IGNORED

Bobby Reid

OliOTIB

Always rated Bobby Reid when quite a few were willing to pay the taxi fair out of Bristol. He has a hunger and further credit where credit's due to LJ's masterstroke in playing him as a forward.

Once he got to 20 goals in that season he was made. Poor decision to go to Cardiff but really pleased for him now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Any idea why he added his middle name all the time when he left us? 

Decordova is his mother's name. I don't know if things were a bit strained between him and his Dad or he just wanted to aknowledge his mother, not sure if she raised him alone?  I guess the move was a perfect  'fresh start' time to do so. I remember reading something about this at the time. I'm not 100% sure but it's alone those lines.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Decordova is his mother's name. I don't know if things were a bit strained between him and his Dad or he just wanted to aknowledge his mother, not sure if she raised him alone?  I guess the move was a perfect  'fresh start' time to do so. I remember reading something about this at the time. I'm not 100% sure but it's alone those lines.

Hasn't his sister, the politician always used it? I wonder if he has always had it but felt it wasn't a footballer's name? Nowadays it seems everyone has one though, some (Like Cam Pring) still don't use their full name for some reason.

6 hours ago, RedM said:

It's exactly that, his Mum raised him by herself and he has no contact with his Dad (or at least didn't at the time).

• Like 1