IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm still not convinced he's gone this summer. All this talk of £25M+ is just that at the moment, talk. He's under contract to 2025 so I want to see the colour of the money before we enter into any negotiation. 

The other thing is that SL said we’d offered him a new contract too.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm still not convinced he's gone this summer. All this talk of £25M+ is just that at the moment, talk. He's under contract to 2025 so I want to see the colour of the money before we enter into any negotiation. 

Seem to be enough PL sides interested. Even if some of this interest is just agents talk, we could have a bidding war.

His Man City display on national TV will likely have interested a lot of potential purchasers. 

42 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Seem to be enough PL sides interested. Even if some of this interest is just agents talk, we could have a bidding war.

His Man City display on national TV will likely have interested a lot of potential purchasers. 

I don't deny there's interest but will there be tangible bids of the magnitude we want. I'm not so sure. I expect any clubs that bid will try to get him on the cheap with staged payments and add ons and I'm yet to be convinced there'll be a bidding war. If I'm wrong, which is quite conceivable, then the minimum requirement has to be £25M and a 20% sell on clause. 

50 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Thanks for that Captain Obvious…………:cool2:

11 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't deny there's interest but will there be tangible bids of the magnitude we want. I'm not so sure. I expect any clubs that bid will try to get him on the cheap with staged payments and add ons and I'm yet to be convinced there'll be a bidding war. If I'm wrong, which is quite conceivable, then the minimum requirement has to be £25M and a 20% sell on clause. 

If anything like the number of potential interested clubs mentioned is true, then I think £25m+ is possible. That is an 'if' however.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thanks for that Captain Obvious…………:cool2:

Mentioned to add context to the rest of the post. 

10 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I’m never quite convinced that bidding wars happen (that often). We will have a price, if a club hits it then great, if more than one club hits it, then it’s not like an auction…and likely the winning club is decided by who the player wants to go to (all things being equal).

Issues tend to arise when the club the player favours doesn’t meet the asking price.

Speculation: Semenyo with Palace not reaching the desired amount 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If anything like the number of potential interested clubs mentioned is true, then I think £25m+ is possible. That is an 'if' however.

Mentioned to add context to the rest of the post. 

Have the two of you ever been seen in the same place together?? Red-Robbo-Red.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Interesting take, might we all have been rather taken in by all the wonder and speculation, when I saw Mason Mount being touted at a "mere" £70m I did pause to think maybe Alex Scott as an unproven player at the top level will not be going anywhere just yet 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m never quite convinced that bidding wars happen (that often). We will have a price, if a club hits it then great, if more than one club hits it, then it’s not like an auction…and likely the winning club is decided by who the player wants to go to (all things being equal).

Issues tend to arise when the club the player favours doesn’t meet the asking price.

Speculation: Semenyo with Palace not reaching the desired amount 

It all comes down to bids. Which apparently have not occured yet. So is it press, agent stirring it up? I do think it's good SL says there s new contract on the table. AS might fancy another year or two at the gate. And I get the feeling SL wants bidding to start at 25 mill and go in an upward direction from there.

Just my thoughts ?

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

is he really crocked or a bid accepted on condition hes fit to go asap with no risk of injury beforehand? just a thought,

we all know clubs only say what they want you to hear.

Well it happened playing for england and was reported independently, seems unlikely we are embellishing anything?

34 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Being linked with Liverpool this morning. Sounds glamorous but personally feel this would be a bad move. Unlikely to get many minutes if you look at Carvalho this season.

Thing is these European top teams have 3/4 players to cover each position and rotate through all different competitions + he has age on his side and can be FIXED into any side , I personally don’t think any top 6 team would be bad for him and in life you only get one chance 

40 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Being linked with Liverpool this morning. Sounds glamorous but personally feel this would be a bad move. Unlikely to get many minutes if you look at Carvalho this season.

It's a difficult one. I don't believe for a minute he would turn Liverpool down if interested and the chance to work with Klopp but obviously there is how much game time he'll get although he might get more if Liverpool qualify for Europa League or the Europa conference league.

5 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Thing is these European top teams have 3/4 players to cover each position and rotate through all different competitions + he has age on his side and can be FIXED into any side , I personally don’t think any top 6 team would be bad for him and in life you only get one chance 

They have Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot and Stefan Bajetic, all young and probably ahead of Scott at the moment, add their experienced players in there - Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Kieta. And they also played Trent in the middle against Arsenal (Which was his position throughout his life until a RB crisis). That's 8, so probably putting Scott 9th, maybe 8th ahead of Kieta, they don't have European football next season, so no need to rotate as much, and that's before any signings they make - which, by the looks of it, they desperately need.

It could be a good move, look at Foden staying at Man City, training and learning off of Pep and the experienced players, but that's rare, most progress the most playing games, and I don't think he'd get many minutes at Liverpool. Would be hard to turn down Klopp and Liverpool though. All speculation, we shall see this summer, or hopefully not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFCAL said:

They have Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliot and Stefan Bajetic, all young and probably ahead of Scott at the moment, add their experienced players in there - Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Kieta. And they also played Trent in the middle against Arsenal (Which was his position throughout his life until a RB crisis). That's 8, so probably putting Scott 9th, maybe 8th ahead of Kieta, they don't have European football next season, so no need to rotate as much, and that's before any signings they make - which, by the looks of it, they desperately need.

It could be a good move, look at Foden staying at Man City, training and learning off of Pep and the experienced players, but that's rare, most progress the most playing games, and I don't think he'd get many minutes at Liverpool. Would be hard to turn down Klopp and Liverpool though. All speculation, we shall see this summer, or hopefully not.

I think Fabinho, Jones, Keita, The Ox, Milner will be gone in the summer. Henderson is at the later stage of his career. They obviously want Bellingham and Mount but they may struggle to get them and have to look elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I think Fabinho, Jones, Keita, The Ox, Milner will be gone in the summer. Henderson is at the later stage of his career. They obviously want Bellingham and Mount but they may struggle to get them and have to look elsewhere.

I agree I think The Ox and Milner are basically already gone, which is why I didn't mention them, think if Kieta and Fabinho go then they will replace them with top proven quality in top leagues, same as Henderson, but I don't think him or Jones will go. Think if they get Scott it'll be like a carbon copy of when they signed Carvalho, which isn't much game time, couple of cameo appearances.

• Like 1