IGNORED

Centre Backs

GrahamC

57 minutes ago, Taz said:

Pring played really well last night, seemed to be popping up when and where he needed to, and got forward and caused a few problems as well.

Mention to James also, who I thought was integral to the side last night. Breaking up play, protecting the defenders, and playing the simple balls effectively. He was unfortunate with injuries when he first came, think he was also playing through injuries as well, but recently you can see exactly why Pearson bought him in, and exactly how and where he wants him to play. If you're expecting him to do the fancy stuff, get forward and score spectacular goals then you'll be disappointed, because that isn't the game he is playing.

Matty James has overtaken Vyner and Scott in the player of the season stakes for me. Pring would be 4th on my list (then Sykes and Wells).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Pring played really well last night, seemed to be popping up when and where he needed to, and got forward and caused a few problems as well.

Mention to James also, who I thought was integral to the side last night. Breaking up play, protecting the defenders, and playing the simple balls effectively. He was unfortunate with injuries when he first came, think he was also playing through injuries as well, but recently you can see exactly why Pearson bought him in, and exactly how and where he wants him to play. If you're expecting him to do the fancy stuff, get forward and score spectacular goals then you'll be disappointed, because that isn't the game he is playing.

They were my two picks last night.

Pring had a more difficult second half against Waghorn, but he played really well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Was getting pelters in the MDT for going long, thought it was a mature performance and he was risk averse in an unfamiliar position. Exactly what he should be doing. Grew into it and progressed the ball into midfield several times and could have got an assist with one of those CB overlaps. 

James. Just incredible every week. My favourite player I think. 

Of course the MDT would rather he took a risky dribble or a risky pass into midfield….so they can moan at that instead ???