IGNORED

Long Ashton Park & Ride for night games

Hartleysbeard

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Apologies

Hey no worries, had to double check I wasn’t missing it! It’s odd that there’s never any mention of this P&R in any of the Matchday information released by the club. 

2 hours ago, redsontour said:

LA Park & Ride has had more opening hours than Ronnie Barker…and the signwriter is a busy bee…but it’s now something like 00:30 which is good…

Is that right? The website clearly states an earlier closing time of 22:20

6 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

Hey no worries, had to double check I wasn’t missing it! It’s odd that there’s never any mention of this P&R in any of the Matchday information released by the club. 

I can’t understand why the club has never succeeded in reaching an agreement with the relative authority for that P&R to be used for football/rugby supporters parking. If only for selected matches it’d be welcome. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pillred said:

For anyone thinking of using the cricket club or the field next to it for parking it was £50 for the killers and £30 for the lioness's game the other night. I imagine they will be licking their lips at the prospect of the Man city game expect the worse you have been warned.

That’s an absolute disgrace. 

17 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Any decent government would insist that the Long Ashton park and ride is fully open with hours to suit for all evening City matches.

What the hell is a park and ride for if it's not open to suit the travelling public.

Maybe that could be Marv’s final (only one actually delivered?) legacy for the city of Bristol?

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Any decent government would insist that the Long Ashton park and ride is fully open with hours to suit for all evening City matches.

What the hell is a park and ride for if it's not open to suit the travelling public.

Only one problem with your argument. No one uses it to park and ride. It is mainly used as a park and walk.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redsontour said:

I‘m not sure Marv’s “legacy” can extend to a car park in another county…which is the issue that complicates it somewhat…

It’s for the greater good of residents in both Somerset (some of them may actually travel into Bristol to work?) and Bristol, so you’d like to think politicians could try to work together for the benefit of all ratepayers. 

• Like 1