IGNORED

Bobby Reid

OliOTIB

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Shame he had to tap his head like a tit as soon as he arrived at Cardiff, otherwise I'd find myself giving more of a shit about his career.

In the real world... he doesn't tap his head and he has a difficult start to his premier league career.

ps it made me feel sick too

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Creditable away draw that for Jamaica, slowly coming up in the world.

They had a bit of a recruitment drive in the UK a couple of years ago which has improved their squad no end - in addition to Bobby they got Andre Gray, Jamal Lowe, Michail Antonio, Ethan Pinnock and Ravel Morrison among others.

Kasey Palmer got a call-up a couple of years ago although he only has one cap to his name so far.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Maybe the most successful academy players we’ve produced?

At the time of writing, it's hard to think of a more successful one.

I think he deserves huge credit. I remember seeing him in the FA Cup replay against Premier League side West Brom in 2016 - just shy of his 23rd birthday - and thinking he looked like a child playing an adult's game. He was so far off the pace it was difficult to believe he'd ever make a proper impact in the Championship, let alone at the top level.

It all happened relatively late for him but he's done amazingly.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

14 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

At the time of writing, it's hard to think of a more successful one.

I think he deserves huge credit. I remember seeing him in the FA Cup replay against Premier League side West Brom in 2016 - just shy of his 23rd birthday - and thinking he looked like a child playing an adult's game. He was so far off the pace it was difficult to believe he'd ever make a proper impact in the Championship, let alone at the top level.

It all happened relatively late for him but he's done amazingly.

Absolutely agree

46 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

They had a bit of a recruitment drive in the UK a couple of years ago which has improved their squad no end - in addition to Bobby they got Andre Gray, Jamal Lowe, Michail Antonio, Ethan Pinnock and Ravel Morrison among others.

Kasey Palmer got a call-up a couple of years ago although he only has one cap to his name so far.

Not strictly 100% true about 'improving their squad no end'. It's worth watching the show 'Captains' on Netflix about various country's vying to qualify for the last World Cup. The British based players actually caused lot of friction amongst the home-based Jamaican team (don't think our Bob was one of the messers though!) which ultimately led to a poor qualifying campaign. 

Hopefully with more time, the British based players will become more embedded and part of the team and culture of their side as they seek to qualify for the next big competition(s).

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I once very confidently predicted that Bobby Reid would never make it at Championship level.

I'm an idiot.

Dont feel bad , i predicted the GJ league one promotion team had no hope in the division above, based on 90 mins of non city championship football