IGNORED

Assuming he goes

James54De

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder if the comment from Guardiola will lead to a a bid from Man City?

They have the time and money to nurse him in the same way they have with Foden.

I said previously but the other night he wouldn’t have looked out of place in that Man City team. He suits their style of play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The ones I spoke to after the game laughed at the suggestion. They are after an even higher calibre of player. 

I am sure you are right. They are only interested in current ready made international class players not "ones for the future". They have their own young protege Palmer who can't get minutes as it is.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure you are right. They are only interested in current ready made international class players not "ones for the future". They have their own young protege Palmer who can't get minutes as it is.

Yeah and they would probably be in the market for bellingham if he was to become available, or maybe rice. For a top team though i cant see why any of them wouldnt take a punt at 25 million, if he continued and got an england call up its basically paid for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

30-35 million , you’re ‘avin a laugh . He’s worth at least 50 million. You have to barter.

George Clooney Negotiating GIF

Thing is Major. If he goes on to do well in the PL, which no doubt he will. As an English youngster around age of 23. He will be worth around 80-90mil valuation at that point. Get a nice 20% sell on fee in. 

£25m seems realistic, how that ties into a potential loan back hmm.

I would have thought in the case of Wolves he would be more first team ready rather than ond final year here before getting going in 2024-25. That's how they would probably see it but I do wonder if one more season here wouldn't serve him best!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

27 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I agree and why would the club want to? We haven't loaned anyone in for a while now as we don't want to develop other clubs players and I don't see why that would be different here

I think the difference here would be that whilst he technically would no longer be our player, he is integral to how we play and set up, and is a key player for us already. We would technically still be developing our player, as it could further enhance his profile, and increasing interest in him without him getting criticised for making minor mistakes at the very top level.

If we were able to get the cash to help build a side around him, whilst still being able to call him "one of our own" for an extra year, it's a no brainer. Would you have said no to "developing" a young Messi, Ronaldo, even Grealish (annoying player but clear how good he was from a young age)? I'm not suggesting that he is going to be as big a name as those mentioned, but the principal is, if you have the chance to build a team around one of these types of players you would take it.

The reality is however, that unless 1 of the top 5/6 in the Prem buy him, there won't be any chance of a loan back, as most clubs buying for the money that we would be selling for, would want him in and around their own first team. 

A move that far up the food chain is possibly a step too far at this stage in his career, and actually could hinder his progress. I say could as there is every chance he could push his way through, but also equally every chance he could get "lost" in the cluster of players at a club like Chelsea, Man City/United etc. With this in mind, a move lower down the Prem would be best for him, thus less likely of a loanback to us.

Our best option of seeing him line up for us next season, is either at the start before the window closes and before he leaves, or if he decides to stay for an extra year to aide his own development. The latter option all depends on how we finish this season though, and I have to be honest is probably the least likely option of everything.

Just enjoy him whilst he's still here. He really is the best prospect that has come through the academy, at least in my time, and possibly the one who is most likely to go on and play at the highest level for big money.

• Like 2