IGNORED

James & Williams

Fordy62

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Like watching Petite and Vieira in their pomp. 

Absolutely everywhere today, winning everything. Whereas a lot of the plaudits will ordinarily go to the flair players, it’s no coincidence that our upturn in form is owing to this pair being in fine form. 

The amount of times they intercepted or broke up play today was absolutely ludicrous.  

There’s lots to like all over the pitch at the moment, but these two were head and shoulders above anyone today. 

You forgot to add the idiots who don’t rate them can eff off,far to positive post

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I gave James MOM but Williams almost as influential in the engine room. 

Huge part of the performance today.

I'd agree re: James MotM today. Williams has done well since coming in for Kai, shown he can play a disciplined role alongside James. A few poor loose passes from him, but overall a positive for sure.

• Like 1

Williams ran himself into the ground, worked incredibly hard and managed to get us on the front foot so often. 
Somehow James was even better. Without seeming to sprint anywhere, he closed players and angles and seemed to be in the right place to nick the ball regularly. I thought today was his best performance, definitely MotM.

• Like 1

I wasn't there as I went to Cardiff for Wales v England.

From a quick scan through today's posts, it appears to me that we are on a good run of matches because each match brings out different "tops of the pile" from the team.

One week it's Scott, or O'Leary. Bell or Wells, Vyner or Pring and so on. This tells me that a very high percentage of our squad are contributing to the unbeaten run. It's how teams win titles, cups and promotions. Long may it continue.

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Like watching Petite and Vieira in their pomp. 

Absolutely everywhere today, winning everything. Whereas a lot of the plaudits will ordinarily go to the flair players, it’s no coincidence that our upturn in form is owing to this pair being in fine form. 

The amount of times they intercepted or broke up play today was absolutely ludicrous.  

There’s lots to like all over the pitch at the moment, but these two were head and shoulders above anyone today. 

Don't forget george Tanner had a difficult oponent with he tamed before getting replaced.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Interesting thread. James partnership in middle is a very effective at breaking up the opposition's midfield attacks and counters . James distribution forward is good. Williams ran him self into the ground today, well done. But his passing is often poor. That needs to improve. 

Williams passing is fine, need to take into account he’s the one out of the pair who “tries to force it”.  James is the steady, keep it moving type of passer (like Wade), whereas Joe is trying to be more creative, more risk taking with his passes.

Across the season we can see that in the two charts below.

Creative Passes:

47FA1165-AA4E-4139-82FB-889D545407FC.thumb.jpeg.159cdf5334fb9e5c6f494b53ed165df9.jpeg

Other passes:

0D68935D-93E5-43EF-B1D7-B8D24655F2AA.thumb.jpeg.b42200df02c084f415504ad6a6fb0e1e.jpeg

As for yesterday:

C408BB40-F1A4-4415-B3DC-3D6A943D4A48.jpeg.0a749eb4faa25c77f57931c847aed03e.jpeg

694F69C5-6417-4ADB-8C63-119A52A0E9BF.jpeg.f9e736672df62e6df7fc6054f9a95511.jpeg

James was actually worse from a passing success perspective.

But overall, the main take away is they both played really well.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I thought both were outstanding. I did concede though that Williams is this teams Marlon Pack... He's the best passer of the ball in the team. Whilst also being the worst passer of the ball in the team!

Can see what you mean,maybe he tries things that a safer mind wouldn't,the sort of passes Naismith tries, attempting to 'break the lines'

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Williams passing is fine, need to take into account he’s the one out of the pair who “tries to force it”.  James is the steady, keep it moving type of passer (like Wade), whereas Joe is trying to be more creative, more risk taking with his passes.

Across the season we can see that in the two charts below.

Creative Passes:

47FA1165-AA4E-4139-82FB-889D545407FC.thumb.jpeg.159cdf5334fb9e5c6f494b53ed165df9.jpeg

Other passes:

0D68935D-93E5-43EF-B1D7-B8D24655F2AA.thumb.jpeg.b42200df02c084f415504ad6a6fb0e1e.jpeg

As for yesterday:

C408BB40-F1A4-4415-B3DC-3D6A943D4A48.jpeg.0a749eb4faa25c77f57931c847aed03e.jpeg

694F69C5-6417-4ADB-8C63-119A52A0E9BF.jpeg.f9e736672df62e6df7fc6054f9a95511.jpeg

James was actually worse from a passing success perspective.

But overall, the main take away is they both played really well.

The difference though, and what probably sticks in people's minds, is that Williams has three or four very short unsuccessful passes there in the middle of the pitch.

Looks like pretty much all bar one of James' unsuccessful passes were longer balls.

But anyway, they were obviously effective as I don't really remember Hull having anything through the middle all game tbh. Maybe one very poor Estupinan shot from about 25 yards, but that was it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

The difference though, and what probably sticks in people's minds, is that Williams has three or four very short unsuccessful passes there in the middle of the pitch.

Looks like pretty much all bar one of James' unsuccessful passes were longer balls.

But anyway, they were obviously effective as I don't really remember Hull having anything through the middle all game tbh. Maybe one very poor Estupinan shot from about 25 yards, but that was it.

Agree.