IGNORED

Rotherham groundsman…

1 minute ago, Porto Red said:

Shows some half arsed work experience kid mostly pushing some water off the pitch and then disinterestedly pushing some of the same water back on to the pitch before proceeding to revert to stage 1. No conspiracy theory, just pure human incompetency 

That’s how I saw it too.  

• Like 1

Whether intentional or not it doesn’t look good does it.

as it’s Cardiff it’s hilarious but if it were us in their shoes some of ours would be going spare I reckon.

not sure it made much difference either way in the end though as the pitch looked beyond help.

Disgraceful behaviour and totally unprofessional- anyone on OTIB who even for one second thinks that the Rotherham groundsmen were doing anything other than a brilliant job are a disgrace.

It's Cardiff FFS. 

I'd be buying bottled water by the gallon and spraying it on the pitch unless the score was in Rotherham's favour.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In Spain when it is re-arranged they restart any abandoned match at the same score & just play the time that’s remaining.

Anyone who paid for the first game also gets in for free.

Always thought that was the fairest solution & even though I’d always want Cardiff to lose, that makes a lot of sense to me.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In Spain when it is re-arranged they restart any abandoned match at the same score & just play the time that’s remaining.

Always thought that was the fairest solution & even though I’d always want Cardiff to lose, that makes a lot of sense to me.

Who pays for the Cardiff fan’s journey back up there 

• Hmmm 1

It's a little bit like that geezer trying to stick his thumb in the Dyke , stop laughing at the back,
There was nowhere for the water to go and sweeping it off was pointless and judging by the body language says that.
It looks really bad, but made absolutely no difference. There were no drains at the side of the pitch you could push the water.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Cardiff had put a complaint in but I don't think it will go anywhere.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That's a great way of doing it, even if you started from scratch timewise, to start with the same score make a lot of sense.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who pays for the Cardiff fan’s journey back up there 

I went to Luton 3 times one year, only one went ahead. No one recompensed me for travel and beer money for the 2 called off, so **** 'em. :disapointed2se:

• Robin 1

31 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I remember our game at home to Notts County about 20 years ago was abandoned just after half time. 1-0 down at the time. 

We then won the replayed fixture 

Can only hope for more of the same 

Paul Heffernan if my memory serves scored the goal in the called off game. Thought he would really take off with us, sadly not to be.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Shows some half arsed work experience kid mostly pushing some water off the pitch and then disinterestedly pushing some of the same water back on to the pitch before proceeding to revert to stage 1. No conspiracy theory, just pure human incompetency 

This is what I thought, just incompetency / lack of attention.

Theres no way they were making that playable anyway

9 hours ago, David Brent said:

I remember our game at home to Notts County about 20 years ago was abandoned just after half time. 1-0 down at the time. 

We then won the replayed fixture 

Can only hope for more of the same 

Difference is that was torrential rain where the game should probably never have been started in the first place- the ball just wasn't moving. I was sat half way up the Atyeo and was absolutely drenched right through, everyone around me was amazed the game started, let alone got to half time!

We didn't have the sprinklers on at half time and have people bringing the water back onto the pitch after "clearing" it.

Must have really annoyed County fans though to be fair, didn't we win the rearranged game 2/3-0?

15 minutes ago, Taz said:

Difference is that was torrential rain where the game should probably never have been started in the first place- the ball just wasn't moving. I was sat half way up the Atyeo and was absolutely drenched right through, everyone around me was amazed the game started, let alone got to half time!

We didn't have the sprinklers on at half time and have people bringing the water back onto the pitch after "clearing" it.

Must have really annoyed County fans though to be fair, didn't we win the rearranged game 2/3-0?

Absolutely. I was just saying I hope the home team win the rearranged game..just as we did (3-2).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Few more videos/photos being posted this morning showing this was absolutely deliberate, not incompetency.

The one with the groundsman giving the Cardiff fans the finger is particularly amusing.