IGNORED

England U21

Silvio Dante

9 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

He’s certainly performing better than I’d say atleast 4 of those midfielders but he’d get more game time with the U20 which would only improve his progression. Also that U20 squad is largely the same that won the U19 Euros so does make sense

Disagree, think it’s very strong. Lewis, Gibbs-White and Colwill all had shouts of being called up to the seniors with Smith-Rowe called up in the past. Balogun only two goals off Mbappe in the Ligue 1 scoring charts (4 more than Messi), midfield is very strong even without Scott and plenty of prem experience aswell as players in form

@Charlie BCFC not quite sure you understood my point

The players you have mentioned would all be in the starting 11. My comments were for the players outside of that obvious 11, none of which would fall into the "plenty of Prem experience" category.

Very few of them in fact getting any minutes at all in the Prem. Hence why Scott should be viewed as being worthy of a call up to the 26 in my opinion.

On 17/03/2023 at 14:21, phantom said:

I'm not sure he is ready for the U21s just yet, the U20s is more where his level is

If he wasn't a City player I am sure many would view him in less rose tinted specs

If he wants to move up the levels sadly I don't think he will be doing that whilst playing for us

You must've watched a great deal of Angel Gomes, James Garner, Tommy Doyle and James McAtee to be able to say that with confidence. 

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

@Charlie BCFC not quite sure you understood my point

The players you have mentioned would all be in the starting 11. My comments were for the players outside of that obvious 11, none of which would fall into the "plenty of Prem experience" category.

Very few of them in fact getting any minutes at all in the Prem. Hence why Scott should be viewed as being worthy of a call up to the 26 in my opinion.

Oh don’t get me wrong he would be a very worthy call up but I’m similarly not bothered because he wouldn’t get in the best 11. If you look at the squad Jones and Palmer I believe both have premier league winners medals, not sure if McAtee got enough appearances last season for one aswell? Likes of Aarons, Johnson, Colwill, Thomas, Ramsey, Jones, Skipp, Elliott, Smith-Rowe and Palmer have all had a lot of prem appearances and a few more of those have made plenty of appearances abroad.

I think it’s a good squad, although the France squad I saw is certainly a bit better!

Edited by Charlie BCFC