IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers stadium to be renamed (again)

shahanshahan

29 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I miss Burnden Park with its easy access and walk into town. It must be bad enough for Trotters fans to commute to a stadium out in the burbs marginally closer to arch rivals Wigan but this is not a great name change. . 

Yes Remember several trips to Burden park, liked the ground over the years. But was a hot spot for trouble I found. And went with a mate to Chorley v Chelsea FA cup. And that was bedlam at times at that one too. I think Chorley had home tie and used Burden park for bigger attendance and money I think.

What does SL not seek same sort of thing with Ashton gate. Money for new players maybe. not sure I like idea of it being called something else mind 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril

14 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes Remember several trips to Burden park, liked the ground over the years. But was a hot spot for trouble I found. And went with a mate to Chorley v Chelsea FA cup. And that was bedlam at times at that one too. I think Chorley had home tie and used Burden park for bigger attendance and money I think.

What does SL not seek same sort of thing with Ashton gate. Money for new players maybe. not sure I like idea of it being called something else mind 

He talked about it during one of the open days years ago but I haven't heard anything more in years. Personally it wouldn't matter to me as I would continue to call it Ashton Gate regardless, in the same way as I will continue to go the the Colston Hall (as the venue in which I saw my first rock concert) rather than the Bristol Beacon. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

On a related note, surprised Spurs still haven't sold the naming rights for the new stadium.

Probably something to do with Tottenham Hotspur themselves essentially being the sponsor. It's a huge advert for their club whenever they host an NFL game or other event

Edited by Roe

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The first name always sticks doesn't it. It's the Reebok Stadium!

On a related note, surprised Spurs still haven't sold the naming rights for the new stadium.

Spurs don't have a new stadium. Its a revamped expanded White Hart Lane where its still situated. They haven't moved. 

26 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Spurs don't have a new stadium. Its a revamped expanded White Hart Lane where its still situated. They haven't moved. 

The Old White Hart Lane was completly knocked down and rebuilt. It's a brand new stadium.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Good news -  Primark is willing to pay millions for stadium naming rights

Bad news- it will be known is  PriMark Ashton Gate! :shocking:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It's 100% a completely new stadium. The location may be the same but it's certainly not a 'revamp' - none of the original stadium remains. 

Not exactly true. It’s moved half a stadium north. The centre spot of the old stadium is now marked by a plaque in the concourse of the new stadium and much of the old stadium is incorporated as hard core underneath. Incidentally there was a mysterious fire one night in a sheet metal business at one end of the stadium (just happened to be the last one holding out from the developers)!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

It's 100% a completely new stadium. The location may be the same but it's certainly not a 'revamp' - none of the original stadium remains. 

We will have to agree to disagree. They haven't moved but built on and around the location which is still at White Hart Lane. Whereas I am happy to record the Emirates for example as a new ground I haven't been to and City haven't played at I don't see the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the same way. As far as I'm concerned City have played on the site and I've seen us win there. 

1 hour ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Not exactly true. It’s moved half a stadium north. The centre spot of the old stadium is now marked by a plaque in the concourse of the new stadium and much of the old stadium is incorporated as hard core underneath. Incidentally there was a mysterious fire one night in a sheet metal business at one end of the stadium (just happened to be the last one holding out from the developers)!

Not a toughsheet metal business then?

• Haha 1

On 20/02/2023 at 17:14, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Spurs don't have a new stadium. It’s a revamped expanded White Hart Lane where it’s still situated. They haven't moved. 

With respect, that’s absolute rubbish.

Like saying you don’t have a new car because you still park it on the same drive as the old one.