IGNORED

The Best Thing About Today

The Original OTIB

Best thing about today was that after we scored, with 2 minutes left, we wanted to go and win it. 

Also, the best thing is my daughter is unbeaten on away games. 
Last minute winner at Blackburn last season. 
Last minute penalty equaliser today. 
Her next away day is Stoke. Points guaranteed ?

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Best thing about today was that after we scored, with 2 minutes left, we wanted to go and win it. 

Three games across two seasons? She’s a bloody part timer. I bet she expects to be first in the queue for big games and takes tickets from a real fan.

Etc

Etc

Etc

?

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

The most important thing is…

…did she sneak her iPad in?

• Haha 3

We’re going to lose games , obviously . It’s how we lose is important. Two years ago we were embarrassing . Soft as shite , no fight , no pride . If we had lost that game today , there still would of been lots of positives to take. Right from kick off we got on the ball , dictated play. Sunderland paid us a lot of respect & we’ve earned it 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We’re going to lose games , obviously . It’s how we lose is important. Two years ago we were embarrassing . Soft as shite , no fight , no pride . If we had lost that game today , there still would of been lots of positives to take. Right from kick off we got on the ball , dictated play. Sunderland paid us a lot of respect & we’ve earned it 

You would never have known it reading the Matchday thread after we went a goal down…..

We know from his Leicester days, Nige knows how to build successful squads. 

He knows what we need, and now we have some breathing space on the financial front, I’m looking forward to seeing how we look after the next couple of windows. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

After Boxing Day I was honestly willing to bin off Nige and quit supporting City.

8 weeks later I want to marry the bloke and have reaffirmed to my wife that I will be missing on every single Saturday between now and the end of the season. 

Is your wife fit and if so what is your address,I’m willing to miss the first 10 minutes for a bit of leg over 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Three games across two seasons? She’s a bloody part timer. I bet she expects to be first in the queue for big games and takes tickets from a real fan.

Etc

Etc

Etc

?

Ha ha. Yep, sparse away games for her so far but she does have a season ticket so has probably done more games this season than Ian Gay ?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The most important thing is…

…did she sneak her iPad in?

Yep. Got it in. Along with her pens and pencils for drawing. 
But jeez….it was a bloody thorough search I’ll tell ‘ee. 
She actually handed me the iPad just as we scored (as I’d told her there was only a couple of minutes left and it needed packing away - then we got the pen!). We were front row, so if there’s any fan footage, I’ll likely be spotted celebrating our first penalty in 7,139 years with an iPad and purple headphones in my hands!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

17 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agree with the op. We seem very calm now . No panicking & at the centre of that is Matty James. Masterclass from him today 

It's nice to see an away team play the way it wants to play and not get overly fixated about what the other team are doing/might do. The latter is important in the planning, but you need to impose your own game, home or away, to the extent that you can.

Edited by The Original OTIB
edit