IGNORED

Our form - last five games

brady bunch

After last nights results, we currently have the best form outside of the top 3 teams.

"If" we win tonight, then we would have the joint best form with Burnley (4 wins and a draw)...

Is there a chink of light gleaming at us far away up the table in sixth spot (currently occupied by the very out-of-form Watford).... I must stop sniffing the optimism gas....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

After last nights results, we currently have the best form outside of the top 3 teams.

"If" we win tonight, then we would have the joint best form with Burnley (4 wins and a draw)...

Is there a chink of light gleaming at us far away up the table in sixth spot (currently occupied by the very out-of-form Watford).... I must stop sniffing the optimism gas....

Steady on, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Oh Sod that, ‘ We are going up say we are going up’

:bounce:

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, brady bunch said:

Steady on BB.

Anyone who's supported City for any length of time knows, from bitter experience, that when we are on a decent run it's against a team like Wigan that things can  unravel and we're brought down to earth with a bump!

At this stage of the season teams like Wigan will be fighting fir their lives and will not make life easy.

Having said that, it does seem that Pearson has instilled a touch of resilience in the players, that might just see them overcome any jitters.

A solid win will set us up for Sunderland, which you'd expect to be the tougher task. A good result there and who knows! .......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Steady on BB.

Anyone who's supported City for any length of time knows, from bitter experience, that when we are on a decent run it's against a team like Wigan that things can  unravel and we're brought down to earth with a bump!

At this stage of the season teams like Wigan will be fighting fir their lives and will not make life easy.

Having said that, it does seem that Pearson has instilled a touch of resilience in the players, that might just see them overcome any jitters.

A solid win will set us up for Sunderland, which you'd expect to be the tougher task. A good result there and who knows! .......

A solid performance & 3 points in what is assuredly a banana skin tonight & we will go to Sunderland very much with our tail's up..?

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Steady on BB.

Fingers crossed we fell them.

At least we aren't playing the tricky trees!!!

We still need to do it over the course of the season.

Much as we can dream, I really think the goal for the rest of the season has to be to build cohesion and consistency and ensure the players go into the summer break confident and ready for what next year brings. If we can then couple that with using the remaining Semenyo money and any other money from player sales or salary savings on smart, sustainable recruitment, we could go into next season with a really strong platform.

57 minutes ago, mozo said:

Has Nige won 3 in a row with City yet? Presume not.

Not in the league.

In all competitions yes he has, twice. Both this season:

1. August 2022 - Luton home 2-0, Cardiff home, 2-0, Wycombe home (EFL Cup), 3-1.

2. CURRENT RUN! - WBA home 3-0, PNE away 2-1, Norwich home 1-0.

He's not managed 4 wins in a row...yet.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 15/02/2023 at 11:49, Son of Fred said:

A solid performance & 3 points in what is assuredly a banana skin tonight & we will go to Sunderland very much with our tail's up..?

On the other hand...................

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

On the other hand...................

Sunderland will not be so intent on stopping us play, they need a win as much as we would like one. Wigan were very much on the draw is a good away result side. 

I expect Bell Wells and Sykes to start and us to continue on the counter attack away from home against a team  that will be pushing forward. 

The wild cards are who will start out of Weimann the boy from Wigan and dare I say it Scott. 

We have a very decent squad now so take your pick in several positions. However I expect the back four and goalkeeper as you were plus James and Williams. 

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Sunderland will not be so intent on stopping us play, they need a win as much as we would like one. Wigan were very much on the draw is a good away result side. 

I expect Bell Wells and Sykes to start and us to continue on the counter attack away from home against a team  that will be pushing forward. 

The wild cards are who will start out of Weimann the boy from Wigan and dare I say it Scott. 

We have a very decent squad now so take your pick in several positions. However I expect the back four and goalkeeper as you were plus James and Williams. 

Think we'll go Mehmeti, Wells, Sykes...and no way that Scott doesn't start...and the rest? - as you were.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

yep i expect to Sunderland to bring the game to us and we can enjoy countering more which we are set up better for.  I'd like to see  Mehmeti Scott and Sykes behind Wells on  Saturday.I think it's harsh on Bell as he has been in great from but  Mehmeti appears to be on Scott's wavelength and will help retain the ball more then Bell .

Crazy to think what we'll do once we have Conway back  a very exciting time to watch City!

28 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

yep i expect to Sunderland to bring the game to us and we can enjoy countering more which we are set up better for.  I'd like to see  Mehmeti Scott and Sykes behind Wells on  Saturday.I think it's harsh on Bell as he has been in great from but  Mehmeti appears to be on Scott's wavelength and will help retain the ball more then Bell .

Crazy to think what we'll do once we have Conway back  a very exciting time to watch City!

It’s an interesting one. Ball retention v counter attacking intent. 

I would go with Bell from the start with Wells, but hey who knows. What is obvious is we have a good squad and players to come back. Exciting it is!

• Like 1

I think it's clear that the signing of Mehmeti means that the pressure is on Bell to perform. His goals have been brilliant but his over contribution a little more average. Mehmeti looks determined to force his way in which hopefully will drive Bell to raise his game even further.

• Like 1

It's genuinely difficult to pick our front three on Saturday and it feels like it's been a long time since we were last able to say that. I think you can make a good case for Mehmeti or Bell and whoever gets left out will feel hard done by.

I'd probably edge towards Bell purely because his movement is so good and, in my opinion, he could offer more on transition when you're looking to break.

But, I mean... quite exciting either way, innit?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

It's genuinely difficult to pick our front three on Saturday and it feels like it's been a long time since we were last able to say that. I think you can make a good case for Mehmeti or Bell and whoever gets left out will feel hard done by.

I'd probably edge towards Bell purely because his movement is so good and, in my opinion, he could offer more on transition when you're looking to break.

But, I mean... quite exciting either way, innit?

I'd like to see Mehmeti, Wells, Sykes. I think Mehmeti could do something with his crossing to Wells, and Sykes can then mop stuff up at the back post if those crosses miss Wells.

• Like 1