IGNORED

FBC Podcast - WIGAN [H] - the verdict: something of a damp squib!

Curr Avon

WIGAN [H] - the verdict: something of a damp squib!

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/

4 points from two home games would have satisfied everyone but having done the difficult bit against the Canaries at the weekend many expected victory against lowly Wigan but it wasn't to be.

Ian, Mark & DaveP review the game and look forward to Saturday's testing fixture at Sunderland.

Hear DaveP speak on What the Falk, a Sunderland podcast, with his thoughts on the upcoming game

• Like 1

Wigan played well. They came to stop us playing through them by winning tackles and forcing us to go long. 

Wigan also did well to push our defense but really only had one chance that came from a scuffed free kick that alluded everyone. That’s life

For our part, the new lad from Wycombe had a decent home debut, Cornick isn’t at it yet as a starter and Andy Weimann needs games. 

Pearson buys players that he sees can be developed and so far has a decent track record at that. I’m not sure what he sees in Cornick that can be developed but that’s a question for Mr Pearson, but be assured he does. 

But for the woodwork the poddy would be completely different and a lot less critical/I would have done. But there we are

Sunderland don’t fancy us either right now so let’s see how they do on Saturday. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Wigan played well. They came to stop us playing through them by winning tackles and forcing us to go long. 

Wigan also did well to push our defense but really only had one chance that came from a scuffed free kick that alluded everyone. That’s life

For our part, the new lad from Wycombe had a decent home debut, Cornick isn’t at it yet as a starter and Andy Weimann needs games. 

Pearson buys players that he sees can be developed and so far has a decent track record at that. I’m not sure what he sees in Cornick that can be developed but that’s a question for Mr Pearson, but be assured he does. 

But for the woodwork the poddy would be completely different and a lot less critical/I would have done. But there we are

Sunderland don’t fancy us either right now so let’s see how they do on Saturday. 

Many thanks for your comments. 

Regarding Sunderland, I watched the highlights of their 3-0 victory at Loftus Road and they have real pace and good pressing. It'll be tough on Saturday.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Many thanks for your comments. 

Regarding Sunderland, I watched the highlights of their 3-0 victory at Loftus Road and they have real pace and good pressing. It'll be tough on Saturday.

I haven’t seen any of the QPR game, however my mate a season ticket holder at Rangers tells me they are in free fall and there is a real fear they will be in a relegation battle if something doesn’t change quickly. 

Sunderland are challenging and are decent and we will have to be at it to compete no doubt. 

However our ability to counter attack a team that plays with the high press is decent enough particularly if Wells Bell and Sykes play. The big miss is Naismith, who makes us look so much better when in midfield, but what are you going to do!? Someone else’s chance I guess. 

Looking forward to it. It’s a shame about the Wigan result as I reckon quite a few more would have gone. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

WIGAN [H] - the verdict: something of a damp squib!

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/

4 points from two home games would have satisfied everyone but having done the difficult bit against the Canaries at the weekend many expected victory against lowly Wigan but it wasn't to be.

Ian, Mark & DaveP review the game and look forward to Saturday's testing fixture at Sunderland.

Hear DaveP speak on What the Falk, a Sunderland podcast, with his thoughts on the upcoming game

Hi Guys...........Just wanted to ask exactly what you meant with regard to asking Steve Lansdown questions on Thursday night  ?   Is this for a Podcast, or is this an open forum taking place at the club?  I heard you mention it at the end of your podcast, but you gave no further info.  Thanks  PS Always impressed that your podcast post game, is always the first to arrive.

Edited by maxjak

22 hours ago, frenchred said:

Very good pod (again) with very balanced views, enjoyed that one

Thanks, Ian was particularly balanced today and I know doesn't give a *shit about those who say he knows *od all about football

17 hours ago, maxjak said:

Hi Guys...........Just wanted to ask exactly what you meant with regard to asking Steve Lansdown questions on Thursday night  ?   Is this for a Podcast, or is this an open forum taking place at the club?  I heard you mention it at the end of your podcast, but you gave no further info.  Thanks  PS Always impressed that your podcast post game, is always the first to arrive.

SL was guest speaker for the first time in 4 years at the Senior Reds lunch on Thursday.

He took written questions and some from the floor including Ian who was suitably polite.

I don't question his commitment to the club when reflecting on what he said.

He put the record straight on one question regarding the houses at the back of the Atyeo - the club only own one. There are no plans to redevelop that end of the ground although a feasibility study was undertaken a few years ago which could increase capacity to 35k+ and would include filling in the corners.

• Like 1