IGNORED

Mick Harford - Under The Cosh

Ronnie Sinclair

If I remember correctly and this is a bit of trivia he is the only player to be on the books of three clubs in a day. A city player who the went back to Newcastle because we didn't pay for him who then sold him to Birmingham City. I am sure I read an article on this or it might be my mind playing tricks on me?

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t it because we couldn’t afford the stage payment to Newcastle?

Thought it was effectively that the old company was bankrupt so the only 2 saleable assets that were left (Jan Moller was the other, who joined Toronto) were sold to clear some of the debts.

Think the Harford money that Birmingham paid was what we still owed Newcastle & presumably Malmo were owed money for Moller, too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Thought it was effectively that the old company was bankrupt so the only 2 saleable assets that were left (Jan Moller was the other, who joined Toronto) were sold to clear some of the debts.

Think the Harford money that Birmingham paid was what we still owed Newcastle & presumably Malmo were owed money for Moller, too.

Loved Möller, he followed Bob Houghton to Toronto if I remember correctly. I remember looking up his career, a couple of years ago and noticed that he joined that small club of goalkeepers who have scored goals when he returned to Malmö later in the 80s.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Loved Möller, he followed Bob Houghton to Toronto if I remember correctly. I remember looking up his career, a couple of years ago and noticed that he joined that small club of goalkeepers who have scored goals when he returned to Malmö later in the 80s.

He did, Houghton signed him for us & then Toronto.

Probably the best keeper I have seen play for us in my 50 years.

Basso was inspirational, Cashley had a brilliant season when we got to the top flight (I’m just old enough to remember) but despite the side in front of him being really very poor, he kept us in games.

You don’t get to play in a European Cup final unless you’re pretty decent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He did, Houghton signed him for us & then Toronto.

Probably the best keeper I have seen play for us in my 50 years.

Basso was inspirational, Cashley had a brilliant season when we got to the top flight (I’m just old enough to remember) but despite the side in front of him being really very poor, he kept us in games.

You don’t get to play in a European Cup final unless you’re pretty decent.

Moller my no1 City keeper too.  Imposing physically too.