IGNORED

Parking charges tonight

westonred

58 minutes ago, westonred said:

Are we going to get ripped off with ridiculous prices again like the last time the Manchester clubs came to town and the prices went from a Fiver to £15 to park

£15, it was £30 for the lioness's game and £50 for the Killers I will bet you will not get any change from £40 tonight don't support them. and it has not been a fiver for 3 years it went up each season first 5 then 10 then 15 now they just seem to charge what they think they can get away with. I hope there are proper checks done on their income as they never issue any tickets, the field and cricket club parking has become a license to print money they are greedy bast**ds.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, pillred said:

£15, it was £30 for the lioness's game and £50 for the Killers I will bet you will not get any change from £40 tonight don't support them. and it has not been a fiver for 3 years it went up each season first 5 then 10 then 15 now they just seem to charge what they think they can get away with. I hope there are proper checks done on their income as they never issue any tickets, the field and cricket club parking has become a license to print money they are greedy bast**ds.

OK, let’s dispel the myth that the cricket club make money from parking. They DON’T. The guy who owns the field next door owns the access to the cricket club and won’t let them charge for parking. Only club members are allowed to park there.

20 minutes ago, Adge's Cider Mug said:

OK, let’s dispel the myth that the cricket club make money from parking. They DON’T. The guy who owns the field next door owns the access to the cricket club and won’t let them charge for parking. Only club members are allowed to park there.

I parked in there for 2 seasons it went from £5 to £15 when they started charging that in the field next door, so they were making money, now I have no idea.  

3 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Residents spaces around North Street free after 5, and there were still spaces at 6pm

Was my old tactic when I used to live in Cardiff, would get there about 4:50, call someone for a chat just incase anyone tried pointing out I shouldn't be parked there and my plan (although never had to) was to say I had to park to make an emergency phone call.... 5pm rolls around and I get out the car and go to the pub for food.

• Like 1

Trading estate car park was full at 630 so drove on up and asked a gent nicely who was locking up for the night whether we could park on his premises and he was more than happy 

Thank you very much sir - I know you won’t be reading this as he asked who was playing 

Edited by Rossi the Robin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pillred said:

I parked in there for 2 seasons it went from £5 to £15 when they started charging that in the field next door, so they were making money, now I have no idea.  

You’re correct in terms of the increases. Going back years the guy who owned the field next door forced the cricket club to match his charges, again because of the power he had over their access. I have parked at BCC since 2007 and the club have not charged for parking for at least 2 years, probably more. If only they could control the access to their own site, there is no doubt that healthy competition would put a lid on the price rises enforced on a whim by the guy next door.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Was my old tactic when I used to live in Cardiff, would get there about 4:50, call someone for a chat just incase anyone tried pointing out I shouldn't be parked there and my plan (although never had to) was to say I had to park to make an emergency phone call.... 5pm rolls around and I get out the car and go to the pub for food.

It's a reason for liking the night games. Used to park round there on a Saturday @2pm and pay £3 for 3 hrs parking until 5pm when restrictions cease.. Now £4.50. Still cheaper than the car parks but a 50% increase 

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Nice one del boy, I lived on Winterstoke Road and recognised your Reliant Robin ?

• Haha 1

I parked at the LA P&R and took a bus, where he didn’t charge me for some reason, to the Cottage for a pint.

After the game there were a few hundred cars parked in there.

I was a bit worried we might have been locked in if it had gone to penalties but that was never really likely.