IGNORED

10 games unbeaten.?

glynriley

I think it is?

Some negativity about the result tonight, but surely it’s a sign of how far we’ve come since the Boxing Day disaster v West Brom?

Keep it going boys, a top 10 finish is on the cards. 

We’d have all took that , wouldn’t us?

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When were we last 10 unbeaten?

Team were a bit flat tonight, maybe one change too many but overall we have to be happy with the last 6 weeks or so post Boxing Day.

We went 8 earlier this season and Holden had 9.

In 18/19 we went 15 games with 9 wins in a row, then went 6 without a win ruining our play off chances ?‍♂️

• Sad 2

10 games unbeaten in the championship where literally anyone can beat anyone on their day is a great achievement. I seriously doubted our ability to stay up after west brom.on boxing day but between the coaching staff and players they have turned it around.

I don't agree with all of Nigel's decisions/subs/selections and never been his greatest fan but even I haven't got much to argue about at the moment 

Long may it continue

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

We went 8 earlier this season and Holden had 9.

In 18/19 we went 15 games with 9 wins in a row, then went 6 without a win ruining our play off chances ?‍♂️

I remember the 8, that has now been surpassed.

Holden at 9, was that same season or stretching between the end of 2019-20 and 2020-21?

I well remember the 15 unbeaten, at times shades of 2017-18...We were IMO a striker and a CM light in that run in due to Korey and his medium to long term injury and Hegeler retiring halfway through.

Trusting Morrell and Walsh a bit more could have helped with the 2nd and as for the 1st Weimann central in a 4-3-3 for certain games, Diedhiou certainly on the road for others. All hindsight etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Ron W said:

After Sheff Utd lost last night, we’re now on the second-longest unbeaten run in the Championship.

And if Watford could hold onto a late lead, it’d be the longest.

Is this League only, League and Cup or? I know Burnley won 10 on the bounce in the League alone I thought.

I'm being a bit picky tbh, 10 unbeaten is excellent and a clear sign that we are still heading in the right direction..

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is this League only, League and Cup or? I know Burnley won 10 on the bounce in the League alone I thought.

I'm being a bit picky tbh, 10 unbeaten is excellent and a clear sign that we are still heading in the right direction..

Yeah in the league, I think that’s 7 for us now on that front. Blades and Burnley were miles ahead but only one now.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, glynriley said:

I think it is?

Some negativity about the result tonight, but surely it’s a sign of how far we’ve come since the Boxing Day disaster v West Brom?

Keep it going boys, a top 10 finish is on the cards. 

We’d have all took that , wouldn’t us?

I find the negativity a bit odd. Before Preston away, if I was offered seven points from nine I’d have jumped at it. 

Had we beaten Wigan last night, and drawn with Norwich or Preston, people would be happier. But the end result is exactly the same. 

I can also understand resting that trio ahead of what looks like our toughest test in a while at Sunderland. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, tin said:

I find the negativity a bit odd. Before Preston away, if I was offered seven points from nine I’d have jumped at it. 

Had we beaten Wigan last night, and drawn with Norwich or Preston, people would be happier. But the end result is exactly the same. 

I can also understand resting that trio ahead of what looks like our toughest test in a while at Sunderland. 

I think most of the negativity is just disappointment that we lost a lead and we're at times under the kosh in a home game. I think that's normal. I haven't seen any major ranting and raving?

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When were we last 10 unbeaten?

Team were a bit flat tonight, maybe one change too many but overall we have to be happy with the last 6 weeks or so post Boxing Day.

Need to give wigan more credit imo. They stopped us being as effective as in previous games 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tin said:

You are allowed to say when we have put in a poor performance...and last night was a poor performance.

Yes great with the unbeaten run but don't be frightened to point out if occasionally we don't play very well or players look poor.

Don't worry Nige ain't going anywhere! 

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

You are allowed to say when we have put in a poor performance...and last night was a poor performance.

Yes great with the unbeaten run but don't be frightened to point out if occasionally we don't play very well or players look poor.

It wasn’t even that poor. Frustrating but far from poor. 

We can all hope you’re right about Nige. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Were we actually poor…or just not as good as some of our recent games?

You may respond “yes” which is fine.  I’d say we were kinda average last night, but that’s just my view also.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think most of the negativity is just disappointment that we lost a lead and we're at times under the kosh in a home game. I think that's normal. I haven't seen any major ranting and raving?

I haven’t said there’s been any ranting and raving, and I don’t think we were under the cosh aside from a spell after the break. They made a triple sub at half time because we deserved our lead. They wasted time at every opportunity, and would’ve been delighted with a point IMO.

40 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

It wasn’t up to recent (high) standards, no, but you get games like that several times a season. That’s a game we’d have lost in recent seasons and yet if Scott buries his free header or Mehmeti’s cross-shot curls in at the far post, we’d have won ugly. Fine margins. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tin said:

I haven’t said there’s been any ranting and raving, and I don’t think we were under the cosh aside from a spell after the break. They made a triple sub at half time because we deserved our lead. They wasted time at every opportunity, and would’ve been delighted with a point IMO.

It wasn’t up to recent (high) standards, no, but you get games like that several times a season. That’s a game we’d have lost in recent seasons and yet if Scott buries his free header or Mehmeti’s cross-shot curls in at the far post, we’d have won ugly. Fine margins. 

Otoh if Wigan score instead of hitting the bar at 1-0 approaching perhaps it goes differently entirely.

Including us coming out with more intensity post HT if we are pegged back as opposed to being relatively content as we seemed to be. Or maybe they grow and even snatch a win/hold onto a point more easily.

• Like 1

Wigan are fighting for their lives, a new manager and set out a game plan. 

We were given nothing and didn’t win the ball as much as we have recently. We’re we not as good as we have been recently, obviously yes, did we play at our usual tempo, obviously no!

The Ideawe were poor that some have offered is in the context of how well we have played lately. Were we really poor, then you need to look at WBA, because that was poor!

in this division almost anyone can beat anyone, which is why is so tight. Lots of other clubs will have similar games and results between now and the end of May  

Take the point and move on to Sunderland  they certainly don’t want us right now!

5 hours ago, tin said:

I actually was feeling quite relieved at half time because I think Wigan looked good. I was actually surprised that they made those subs because they seemed at least equal to us besides the goal in my humble opinion, but we all see what we see