IGNORED

warning to all those flying to Newcastle/Sunderland,like me

Never to the dark side

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Can't do much about the weather but the issue with Easyjet is that whilst people are now forking out for rail fares at short notice those bastards will literally take weeks to pay out.

Others are still landing mate, it's all about aircraft positioning, easyJet has the latest up to date aircraft and landing systems, it's just bullshit to cancel today and tomorrow's flights!

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Can't do much about the weather but the issue with Easyjet is that whilst people are now forking out for rail fares at short notice those bastards will literally take weeks to pay out.

Interesting as at the moment the ONLY flight out of Bristol today that is cancelled is this flight

The ONLY flight into Newcastle that is cancelled is this one

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Crap time too. Gets you there 12:55pm. Which, if you are staying in Newcastle, need to check in and drop luggage off, then have to get to Sunderland, is a waste of time. My lad and his mates are on the train in an hour.

It's normally quite doable with the metro, and Sunderland is only a few stops along from newcastle

21 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Thanks, but I'd already sent the list of names to Greta.

She and members of Ex-Tinder Repellent will be at the airport to confront the City high-fliers,

I asked her what action her mob is taking to punish our brazen CO2 emitters.

She replied "We're going to S'Mackem !"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

It's normally quite doable with the metro, and Sunderland is only a few stops along from newcastle

Depends if you don't mind rushing around I suppose and assumes tomorrow's flight is not delayed/cancelled. I must admit, if it was me, I would take the crap train journey via Paddington this evening (you can have a shed load of cans on board if drinking is an important part of the weekend) and have a relaxing one tomorrow, getting in the pub pre-match or doing whatever you like when you like etc. etc.

• Like 1

Mate of mine was on the Bristol flight tonight which is defo cancelled….they are now on the train at 530pm

If it helps anyone - we are flying to Edinburgh at 7am tomorrow and then getting 10am train to Sunderland - gets in just after 12-noon

Flight back from Edinburgh on Sunday morning

The things we do to watch City!

• Like 1
  • Robin 7

34 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Mate of mine was on the Bristol flight tonight which is defo cancelled….they are now on the train at 530pm

If it helps anyone - we are flying to Edinburgh at 7am tomorrow and then getting 10am train to Sunderland - gets in just after 12-noon

Fair play to you, loyal support,?

• Robin 1

52 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Fair play..good effort that ? 

Came into Bristol from Corfu in what best can be described as a tropical storm. As we descended we got hit by lightening, twice. You know you’re in trouble when the stewardesses turn white and grip their hand-rests so hard their knuckles look like they’re going to burst. The ride was like being in a lift with delinquent teenager randomly pushing the floor buttons.

Enjoy your flights to Newcastle lads and lasses. All part of life’s rich tapestry…but don’t worry at least you know it’s stormy, flew over the Bermuda Triangle once and the captain said he had no idea why we were bouncing up and down like a yo-yo as their was no air turbulence showing on their radar or reported by the flights we were following!  

53 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Looked at all options. Train almost 6 hours, flight to Edinburgh tonight was a bit of a rush and still got to get train to Newcastle, driving, **** that!

Ive cancelled the lot, just gonna lose £29 on the match ticket. Don’t love City that much to **** about with all that travelling!!

Wonder under the circumstances if City might consider refunding match tickets for anyone who can prove they had a flight booked and now can’t get there without facing exceptional costs. It’s a hell of a commitment to follow City all the way to Sunderland, be nice if the club recognised where people have been screwed over and didn’t leave them out of pocket.

It wouldn’t cost the club much in the grand scheme of things, and would be a big PR win.

@JerrySLO

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Wonder under the circumstances if City might consider refunding match tickets for anyone who can prove they had a flight booked and now can’t get there without facing exceptional costs. It’s a hell of a commitment to follow City all the way to Sunderland, be nice if the club recognised where people have been screwed over and didn’t leave them out of pocket.

It wouldn’t cost the club much in the grand scheme of things, and would be a big PR win.

@JerrySLO

I wonder if there is time to also arrange “emergency” coaches for fans who can prove a plane booking. Would cost but be great PR as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

@JerrySLO

This IS Bristol City You're talking about ?

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is a prime example of why extortionate rail fares for short-notice bookings are not justified by the argument “they should have booked sooner”.

You shouldn’t have to sell a kidney to take a train at the last minute.

Well, not your second one anyway.