IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

7 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Consistently one of the best sites, certainly for match previews and reports. 

Properly funny, too.

As we both know there is plenty of opportunity for gallows humour when you’re crap, but as a regular reader this season it has also mixed being fuming about their displays with insight into why & some laugh out loud comments.

Peerless.

• Like 2

Will make timeline around any move interesting, will someone try and get something wrapped up and organised before he goes? A good showing at the tournament would add millions on top of what will already be a big fee, if teams wait then you’re in June and a couple of weeks away from players returning for fitness tests etc if you’d want him incorporated into the group straight away 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, George Rs said:

If he grabs a couple goals & assists it might make things a whole lot more lucrative for us.

....but if he suffers a serious injury.............:(

On 10/05/2023 at 09:43, hinsleburg said:

To be fair, this is one of the most enjoyable reads I've had for a while.

Not just the result and description of our performance but found myself chuckling all the way through.

I'd like the author added to our summer transfer targets!

Great read.. My favourite but has to be 

Alex Scott, a 19-year-old kid so far and above the standard of this match that he didn’t even have to pad up and pull his socks up to play in it. City played into, off, through and around him with mesmeric, comfortable ease in something crunching between second and third gear. A beautiful footballer, so obviously destined for bigger and better things, I could have happily sat and watched him glide around all afternoon and, such was QPR’s pathetically impassive approach to dealing with him and his team mates, that’s essentially what I got to do. And this lot are only fourteenth. I certainly know which of these teams I’d be more excited about going to watch next season. Only one development club involved in this game. Streets ahead.

• Flames 2

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Is this real? I keep seeing this but can't find the thread on TWTD.

I was unfortunately passed it on a WhatsApp group and found it humourous so reposted here - I had the same difficulty tracking it, can only assume it may have been renamed re the thread or deleted by the poster.

• Like 2

A brilliant and massively entertaining read from the Rangers fan. 

I think I mentioned up the thread I sat in the Loft with my mates, a highly entertaining bunch, a couple of whom I’ve known 45 years (in case someone has something to say) The looks I got when I gave it a ‘Cmon You Rs’ were priceless!! ? 

Felt a bit sorry for them as I didn’t think one or two of their players were that bad. However what was obvious pre match and post match is they haven’t got a lot to come through, where as what we have is clear!

One of my mates was telling me they are trying to put together a Cat 2 academy, the tone was clear (cat bloody 2) which of course I let them know that ours is Cat 2 and that is a pretty good standard. 

I was asked in the Crown and Scepter about HNM a few times and one lad knew almost as much about us as I did. When I queried that he said, oh I’m just a sad bastard. :laugh:! 

Rangers really need to find something from somewhere for next season. The difference in our position compared to theirs was summed up by one bloke, who said you’ve got a shit load of kids coming through and we got nuffink. 

One or two here should remember that as even other clubs think we finally have done something right!

• Like 3

On 10/05/2023 at 12:49, GlastonburyRed said:

I do actually have an independent source, which I can’t disclose ? I wouldn’t blame you for disbelieving a stranger on the internet though. 

Personally I don't disbelieve you. I know there are posters on here who are ITK for different reasons and you strike me as someone who has posted on here quite often without a track record of making up rumours so I don't see any reason to assume you're making things up now. I find Wolves surprising in the sense they don't immediately "feel" like the right move. However, that said, they've got Lopetegui there now who has some impressive pedigree and he seems to be ambitious for the club so it could be that Scott and his agent see it as a club where he can quickly get regular football under a manager who can develop him. I suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks.

If Scott does leave, the best case scenario for us is to get the deal done as early as possible so we've plenty of time to plan so - if there are legs in this - I hope that quickly becomes clear. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wolves are very likely to be keen on Scott.  They were desperate to try to snatch him from us when he signed his first pro contract here.

Whether they bid and then get him is a different matter though!

Wasn't it reported that they tried to sign him in January?

From Lopetegui today:

“I need a long meeting with our chairman. We have to be ready to improve and take advantage over the summer. We need to improve, to be able to compete better next year. I am not going to talk about what will happen after the meeting … this year has been a very hard one and can serve as a lesson for all of us”

In other words, "give me lots of money to spend!"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Crossed the road towards Bath Spa Station at about 5pm today and coming the other way was none other than Alex Scott with a chirp by the looks of it. So he hasn't left the area just yet! 

He'd been to the chirp shop

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Crossed the road towards Bath Spa Station at about 5pm today and coming the other way was none other than Alex Scott with a chirp by the looks of it. So he hasn't left the area just yet! 

Hope he wasn’t in the same state as I was getting back on the train at Bath spa Sunday night , had an afternoon with friends ( wives included ) . Was meant to be an afternoon drink with a bit of food , ended up all but the last train back and something that either city getting promoted to the prem or New Year’s Eve , 

love a beer or two in bath ??

19 minutes ago, redkev said:

Hope he wasn’t in the same state as I was getting back on the train at Bath spa Sunday night , had an afternoon with friends ( wives included ) . Was meant to be an afternoon drink with a bit of food , ended up all but the last train back and something that either city getting promoted to the prem or New Year’s Eve , 

love a beer or two in bath ??

Hanging in there myself mate! ?