IGNORED

Nahki in Bermuda

CiderJar

Went down a bit of a rabbit hole there looking at the Bermuda National Team. 

Kyle Lightbourne is there manager which is a blast from the past. Was pretty decent for Walsall if I remember correctly. 

Wells is the third all time top scorer for them with 17. Goater is number one with 20. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Went down a bit of a rabbit hole there looking at the Bermuda National Team. 

Kyle Lightbourne is there manager which is a blast from the past. Was pretty decent for Walsall if I remember correctly. 

Wells is the third all time top scorer for them with 17. Goater is number one with 20. 

Both Goater & Wells have missed a lot of internationals when they fell during our season & both have played in sides where none of their team mates are remotely of their standard.

One of Bermuda’s squad plays in the Greek second division, another is in Finland, but many are in England at clubs of about Bath City standard.

When they played Montserrat a while ago I watched the highlights, they lost 3-2 Nakhi scored both, Lyle Taylor got 2 for Montserrat, they both looked what they are, from a totally different level to everyone else who was on the pitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Both Goater & Wells have missed a lot of internationals when they fell during our season & both have played in sides where none of their team mates are remotely of their standard.

One of Bermuda’s squad plays in the Greek second division, another is in Finland, but many are in England at clubs of about Bath City standard.

When they played Montserrat a while ago I watched the highlights, they lost 3-2 Nakhi scored both, Lyle Taylor got 2 for Montserrat, they both looked what they are, from a totally different level to everyone else who was on the pitch.

Yeah no doubt. Think Wells has 17 in 24 goals which is great. 

Probably a bit like when we got a ringer in 5 a side that used to play for Rovers Youth. We were shit, but he was utter class and he'd just bang them in for fun all game. Made me appreciate how good you have to be to even get a look in at that level. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Lived and worked in Bermuda.

They still love The Goat, suspect Wells will never buy a beer there again either.

Absolute shit-hole though - ii's not called the 'worlds biggest prison' for nothing. Dump of a place - all the nice bits have been bought by the rich - no access for locals.

Some thirty years ago, I worked there for a month or so.

OK, I was on a fully expensed trip, but I absolutely loved the place.

As you say, though, it is undoubtedly a place that is nicer for the ‘rich’.