IGNORED

Americans First Trip - Tickets

ChicagoBristolFan

5 hours ago, hertsexile said:

I sit in W15 in the Lansdown stand we have a good view. The atmosphere is also good ?? 
I recently took an American ?? to watch the Norwich game he described the experience as awesome. 
Hopefully your visit to Ashtongate is as awesome. 

Atmosphere in the Lansdown is good? There isn’t one ?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ChicagoBristolFan said:

Hello!

The Wife and I (American Bristol City fans) will be attending our first match vs Rotherham!

We are looking at W15 in Landsdown, or E31 in Dolman. Would the experience be much different between the two? Or are there any other recommendations? 

Appreciate any help that can be provided!

How tall are you both?  The leg room isn't up to much in the Dolman!

9 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Don't sit in the Dolman if you have long legs. You will have numb knees by half time where they are squashed up against the seat in front.

I worked with a women a few years back who had a false leg, and she used to book extra leg room seats on a plane, sounds fair enough, but she was only 5ft tall! ?

6 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Atmosphere in the Lansdown is good? There isn’t one ?

I find when sitting in the Lansdown the atmosphere is good as you can really take in the rest of the grounds atmosphere from that vantage point, even if there isn't any atmosphere actually created from the Lansdown itself if that makes sense

9 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Generally sit W16 in Lansdown when I get to go . Good view but Dolman be more proper fans I would say . I had season tickets in the Dolman. Great view   but what ever the weather is on the day. It blows right in your face 

Enjoy the game 

He’s from Chicago , “The Windy City”, so he won’t notice 

• Like 1

Go in the Lansdown stand. More legroom, more modernised and just a more comfortable experience. You can walk around the whole concourse pre-game so can see what the whole stadium is about that way.

More interested in how you became fans though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I’d say Lansdown because that side of the stadium is newer.

(no offence to anyone in the Dolman, don’t all jump on my head! ;) )

No way. Dolman better. I'm in E30 some 6 rows from the front. Superb view and close to the players especially with throw ins. Also we look at the Lansdown which is a brilliant view. Also like getting soaked when it rains hard. ?☔.

Just renewed our 4 season tickets so all set up for our promotion season. ???

I went to a club baseball game (Yankees) when in NY once, we got caught out by the US national anthem being sung before the game. We were unsure what to do, hot dog in one hand, beer in the other. In the end we just stood respectfully until it finished. Just to say don't worry about our national anthem, that is only sung at international matches.

Might want to brush up on The Worzels lyrics though.

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I went to a club baseball game (Yankees) when in NY once, we got caught out by the US national anthem being sung before the game. We were unsure what to do, hot dog in one hand, beer in the other. In the end we just stood respectfully until it finished. Just to say don't worry about our national anthem, that is only sung at international matches.

Might want to brush up on The Worzels lyrics though.

Drink Up Thy Zider is the national anthem.  The national anthem of Somerset. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChicagoBristolFan said:

Hello!

The Wife and I (American Bristol City fans) will be attending our first match vs Rotherham!

We are looking at W15 in Landsdown, or E31 in Dolman. Would the experience be much different between the two? Or are there any other recommendations? 

Welcome to Bristol City, I would definitely say the Dolman as I think the view is better but probably not a huge difference.

I'm a fan of the Bears and Cubs so great to see Chicagoans making the trip over the pond. Bristol is a great City so I'm sure you'll have a great despite the football :)

Ashton Gate once had the claim to fame of hosting an American Football game but a lot of the stadium has changed sine then...

If you need any other holiday tips drop me a message

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ChicagoBristolFan said:

Hello!

We sit in W15, a great view

On 23/03/2023 at 11:47, ChicagoBristolFan said:

Hello!

Christ on a bike. I don’t know how I missed this. (Perhaps it was posted in my weeks enforced sabbatical) 

15 years in Naperville and I was on my own. Now Lake Geneva (if you are from Chicago you know) 

There are a tonne of us across America who come over a lot and post here and one regular in Milwaukee!

Have fun at the game today! COYRs!

PM me when you get a chance. 

Edited by REDOXO