IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

30 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

Impressive article highlighting how special a player he is. Just think, with 10-12 years ahead of him earning Premiership wages , he might just be able to afford a house on Guernsey ?

I don't know what the average price of a house on Guernsey is but at least he doesn't need x millions in the bank for the right to buy as he has a birthright. 

32 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

Just think, with 10-12 years ahead of him earning Premiership wages , he might just be able to afford a house on Guernsey ?

Joking aside; he's a local. In Guernsey there are two house price lists; one for locals and a higher one for us outsiders.

2 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I notice that Rovers loanee Quansah is starting too...

How do the rules work that then? The Rovers called off their game this weekend because they had three international call ups' but Quansah wouldn't have been able to play anyway, because he was sent off in their last game.

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Latvia looking a really poor side 

Making ROI look like Man City right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How do the rules work that then? The Rovers called off their game this weekend because they had three international call ups' but Quansah wouldn't have been able to play anyway, because he was sent off in their last game.

Making ROI look like Man City right now.

Does that make odowda the haaland equivalent?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Well Ipswich got theirs called off early with a third player in a provisional squad who then didn't make the full squad so should have only been without 2 players and unable to call the game off

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

With the acknowledgment that one persons opinion isn’t necessarily gospel, interesting to see this tweet from a Man City fan at the game last night.

One of the comments has it spot on - if other clubs fans are specifically watching your players then there’s something special there.

It’s quite normal to have a bit of home club bias on your players, but as you say, it’s not just us lot who are singing his praises…and that was happening pre the Man City game too.  He really is a gem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s quite normal to have a bit of home club bias on your players, but as you say, it’s not just us lot who are singing his praises…and that was happening pre the Man City game too.  He really is a gem.

We’ve had yet another poor and disappointing season and would of lost our two best players in Semenyo and Scott come August, the summer transfer window is going to be our biggest in living memory, hopefully NP can pull it off

9 minutes ago, harrys said:

We’ve had yet another poor and disappointing season and would of lost our two best players in Semenyo and Scott come August, the summer transfer window is going to be our biggest in living memory, hopefully NP can pull it off

I think that's overstating it, we have had an inconsistent season, but with the number of youngsters and players inexperienced at this level we have introduced, that is almost a given. I think we have had an excellent season off the pitch and have positioned ourselves well for the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Having just read the Wikipedia of Dele Alli and his childhood, I see why Alex Scott may never be a superstar, but how lucky he is to be a sensible, hard working and respectful person with a real talent for football. His parents, Guernsey FC and City have benefited from this young man's manner and so will he as he goes through his career and life.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, harrys said:

I think we’ve had a pretty good season, the biggest negative for me is the fitness department re amount of injuries, but a lot have been impact (unsure how much can be attributed to bad luck).

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I think that's overstating it, we have had an inconsistent season, but with the number of youngsters and players inexperienced at this level we have introduced, that is almost a given. I think we have had an excellent season off the pitch and have positioned ourselves well for the future.

For me, we’ve proved that with most of our key players available we are competitive in this league, hell, we’ve had an 8 game unbeaten run and a 13 game one this season.  That doesn’t smack of poor or disappointing to me, but that’s me.  But it’s pretty evident when the likes of James or Naismith (or both) are out, we find it harder to get points.  Not just those two, that’s far too simplistic a reason, include Atkinson too, Pring having to play CB, etc, etc.

So the gist of it for me is that we need to improve depth…and that doesn’t mean hoarding players, just a few more true first team options rather than debutants and 34 year old CMs (no dissing of Andy King).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1