IGNORED

Luton Town away match thread

Bullying us, outrunning us. Not letting us settle to counter in the slightest.

No hold up at the top of the pitch to get a foothold. 

We get the ball to Mehmeti/JD and Sykes/Cornick on the wings and there is no inside option, Weimann, Wells, Scott or King need to be there, at least one of them but we're just being overran at the moment.

They play down the sides with Drameh and Doughty then when that's cut out they switch it over to the other side quickly and we aren't keeping up.

Their two forwards are big strong lumps and put a lot of running and effort into linking up, full credit to them - a clear identity and it's snuffing ours out at the moment.

The whole team needs to step up and win a couple tackles early and things may start falling our way, if they don't they'll kill the game early.

• Flames 1
Just now, slartibartfast said:

It MUST be me, but I'm not particularly impressed with Luton............it's just that we are totally shite   (for obvious reasons, game too far with the injury probs ).

They play percentages stuff, because their front two are giants but it’s not exactly easy on the eye.

Basically it’s still a Nathan Jones team.

• Like 2

What a terrible half. I’m impressed with Luton’s energy and pressing , but City don’t seem up for it . I’d get Cornick off as he’s not offering anything and this seems a match to many for King. Not that anyone is playing any better than those 2 , in fact Pring, Wells, Vyner and Mehmetti have been shocking. 
Come on you Yellows ! 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm honestly not sure what Dasilva and Pring can do against Adebayo and Morris. The physical mismatch is incredible and the support from Luton's other players is too good.

Campbell is all over Scott as well and King has been flogged.

Dunno what we can really do to get back into this. 

Apparently if we take off Cornick all our problems are solved.

Your analysis is spot on, by the way.

Absolute dogs mess of a first half. Every single player has been shocking. Maxs distribution coach is clearly Stevie Wonder. Most of our players have hobnobs for feet. I’m not sure if our kit is yellow because it’s actually made out of treacle, as we certainly look like we’re running in it. I’m trying to work out if Cornick is an early April fools joke and we’re just waiting for the 1st for the punchline. I mean what on earth was that?  I mean no wonder we no have a headless pigeon as our badge, as we’re pigeon toed, flapping about, and we keep sh*tting ourselves”. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

There are some mitigating circumstances what with injuries etc

but there is no excuse for being so careless with the ball

time after time after time.

Come on City! Let's start again.

That’s what pressure and physicality does, rushing everything for fear of getting caught on the ball.

But it’s a new 45…they’ll be disappointed they aren’t out of sight.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, redapple said:

What a terrible half. I’m impressed with Luton’s energy and pressing , but City don’t seem up for it . I’d get Cornick off as he’s not offering anything and this seems a match to many for King. Not that anyone is playing any better than those 2 , in fact Pring, Wells, Vyner and Mehmetti have been shocking. 
Come on you Yellows ! 

Dasilva’s having a mare as well. 

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

Absolute dogs mess of a first half. Every single player has been shocking. Maxs distribution coach is clearly Stevie Wonder. Most of our players have hobnobs for feet. I’m not sure if our kit is yellow because it’s actually made out of treacle, as we certainly look like we’re running in it. I’m trying to work out if Cornick is an early April fools joke and we’re just waiting for the 1st for the punchline. I mean what on earth was that?  I mean no wonder we no have a headless pigeon as our badge, as we’re pigeon toed, flapping about, and we keep sh*tting ourselves”. 

Bless you 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm honestly not sure what Dasilva and Pring can do against Adebayo and Morris. The physical mismatch is incredible and the support from Luton's other players is too good.

Campbell is all over Scott as well and King has been flogged.

Dunno what we can really do to get back into this. 

Somebody chinning Lockyer would do for me ?

• Haha 1