IGNORED

Argyle v Cheltenham - Pizza Trophy

Lanterne Rouge

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

1-0 Argyle. 

Edit. Disallowed

In the mid 90s Argyle played Burnley in the third tier play offs.

Cant remember why but our football club Buckfastleigh allowed two coach loads of Burley fans to stop off at our club on route for a beer or two.

They left the club in a right mess and after they had gone playing pool was out as they had taken all the pool balls with them.

Weather they ended up taking anyone out in the Devenport End **** knows.

13 hours ago, redkev said:

Let’s hope the trains actually arrive at Plymouth station not 2 miles out ???

I wasn't on the train but well remember the scenes outside the ground post match Kev! Easter weekend IIRC, I'd guess a good few thousand City leaving the ground, with several hundred making their way from the train and Plymuff in the middle. Absolute carnage...?

12 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I wasn't on the train but well remember the scenes outside the ground post match Kev! Easter weekend IIRC, I'd guess a good few thousand City leaving the ground, with several hundred making their way from the train and Plymuff in the middle. Absolute carnage...?

Think it was a Good Friday game as you say it was carnage, think that was the day the car showroom got smashed up before KO. Plenty of City stayed in Torquay that night and someone stole a boat from the harbour....sunk before it reached the open sea IIRC.

49 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Think it was a Good Friday game as you say it was carnage, think that was the day the car showroom got smashed up before KO. Plenty of City stayed in Torquay that night and someone stole a boat from the harbour....sunk before it reached the open sea IIRC.

I think I remember hearing that, as one or two started to panic a little as the boat sank, one of them realise it was still shallow and stood up

It may have been the weekend we stayed in Torquay and they were home to Exeter. In the pub on the front with some City at the back and some Exeter in the bar. Could have been nasty but just a couple of glasses thrown , I think they thought better of it as there were a fair few more City around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

The car showroom thing was a different time, 96

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think I remember hearing that, as one or two started to panic a little as the boat sank, one of them realise it was still shallow and stood up

It may have been the weekend we stayed in Torquay and they were home to Exeter. In the pub on the front with some City at the back and some Exeter in the bar. Could have been nasty but just a couple of glasses thrown , I think they thought better of it as there were a fair few more City around.

I'm sure there was a story in the Evening Post (possibly around the same time) of one of the Nolan Sisters sitting in her mini in Torquay harbour area frightened to death as City fans rocked it from the outside.

Awful behaviour, I really shouldn't laugh...?