IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I must admit I’ve been like a worried parent almost resigning myself that he’s going to get injured on international duty.

Hopefully it’s nothing but we’re already counting down the games we’ve got left seeing him in a City shirt and it’s probably not very many even if he’s fit for Saturday.

With the amount he’s played this season surely it’d be too much at his age to then go on and play in the summer U20 world cup tournament? Of course it probably won’t be Bristol City’s problem come August but still…….

Cant really deny him the opportunity to represent his country in a world cup...

15 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Cant really deny him the opportunity to represent his country in a world cup...

I guess that’d be up to the medical experts, maybe they’ll advise he’s used sparingly for the rest of the championship season

I thought there were strict rules how much teenagers could play in a year but I might be mixing that up with cricket. 

Christ alive, I hope James and Naismith are fully fit. 

I hope that isn’t the last we see of Alex Scott. It’s a real shame because with a fit squad, we can easily finish in the top 10.

Injuries of late all point towards a damp squib ending to our season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not good news. How long is a minor knee ligament injury usually??

We don't have much to play for I supoose and we don't want to exacerbate the damage either.

If they use the same techniques as they did with Kalas, who it seems had a more severe injury, then not too long.

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

Cannot see him playing for us again myself. Could be our biggest ever payday for him, and cannot see anyone from the club putting that in jeopardy.

I thought the same about Kalas when told about the severity of his injury, but he seems to be recovering quickly. Fingers crossed he will only be out for a couple of games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If they use the same techniques as they did with Kalas, who it seems had a more severe injury, then not too long.

I thought the same about Kalas when told about the severity of his injury, but he seems to be recovering quickly. Fingers crossed he will only be out for a couple of games.

I am not doubting the recovery time may be quick, but this is a player that could get us 25 million, and there is just 5 weeks left of the season.

I can see the club and manager (maybe Scott and his agent too) thinking why risk anything at all now, as there is pretty much nothing to play for (within reason). They may also see it as a great opportunity to get the likes of Taylor-Clarke in to get some more minutes and experience in the first team.

I would like/hope him to have a proper sign off though as he has been unbelievable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

I think it's quite positive actually, there's very little difference finishing 9th or 20th, it all adds up to the same thing.

The injuries are however giving others chances to impress or show themselves to be not good enough going forwards, it will allow us to find out if we have any answers in the building and if not, which areas we need to strengthen. 

Knowing we are going to be without Scott next season (unless there's a miracle and he loves it here that much he wants to sign for another season in the hope of taking us up) we have already seen we need someone to deputise for James as his absence has really hurt us. 

We've seen that we need a back up left back, we need at least one more centre back. 

I'm not bothered about the results between now and the end of the season but I am intrigued by how we can perform and how we can adapt our style post Semenyo and Scott. 

Yes, that is true. 

I’m quite looking forward to seeing OTC to get a run of games in the side so we can get a proper view of him. Early days but he looks a promising young player.

I haven’t seen an update on Benarous for a while. Chance we might see him before the end of the season?

34 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yes, that is true. 

I’m quite looking forward to seeing OTC to get a run of games in the side so we can get a proper view of him. Early days but he looks a promising young player.

I haven’t seen an update on Benarous for a while. Chance we might see him before the end of the season?

No, Ayman will miss the rest of the season.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I reckon Anis could play the AS role. Could we then play JD in front of Pring? 

Worth listening to his pre-match interview today.  Talks a lot about playing as the 10.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Who is playing centre half then?

We are gonna play Andy King as a “false-no5” ?

11 hours ago, One Team said:

Anyone think him leaving could now be at risk in terms of medical etc? Guess it depends how bad this is. Either way I hope he gets back soon. 

As I previously posted, if his injury is not cleared up before  summer transfer window then maybe clubs will hold off until January to bid for him after he’s proved his fitness. 
Either way that’s football today , top players need to be machines to cope with the demands on them. 

• Like 1