IGNORED

Pearson - Various National Newspaper Interviews (Merged)

Mr Popodopolous

• The title was changed to Interviews with Pearson- Telegraph and Daily Mail
2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

After referencing HMHB Nigel has gone up even more in my estimation!

Although he does say the Dukla Prague Away Kit reference is not HMHB related….but the fact he’s au fait with them is good enough for me.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I love Nige. So glad he's really invested in us as a club and region. Lovely stuff.

Interesting that one of the highest-profile managers we've had is getting totally invested in things, not just here "for a job" as some other lower profile managers have been.

I think he's genuinely at a point where he knows he has nothing to prove to do anyone but himself. And I think we present an interesting challenge in the sense of an opportunity to turn an underachieving club around from top to bottom. That's obviously not an easy task but I can see where he sees the reward in it.

The really exciting sentence for me in the interview is: "But it still has a hook, and the hook is that when it really takes off, it will massively take off. Massively." I think he really sees what the club could be. 

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Interesting that he said that it's been harder to turn around than he thought it would be.

I suppose to an outsider they might have thought.

"Okay, tricky time on the pitch with a shedload of injuries and home advantage removed (as fot everyone) no fans.

"Nezt season, injuries reasonably resolved, fans back.

"Good infrastructure- academy, ground, HPC nearing completion. Lots of experienced players including a number of internationals. Give them some structure, injures reduce massively and off we go. 3 year plan with some changes!"

Rot was of course much deeper, the legacy of the injures much worse- wonder how up front we were about just what a financial hole we were in! Otoh if too rosey a picture painted maybe he'd have walked.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

What a bloke.

Totally.

The combination of obvious intelligence, his wide variety of (non football) interests, his standing within the game & how he’s obviously bought into this part of the world is unprecedented in our managerial appointments.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I suppose to an outsider they might have thought.

"Okay, tricky time on the pitch with a shedload of injuries and home advantage removed (as fot everyone) no fans.

"Nezt season, injuries reasonably resolved, fans back.

"Good infrastructure- academy, ground, HPC nearing completion. Lots of experienced players including a number of internationals. Give them some structure, injures reduce massively and off we go. 3 year plan with some changes!"

Rot was of course much deeper, the legacy of the injures much worse- wonder how up front we were about just what a financial hole we were in! Otoh if too rosey a picture painted maybe he'd have walked.

I would imagine he would have understood the financial mess, I think maybe he underestimated the fitness issues some of the players had, maybe the toxic nature of some of the players that were here and how difficult it was to get them off the books. I was also thinking maybe it was more difficult to get the executive buy in to begin with.

• Like 1

Are they trolling us?

"Pearson’s in good spirits as we sit at a quiet table in the Avon Gorge hotel near the Clifton Suspension Bridge on the day Pearson celebrated his two-year anniversary in charge of Bristol City."

Why did our source not report his back earlier!

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Are they trolling us?

"Pearson’s in good spirits as we sit at a quiet table in the Avon Gorge hotel near the Clifton Suspension Bridge on the day Pearson celebrated his two-year anniversary in charge of Bristol City."

Why did our source not report his back earlier!

Was there any sign of Curbishly?

• Haha 6