IGNORED

George Tanner

Red Army 75

It’s taken him a bit of time for him to bed in and adjust but the potential he was scouted for and the coaching he is getting at City appears to be paying off. It will mostly always be like this when we bring in young players from lower leagues but must be so satisfying for those who put the time and effort in to find these diamonds and the coaches who work with them daily 

I hope Tanner continues to flourish and improve with us as I think he will become a very useful RB/RWB 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tanner gets my MOTM just about, but no-one had a poor game today. Everyone really solid!

Him and Pring had a lot more to do today with the overlaps from Gianoulis and Aarons so their performances did stand out more but my god both of them were brilliant from the first whistle to the last.

I was worried when that Onel Hernandez came on as he's someone I really rate at getting past players when 1v1 but Tanner wasn't fazed in the slightest. Knew when to get tight to him when he was cutting inside, stopping crosses come in when he was going for the by-line.

We've seen similar performances from Pring in recent weeks but it's wonderful to see Tanner make that position his own now, did some really nice possession play on the touchline with Sykes throughout too.

Giving these young players time to bed in - and I harp on about patience all the time - we will see the benefits and that performance showed that today.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Is it a case of rapid development since the summer or Pearson can't spot this? I mean like genuinely, whys he not been playing???!! And Pring!!! Baffling 

Tanner struggled with injuries & pring had stamina issues , Pearson has made it quite clear until you are fully fit you don’t even get a consideration to even challenge for a place , hence him this week totally dismissing a reporter who mentioned Wilson who had a run out , basically said he won’t even be considered until he is fit , end of .

• Like 6

He goes about his business quietly but brilliantly. I get the impression he’s a bit of a shy lad, but he’s come on so much the last few games. 

He showed glimpses last season that impressed but he’s been fantastic and reached another level recently.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He goes about his business quietly but brilliantly. I get the impression he’s a bit of a shy lad, but he’s come on so much the last few games. 

He showed glimpses last season that impressed but he’s been fantastic and reached another level recently.

Kudos to Sykes for supporting him when he needed it too.

Cam Pring is just a machine at LB, absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

Think it was the forest game last season when he looked like a fantastic find from the lower leagues, thought we had something special then and very surprised to see he soon get hooked in 1st half and then drop off the radar for like a year. Not massively surprised that now it's 442 again that he hasn't taken long to get his place back and long may it continue. Great performance although maybe I would give motm to Pring today but only just, the attack versus west brom was superb but also credit to the club for getting a defence from the lower leagues and the academy playing as well as they did today.

Outstanding, as Nige said best performance in a City shirt when you consider he’s against two of the best wingers in the league.

His tackling gets most of the attention but he is one brave so and so. Puts his body on the line for the team.

After hearing his interviews he seems a really grounded, hard working and likeable lad as well.

Credit to our recruitment team and credit to our coaches for his development. Credit must go to George as well for his attitude after not playing the first part of the season.

• Like 1