IGNORED

Jason Euell - TBF Pod

Davefevs

Really good watch / listen, fascinating insight.  If tomorrow is gonna take an age to come around through excitement, worth an hour.

Talks about being competitive….and at time of recording calls out only Brum and Reading away as games where we were poor.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Good listen. Thank you.

Be interesting to see if Jason could get an opportunity to manage us.  Obviously, recruiting from within is tricky if like Holden you are associated with a previous manager who was was relieved of his duties due to downturn in performances etc.  However, NP is a manager who I can see leaving even if things are going relatively well, just because he either wants a new challenge once he has done the hard work to set the club in the right direction, or he just wants to go for some long walks and feels that life is bigger than football.

I can see NP appointed as DoF once he's sorting our mess out (which he is well on the way to doing) after his tenure and JE stepping into the managers role. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Good listen. Thank you.

Be interesting to see if Jason could get an opportunity to manage us.  Obviously, recruiting from within is tricky if like Holden you are associated with a previous manager who was was relieved of his duties due to downturn in performances etc.  However, NP is a manager who I can see leaving even if things are going relatively well, just because he either wants a new challenge once he has done the hard work to set the club in the right direction, or he just wants to go for some long walks and feels that life is bigger than football.

I can see NP appointed as DoF once he's sorting our mess out (which he is well on the way to doing) after his tenure and JE stepping into the managers role. 

I think it depends on circumstances. 
The club is tanking and the managers is sacked, whoever comes in then it's hard and if it's from within then even harder IMO.
If it's to carry on and the manager has been groomed to succeed , a bit like Jordan taking over from Cooper, then it is a bit different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

I'd love to see something like this happen. A succession plan for management is a sign of a club with a proper identity and a forward thinking plan. 

• Like 3

I think it highly unlikely Nige will become DoF. As he has previously mentioned he doesn’t enjoy dealing with agents and that aspect of the game.

I suspect once his time as manager comes to an end, which is hopefully a few years away, he will be done with football.

The links to newspaper interviews posted yesterday highlight that as he approaches 60 he did not expect to be still a manager. 

I get the impression that he has lots of different interests, not least his grandchildren and will be looking to spend more time on family things.

Dont misunderstand I get the feeling that he is still fired up by the challenge here and has a desire to be the one that unlocks our potential.

• Like 2