IGNORED

Alex Scott. EFL player of the month

RedEd73

Few more quid on the price , 

just hoping one of the big boys buy him and loan him back for a season 

can’t see it though he's probably good enough to start in  quite a few prem teams side even now . Plus with no disrespect to our players / coaches he will be training with better players & top coaches

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

So so well deserved.

Massive boots to fill in the summer.

Well done, Alex.

SmartSelect_20230315_134218_Facebook.jpg

Hes the young player of the month, Bradshaw won player of the month.

Still, great achievement and must have a chance of winning young player of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Hes the young player of the month, Bradshaw won player of the month.

Still, great achievement and must have a chance of winning young player of the year.

I was trying to remember if someone else had won it for us this season. The answer is obviously Tommy Conway but, more interestingly, we're now joint top with MK Dons for most ever winners. Admittedly part of this is the fact we've never been in the Premier League means we've always been eligible but still surprising. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Young_Player_of_the_Month

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, WWred said:

How awesome would it be if he ended up some where like Borussia Dortmund though...

With Bellingham likely moving on, be the ideal platform for him at thigh level!

It would be awesome if he stayed here and got promotion with us . That would be awesome. Leaving little ol’ Bristol City in his wake as he hobknobs it with the elite would be just a little feather in our cap , no more and as frustrating as when Andy Cole buggered off to Newcastle albeit that A.S. would command a big fee to invest in the club. 

25 minutes ago, WWred said:

How awesome would it be if he ended up some where like Borussia Dortmund though...

Mein Onkel ist Deutscher und sagt, Borussia Dortmund behalte ihn im Auge. I just made that up, obvs, but I bet they are :).

(PS blame google for the poor German. I'd hate to think what it nows says translated back :)

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, WWred said:

Platform at thigh level? Hope not, sounds like an injury in the making 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I was trying to remember if someone else had won it for us this season. The answer is obviously Tommy Conway but, more interestingly, we're now joint top with MK Dons for most ever winners. Admittedly part of this is the fact we've never been in the Premier League means we've always been eligible but still surprising. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Young_Player_of_the_Month

A young Chris Martin on that list as well.

15 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Mein Onkel ist Deutscher und sagt, Borussia Dortmund behalte ihn im Auge. I just made that up, obvs, but I bet they are :).

(PS blame google for the poor German. I'd hate to think what it nows says translated back :)

Reaching back to my German A Level from the distant past, behalte means keep (I think) and Auge means eye. So presumably you meant "keeping an eye on."

Whether German has any such phrase I don't know but if you translated it back you may indeed get something different. Though it won't be anything naughty!?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Reaching back to my German A Level from the distant past, behalte means keep (I think) and Auge means eye. So presumably you meant "keeping an eye on."

Whether German has any such phrase I don't know but if you translated it back you may indeed get something different. Though it won't be anything naughty!?

Very good. I think I managed a CSE Grade 2. 'Es ist schon' is about as much as I can manage on my own. My original was something like 'My uncle is German, and he says Borussia Dortmund are keeping tabs on him.' So translating to 'eye' makes sense.