IGNORED

U21's v Forest

bcfc01

Kicked of at 13.00 today.

Premier League Cup quarter final v Notts Forest.

0-0 at half time with two Forest players booked.

Fulham and Blackburn already in the semi-finals with Arsenal and Brentford playing tonight.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-nottingham-forest-live-8244589

Edited by bcfc01

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seems remarkable that 25 year old Ryan Yates starts for them, when considering that he came on as a sub at Spurs on Saturday playing the last 20 minutes & he also featured in their previous Prem game as well.

Hopefully, he'll be about as effective as Jerry Yates was on the weekend....

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Last 10 minutes.

If it ends 0-0 then its extra time, followed by penalties if necessary.

That'll be confusing for our players then!

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

The media team get to decide how much exposure the highly rated, much talked about, academy gets? Bizarre 

Well given a couple of seasons ago it used to be the analysis department and not the media department who made the highlights videos for academy games....

Edited by Lrrr

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Kane Wilson and Francois subbed, they'll be on the bench at Luton.

That was the plan - however they should have be subbed regardless. Woeful. Both offered absolutely nothing. Fear for Wilson’s future at the club tbh. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

His performances for the 21s have been staggering (I’ve now watched him 6/7 times in those games). If he wants first team football you would expect him to strive to ‘stand out’ to show his worth. With his experience he should lead be by example. Work rate, positioning, eagerness to be involved in the game instead of hiding, he doesn’t say a word. When he has the ball it seems his only intent is trying to beat one or two which fails more often that not. Decision making is shot. He’s either disinterested or has something going on off the field.  (Which I hope isn’t the case). If he does make the bench tmw, it can only be a numbers decision. Such a shame… thought we’d bought a good ‘un.

10 hours ago, Hup said:
10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

His performances for the 21s have been staggering (I’ve now watched him 6/7 times in those games). If he wants first team football you would expect him to strive to ‘stand out’ to show his worth. With his experience he should lead be by example. Work rate, positioning, eagerness to be involved in the game instead of hiding, he doesn’t say a word. When he has the ball it seems his only intent is trying to beat one or two which fails more often that not. Decision making is shot. He’s either disinterested or has something going on off the field.  (Which I hope isn’t the case). If he does make the bench tmw, it can only be a numbers decision. Such a shame… thought we’d bought a good ‘un.

He hasn't been fully fit pretty much since he first arrived at the club, I don't see how you can judge the guy on any of this season, no matter what level he is playing at.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He hasn't been fully fit pretty much since he first arrived at the club, I don't see how you can judge the guy on any of this season, no matter what level he is playing at.

Just out of curiosity. If a player is deemed to be fit enough to play (because they don’t play if they are not - S&C won’t allow it) and play 90 minutes consistently for over six weeks (apart from his first game where minutes were managed) - how else do you judge a player? There’s a reason he’s nowhere near the first team. Performance levels and application. Nothing to do with fitness. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hup said:

Just out of curiosity. If a player is deemed to be fit enough to play (because they don’t play if they are not - S&C won’t allow it) and play 90 minutes consistently for over six weeks (apart from his first game where minutes were managed) - how else do you judge a player? There’s a reason he’s nowhere near the first team. Performance levels and application. Nothing to do with fitness. 

There's a psychological aspect to recovering from injury as well as a physical, the games he has played will be as much about trusting his body as getting match fitness. 

I don't believe that Pearson puts players on the bench just to make up numbers, unless he thinks they could play a part of needed. I know the other players rate him and consider him a big miss this season and players don't tend to rate those with a bad attitude.

• Like 1