IGNORED

does MOTD only get viewing figures of 2,080,000 million?

I rarely watch it. Would rather go out and carouse on Saturday nights and watching a programme like that on iPlayer, the day after you know all the results, seems  pointless.

TBH although I enjoy watching live football, I'm not all that struck on watching the game televised.

23 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I think it’s been left behind by modern digital platforms really.  The goals of all games are available online by 6pm - it’s a shame, I do miss the days where it was the first place to show the days goals. 

That doesn’t worry me at all. If it’s the EPL I’m not going to rush to watch the goals - quite happy to watch at 10.30. And I’d much rather just see the highlights; couldn’t be bothered to watch a whole match on Sky.

1 hour ago, Bourne End Red said:

A lot of people with kids are probably put off by how late it’s on.

That’s the reason I never watch it.

Can I be the first to tell you they have invented a process where you can record it and watch it at a time of your choosing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I was once a regular viewer. Now I just watch the EFL Highlights. I'll watch all the Championship games and turn over (unless The Gas have had an embarrassing result)

Ditto.  Religiously watch the EFL highlights, sometimes a day or two behind if I’m busy.  Try to watch as many EFL Live games too.

Rarely watch MOTD.

I never watch it live as I can’t stand the chat interspersed between the action. All the pundits sound rather pompous to me and are trying to sound too clever. I record it and watch some of the matches later, fast forwarding through the inane banter

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I think it’s been left behind by modern digital platforms really.  The goals of all games are available online by 6pm - it’s a shame, I do miss the days where it was the first place to show the days goals. 

Plus anyone really into football will have whoever now provides all the live games, Sky for one, and they show highlights.

Thinking back I used to watch it before it was put to a later time slot and after it was I rarely did; nothing against the programme but it was later than I wanted to watch it.

I used to sometimes catch a repeat on Sunday morning at about half eight IIRC.

These days I don't have a TV so the question is moot.

I still try and avoid the scores and watch it without knowing. Usually fairly easy on days like to day where I’ve paid little attention to any football.

Often don’t watch it live though, usually catch it before the end when I go to bed and iPlayer let’s you return to the start, or watch it Sunday morning before football

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It's a bit like back in the day, if you were on holiday in Spain or something, you had to wait 2 days for the English newspapers to come out to find out the scores!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Super said:

Always been 10 30 hasn't it? 
Much better than ITV when they had it on at 6pm when most hadn't got home from a game.

If you look at some of these it used to be on at 9.30pm in 1989 for one.

https://trakt.tv/shows/match-of-the-day/seasons/all

ITV used to show it at 7pm.

ITV begins its coverage of the Premier League when it launches its highlights programme The Premiership. The programme is shown in a primetime slot, airing at 7pm as opposed to the 10.30pm slot previously used by the BBC.[28] However ITV loses the rights to the rights to the FA Cup and the England football team return to the BBC with the Corporation showing live coverage of the national team for the first time in a decade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_football_on_UK_television