IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

My memory must be going if that’s true. I don’t remember us getting less for Reid and Bryan than we could have expected due to their contract length

We got more than we ever could have imagined for Bobby Reid. At the start of the season before LJ was forced into making him a striker, I’d have given him away for free and you’d be hard pushed to find anyone who wouldn’t have. He was a midfielder and a complete liability on the ball. He’d give the ball away in the most ridiculous situations. But he really worked hard over that summer and became the fittest player about and fair play to him, it paid off.

As for Bryan, I think he was £7m. Which was also decent business. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

We got more than we ever could have imagined for Bobby Reid. At the start of the season before LJ was forced into making him a striker, I’d have given him away for free and you’d be hard pushed to find anyone who wouldn’t have. He was a midfielder and a complete liability on the ball. He’d give the ball away in the most ridiculous situations. But he really worked hard over that summer and became the fittest player about and fair play to him, it paid off.

Ahem, cough, cough.  I always thought he retained value, £250-500k due to age (he was a late developer physically) and his technical ability.  He’d started the season before pretty well, 4 in 10 from memory.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Are you ever right Fordy?

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Got the Times in front of me, Saturday's one.

Are you sure? Didn't see anything but not read every word of the sports section in minute detail.

Last inside page of the sports section at the bottom, picture as well

Edited by REDOXO

I was watching him yesterday and wondering why he seems to have lost confidence in his left foot. He looked a lot less balanced and one footed than before. There was a chance when the ball came back out to him on the edge of the box, and it was blocked because he took his time running around it to hit it with his right foot when the left was more natural. I wonder why?

18 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No idea why Newcastle aren’t in for him. Would get in their side now in my opinion.  Would have thought young British talent with a high ceiling would be perfect for them 

How would he get into that side?

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No idea why Newcastle aren’t in for him. Would get in their side now in my opinion.  Would have thought young British talent with a high ceiling would be perfect for them 

Think Brighton would be ideal, have money to burn after some brilliant sales, are in with a shout for Europe & it’s the right part of the country for his family.

Don’t think he’s going anywhere this month but if I was them I’d move in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think Brighton would be ideal, have money to burn after some brilliant sales, are in with a shout for Europe & it’s the right part of the country for his family.

Don’t think he’s going anywhere this month but if I was them I’d move in the summer.

Agree that would be a good fit as well. He seems to know his choice is crucial so hopefully he goes somewhere and plays 

25 minutes ago, Super said:

Behave. He's been superb this season.

Fair enough. I’ve watched them about 6 times and he’s generally been underwhelming when I’ve seen him 

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Agree that would be a good fit as well. He seems to know his choice is crucial so hopefully he goes somewhere and plays 

Fair enough. I’ve watched them about 6 times and he’s generally been underwhelming when I’ve seen him 

Look at how many goals they concede. Not just down to the defence.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I just think I believe Scott is better than most seem to. If you put Scott in that Newcastle team now he might need a bit of time to acclimatise but by September he’d be holding his own pretty comfortably.  

Oh I rate him for sure but for me he isn't quite that level yet imo.

Edited by Super
  • Like 6

Scott does seem settled enough here. His interviews seems to indicate he happy to see season out . He gets more development and he gets better deal for him self and club get better deal when sold in summer. But I would worry about his agent dangling possible bigger wage packet in premier league with those sniffing around with possible offers during Jan. Agents seek profit and hope Scott not open to having his head turned by greedy agent .

10 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Scott does seem settled enough here. His interviews seems to indicate he happy to see season out . He gets more development and he gets better deal for him self and club get better deal when sold in summer. But I would worry about his agent dangling possible bigger wage packet in premier league with those sniffing around with possible offers during Jan. Agents seek profit and hope Scott not open to having his head turned by greedy agent .

I would imagine Scott wont want to chance joining a team who may get relegated, or be in a situation where game time is not assured. Therefore City and him have probably agreed that if he stays until the end of the season and the right offer comes in the summer, they wont stand in his way.

I don't know who how I sit on Scott. One part of me wants him to join a Brighton, Leicester, Wolves etc and see him go with a sell on so when they sell to a big club we will further profit.

However another part of me wants us to maybe sell to Arsenal, Tottenham or a big club in the summer, who might consider loaning him back to us next season, and we could agree bonuses based on number of games for a big club, international appearances or success for the club.

I actually think the second option would benefit us more in the long term. 

• Hmmm 2