IGNORED

Pep

harvey54

Looking at him tonight I think he'd walk into any midfield in a mid table premier league team ie Palace or Wolves. If he went to Spurs or Newcastle maybe we could get him back on loan for a year but he's already too good for our league.  Good luck to the lad. I for one will be proud when he walks out for England alongside Rice. The boy is that good 

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

18 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

He’s not going to develop someone else’s player

If he feels a player can make a difference to our team, he will take them on board.

This season and last, the feeling has been that we’re not going up nor down so there was no need to loan in a player.

Did hear we were looking at the loan market for a defender in January though. 

• Like 1

I’ve got a lot of time for Pep. I also like the way that even when Man City are winning, when the ball goes out of play near him for a throw in to Man City, he rushes to get the ball back in play ASAP. Not a thought of running down the clock - he just doesn’t have those negative thoughts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TBW said:

Very easy comment to make. Compliment fans and you're in the clear.

Same as when a player is asked "weren't the fans great tonight?"... What do you expect them to say, "Nah, they were bollocks"?

There wasn't any question asked to him about the City fans in order to illicit a compliment, he came out with it himself.

Pep Guardiola speaks with ITV Sport

It was really tough. Bristol showed us how good they can be. I was impressed by some players, I didn't know them. The second half was much better.

Incredible fans at Bristol. We came here five years ago in the Carabao Cup and it was amazing. I remember it perfectly.

Guardiola had no need to mention the City fans at all. He was obviously genuinely impressed with the City fans and the atmosphere created.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There wasn't any question asked to him about the City fans in order to illicit a compliment, he came out with it himself.

It was really tough. Bristol showed us how good they can be. I was impressed by some players, I didn't know them. The second half was much better.

Incredible fans at Bristol. We came here five years ago in the Carabao Cup and it was amazing. I remember it perfectly.

Guardiola had no need to mention the City fans at all. He was obviously genuinely impressed with the City fans and the atmosphere created.

Never said he was asked the question. Just said it's an easy statement to make.

• Like 1

Just now, TBW said:

Not sure why you felt the need to say that though?

He wasn't prompted to say it and there was no reason to say it unless he meant it.

Why not just accept it as a genuine compliment to City fans from an opposing manager who really enjoyed the atmosphere at AG tonight?

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, TBW said:

It is an easy statement to make isn’t it?

Every statement is easy to make.

Hes been complimentary about our support again, didn’t have to be but he was. That’s not a bad thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

I'm sure he remembers us creating a proper atmosphere at their library for a full 90 too. My favourite away day ever, 8000 in unison all game. 

At their library haha. Do Bristol City fans generate a great atmosphere at home to Cheltenham? Nope, do you ****.

30 places between each btw, incase you’re struggling. 

Edited by Danny1894
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

It was a cup semi-final. We could have been playing Yate and we'd have sung more than just that god awful blue moon dirge once before the game. You've got the best team in world football and your fans, many of whom have no idea who Weaver, Edgehill and Dickov are, take it all for granted. 

Our manager has never had to call our fans out for being dull and lifeless. And we are shit and have next to nothing to sing about.

I sat in the front row at your place and couldn't believe how many of your fans in tier below stood staring at us, absolutely mesmerised by what a football atmosphere could be like.

Cheats and frauds with a plastic half and half scarf wearing fansbase. 

Good post. Less Man City plastics there last night although they came unstuck lording it up before and after the game. They may well be like that for a Premier League away game but that was probably a reception they aren’t used to.

Edited by One Team

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Interesting. He didn't know our players. But he knew about Marlon Pack in 2018.

9 hours ago, Gazred said:

"£30m and we have him back next season, done!"

That would be ideal , but I think that who ever buys him will want him to train and learn more from better players around him , that’s what Man City done with foden, didn’t loan him out just got him training with first team squad until he was ready , 

didnt work out to badly the kids not bad is he ?

• Like 2