IGNORED

Kane Wilson run of games ?

DT The Optimist

With the Sykes suspension are we perhaps going to see him get some game time…a proper run of games.

With this  knee injury that NP states he will have to ‘manage’ and another couple weeks with the break, will we finally get a proper look at him…or will it be next season.  Bit forgotten man really, with such expectations when signed from FGR.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I hope we try some stuff over these coming games - use the remainder of this season as an extension of pre-season before a big promotion push next season. 

I'm sure that Nigel will be using the last eight games firstly to get as many points as possible. Yet as preparation for next season.

Personally I would start him in Sykes position, then swap him for Weimann later. That way any niggle he can come off without risking him breaking down as a sub. 
I do think Pearson will give him games, but I also think he will probably play RB with Weimann coming in for Sykes, as long as things go well during the break. 
I imagine he will get an hour Saturday and maybe drop to the bench for Stoke . Looked quick last game, be good to get a proper look against Reading.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockwood gate said:

I know this may sound bizarre I work with Kanes dad , seen him today he said he knee issue was a tidy up of the cartilage and that he fit  and ready to play ,  also said a few of the players are in Dubai for a few days 

That’s interesting when NP stated in Bristol Live (or quoted) that KW will have to ‘manage’ his knee . Great news if this is correct. I would certainly like to see him play now ‘fit’ 

10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Personally I would start him in Sykes position, then swap him for Weimann later. That way any niggle he can come off without risking him breaking down as a sub. 
I do think Pearson will give him games, but I also think he will probably play RB with Weimann coming in for Sykes, as long as things go well during the break. 
I imagine he will get an hour Saturday and maybe drop to the bench for Stoke . Looked quick last game, be good to get a proper look against Reading.

Think Cornick will now get a run of games in place of Sykes.

11 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Tanner has been below par for a little while (illness and arguably a dip in form).

I'd like to see him get a few games, we know exactly what we have with Tanner, a ballsy, competitive right back. Wilson could add another dimension going forward that we've lost since being forced to play Pring CB, neither Dasilva or Tanner are your typical attacking fullbacks. 

Tanner below par? How do you work that out?

What evidence, please tell us what he isn't doing?

• Like 2

Big fan of young Tanner. Those crunching tackles and fearless 50 50s. Sometimes have to look away when you see one coming. Perhaps Pearson tells him to be more defensive so that Pring can bomb forward. We dont know. But having a fully fit Wilson and Tanner with the idea of playing and resting them has to be good. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He's been hooked at half time 3 times in the last month... 

He was ill, although if that explains the drop in standards and intensity for the entirety of the recent run then he's had the longest cold in human history!

He's been quite passive defensively recently, which is frustrating as his main defensive strength is his aggression and intensity.

He's been reluctant to go forwards having made significant strides to improve that side of his game.

He's a very good player who is, quite clearly for a number of reasons, not at the top of his game currently. He's played a lot of football this season and has earned his contract extension and pay rise. 

Do you think his standard of performance have been at his peak recently? 

You really are sad. He was taken off to allow a tactical change to three at the back. I doubt very much that Pearson would agree with any of your comments.

Stop and think before you write crap!

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

He's been hooked at half time 3 times in the last month... 

He was ill, although if that explains the drop in standards and intensity for the entirety of the recent run then he's had the longest cold in human history!

He's been quite passive defensively recently, which is frustrating as his main defensive strength is his aggression and intensity.

He's been reluctant to go forwards having made significant strides to improve that side of his game.

He's a very good player who is, quite clearly for a number of reasons, not at the top of his game currently. He's played a lot of football this season and has earned his contract extension and pay rise. 

Do you think his standard of performance have been at his peak recently? 

He's looked good to me. Defends very well considering his age and experience, I'm quite happy for him to be our first choice right back now, Wilson has some work to do to reclaim it.

If Tanner can add some real attacking flair to his game he'll be a quality player.

41 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Big fan of young Tanner. Those crunching tackles and fearless 50 50s. Sometimes have to look away when you see one coming. Perhaps Pearson tells him to be more defensive so that Pring can bomb forward. We dont know. But having a fully fit Wilson and Tanner with the idea of playing and resting them has to be good. 

You'd expect so, especially with just the two centre backs who'll need the support during counter attacks.