IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

47 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I would imagine Scott wont want to chance joining a team who may get relegated, or be in a situation where game time is not assured. Therefore City and him have probably agreed that if he stays until the end of the season and the right offer comes in the summer, they wont stand in his way.

I don't know who how I sit on Scott. One part of me wants him to join a Brighton, Leicester, Wolves etc and see him go with a sell on so when they sell to a big club we will further profit.

However another part of me wants us to maybe sell to Arsenal, Tottenham or a big club in the summer, who might consider loaning him back to us next season, and we could agree bonuses based on number of games for a big club, international appearances or success for the club.

I actually think the second option would benefit us more in the long term. 

Yes good points. I do hope for Scott and the City a deal is done weather now or in the summer where both party's are winners. I want the best for City end of  the day. But I really feel Scott could have a big future in the game. Would hate to see him move to PL club and sit in the reserves. Again my worry is if he has a greedy agent only trying to line his pockets from a deal.

It’s not really anything but Alex Scott hype levels have gone up astronomically after that FA Cup game. I knew others fans were aware of him but it seems after Saturday fans of the top clubs are now admiring him a lot. Spurs fans mostly, practically begging their club on Twitter to sign him, they are very aware he’s a Tottenham fan. Reckon he might just get his dream move, wonder what the likelihood of us getting him back for a season long loan would be if he were to go to one of the big 6… 

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

It’s not really anything but Alex Scott hype levels have gone up astronomically after that FA Cup game. I knew others fans were aware of him but it seems after Saturday fans of the top clubs are now admiring him a lot. Spurs fans mostly, practically begging their club on Twitter to sign him, they are very aware he’s a Tottenham fan. Reckon he might just get his dream move, wonder what the likelihood of us getting him back for a season long loan would be if he were to go to one of the big 6… 

Search on twitter "Alex Scott Bristol city" the amount of people begging their clubs ... One Leeds fan thinks he's worth 12mil ?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

I personally can’t see him making the jump to big 6 straight away, previously said in an interview that he doesn’t want to go somewhere where he doesn’t get games or is in the U23. Loan back seems fair but don’t see him coming in next season, I do however see a Brighton, Leicester or Wolves?

Just now, Slack said:

Search on twitter "Alex Scott Bristol city" the amount of people begging their clubs ... One Leeds fan thinks he's worth 12mil ?

Yeah did see a spurs fan say 10m… they really don’t have a clue. He’ll be our highest ever transfer fee received I’m sure of it. Has to be 20-25 million minimum upfront. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Negan said:

It’s just social media users, in reality it means absolutely nothing.

Social media is useful to find out stuff like a French journalist (who will know) that a club over there is after Han Noah, but no Prem club signs a player because some fan on social media raves about him after a game, they’ll be watching him anyway.

On that topic I actually saw a Cheltenham fan yesterday saying he wondered if Massengo was joining them on loan because Wade Elliott said they were signing a midfielder.

I mean he turned down Anderlecht FFS, he’s obviously desperate to go on loan in League One.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There seems to be a growing assumption on here that we will lose Scott in the summer. While that is a possibility I don't see it as a given. His contract situation is such that we don't have to sell and he seems to be a level headed young man. I don't think he's the type to be easily swayed by agent talk and playing regularly would appear more important to him than pound notes. 

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Social media is useful to find out stuff like a French journalist (who will know) that a club over there is after Han Noah, but no Prem club signs a player because some fan on social media raves about him after a game, they’ll be watching him anyway.

On that topic I actually saw a Cheltenham fan yesterday saying he wondered if Massengo was joining them on loan because Wade Elliott said they were signing a midfielder.

I mean he turned down Anderlecht FFS, he’s obviously desperate to go on loan in League One.

I don't know... Enough noise and want from a fan base will draw the attention of some owners of clubs. If they then see that montage from Saturday... Well they may be tempted who knows ??‍♂️

Anyway we need to keep him off everyones radar for as long as possible ?

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

There seems to be a growing assumption on here that we will lose Scott in the summer. While that is a possibility I don't see it as a given. His contract situation is such that we don't have to sell and he seems to be a level headed young man. I don't think he's the type to be easily swayed by agent talk and playing regularly would appear more important to him than pound notes. 

Indeed - and he gets a lift home to Guernsey on a private jet with Uncle Steve whenever he wants ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I think it's more we know every player has a price .. he's too good not to have prem clubs circling.. but his mentality saying he'd rather be here than on a bench somewhere is a rare but brilliant quality!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

He is 19 - probably on about what, 2 grand a week? Something like that. That will become 40 /50 grand a week when he moves to the PL. Its naïve to think he won't take that money, and i doubt the club would stand in his way.

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

He is 19 - probably on about what, 2 grand a week? Something like that. That will become 40 /50 grand a week when he moves to the PL. Its naïve to think he won't take that money, and i doubt the club would stand in his way.

I have no idea as to his salary but I would guess it is substantially more then £2,000 pw.

18 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The obvious solution is to join a big club, secure the insane contract at said club, and go out on loan for first team football. 

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wouldn’t say it means absolutely nothing. When it’s a top 6 club their fan bases are ridiculous on social media. Obviously the club won’t go on Twitter and see fans are asking for Alex Scott so they’ll buy him, but they are fully aware of the noise around it surrounding certain players. You just have to look at the Mudryk deal recently and how big of a deal chelsea and Shakhtar made of it online. They knew full well how big it was with their fans. If spurs see they have hundreds/thousands of fans begging for Scott, it’ll definitely have some influence. Not huge, but some. 

Edited by Negan

47 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I don't think it's naive. I truly believe that if and when he departs it'll be for football reasons, perhaps advancing his international prospects, rather than the pound note. Refreshingly, not everyone is motivated by money. I know I wasn't which is why I spent my working life in the public and not the private sector. 

31 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Closer to the £10k I would think, I heard from someone who knows someone that Max is on that plus a £1k clean sheet bonus

A couple of years back the youngsters were on £8K per week. I don't know today's numbers, but doubt it would have changed much in that time.

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I’m not having O’Leary is on 10k a week. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Max is not on 10k a week. 

Not even half of that. 

The only person it matters to is Max and if he's happy the numbers are irrelevant to us, why its always 10K I don't know 10K was a lot of money in football 20 years ago, now its the low end.  The current championship average is ~£35k that is skewed towards forwards and midfielders, sadly for goalkeepers 11K is about the norm for a keeper, I would imagine Max is set for a new deal now he's essentially #1 and he will go from being on fairly low salary for a junior keeper to closer to that 10K I doubt he will make 10K though as that's the top end for a championship keeper.

3 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

The only person it matters to is Max and if he's happy the numbers are irrelevant to us, why its always 10K I don't know 10K was a lot of money in football 20 years ago, now its the low end.  The current championship average is ~£35k that is skewed towards forwards and midfielders, sadly for goalkeepers 11K is about the norm for a keeper, I would imagine Max is set for a new deal now he's essentially #1 and he will go from being on fairly low salary for a junior keeper to closer to that 10K I doubt he will make 10K though as that's the top end for a championship keeper.

No. No it is not. Not even half that. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I actually think it very plausible he will sign a new contract with us in he coming months, potentially even for another four or five years. 

It would enable him to start getting paid what he is worth to the team in the here and now and I reckon we've built enough trust with our players that we will let them leave for the right opportunity at the price. He's definitely not going to be actually with us for longer than another 18 months (and I'd guess he'll go in the summer) but the fact he isn't likely to wait until 2025 to leave on a free means he has no real incentive to refuse to sign a contract if it comes with a pay increase.