IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

I wonder how Scott sees it , like said by the previous poster , if no one matches our valuation would Scott / agent suddenly start becoming difficult so to speak . He really does seem to be a decent lad and great friends with the other youngsters also believe he gets on very well with Andy King , it’s also obvious he is very much well thought of by the other senior players . Very interesting few months ahead 

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ok I’m completely confused. Is the U20 World Cup on? And if so where?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes

2. Nobody Knows

Indonesia were supposed to host but they were stripped of the honour a few weeks ago. No new host confirmed. On that basis I’d also say the exact dates have to be doubtful currently.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

1. Yes

2. Nobody Knows

Indonesia were supposed to host but they were stripped of the honour a few weeks ago. No new host confirmed. On that basis I’d also say the exact dates have to be doubtful currently.

Ok that makes sense and fits with what I have read. Someone told me on here yesterday it was cancelled so I spent an hour looking for the announcement. Nothing of course. I should know better I guess!

19 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ok that makes sense and fits with what I have read. Someone told me on here yesterday it was cancelled so I spent an hour looking for the announcement. Nothing of course. I should know better I guess!

It was effectively cancelled, as predominantly Islamic Indonesia, where the WC was due to be held, refused to allow Israel to compete.

FIFA are currently looking for a suitable replacement host nation, at which time dates etc. will be confirmed.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

1. Yes

2. Nobody Knows

Argentina is the likely destination, but not confirmed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It was effectively cancelled, as predominantly Islamic Indonesia, where the WC was due to be held, refused to allow Israel to compete.

FIFA are currently looking for a suitable replacement host nation, at which time dates etc. will be confirmed.

Play it in Israel ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

16 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

Almost inevitably Scott will play the final games (and everyone wants to enjoy watching him while we can) but the likely transfer fee will be transformational for the Club, so It must be a temptation to limit time on the pitch and keep him free of injury.

There are so many different scenarios it will be interesting to see what happens, as I mentioned earlier I’m not convinced a prem side will spend £25 mil on him.

- prem side pays less, maybe £15mil but we include add ons that hit 25mil+
- Scott starts to force move so we end up accepting offer lower than what we want

- We play hard ball and refuse to lower asking price due to contract length 

- Lots of rumour all summer and he leaves towards the end of the window for an acceptable fee

- No clubs prepared to come close to meeting asking price

- Massive bidding war and ends up leaving for over asking price + add ons (wouldn’t that be nice!!!)

either way I’m excited to see what happens, I trust Nigel and CEO to make the right decision for the football club.

25 minutes ago, Searles said:

There are so many different scenarios it will be interesting to see what happens, as I mentioned earlier I’m not convinced a prem side will spend £25 mil on him.

- Scott starts to force move so we end up accepting offer lower than what we want

- Lots of rumour all summer and he leaves towards the end of the window for an acceptable fee

- Massive bidding war and ends up leaving for over asking price + add ons (wouldn’t that be nice!!!)

either way I’m excited to see what happens, I trust Nigel and CEO to make the right decision for the football club.

I may be wrong but he doesn't seem the type to force a move. He seems happy here, That's not to say he won't leave though.

20 minutes ago, Searles said:

I think there is just too much interest and long enough on our contract with him that we can name our price within reason, prem clubs haven't been affected by the COVID conditions anywhere as much as the championship or lower, there is essentially already a bidding war going on through the press.

I think there will be an early mover and he is going to go and it will be for more than £25m is my prediction but I know nothing other than the public domain information.

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I think there is just too much interest and long enough on our contract with him that we can name our price within reason, prem clubs haven't been affected by the COVID conditions anywhere as much as the championship or lower, there is essentially already a bidding war going on through the press.

I think there will be an early mover and he is going to go and it will be for more than £25m is my prediction but I know nothing other than the public domain information.

Interesting, when was the last time a championship player left for £25mil+?

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

When was the last time a 19 year old was the outstanding player in the Championship? 

He hasn’t been the outstanding player in the championship. Also, to answer your question, Carvalho at Fulham. Liverpool signed him for £5mil. 

Edited by Searles

2 minutes ago, Searles said:

That was having played 40 games in the prem previously, so while you are correct, he was already a prem league number one.

Ok, to play by your rules Ollie Watkins went from Brentford as a championship team having never played prem football to villa in the prem for £34m in 20/21.

That was at the age of 24, AS is 19 so can provide more value over the long term.

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

Ok, to play by your rules Ollie Watkins went from Brentford as a championship team having never played prem football to villa in the prem for £34m in 20/21.

That was at the age of 24, AS is 19 so can provide more value over the long term.

A good example. Anymore? 

27 minutes ago, Searles said:

He hasn’t been the outstanding player in the championship. Also, to answer your question, Carvalho at Fulham. Liverpool signed him for £5mil. 

I think the majority feel he has, and not just City supporters. What were Carvalho's circumstances, contract length, buy out clauses? 

There is little point in trying to find equivalent deals because the ‘ landscape ‘ changes so often.

Is Scott as good as a goalkeeper that was sold in what will be  two seasons ago? :dunno:

Any  deal is dependent on availability and demand. Some years ago Teletubbies were in short supply before Christmas and were selling for way above retail price, I am not comparing Scott to TinkieWinkie, but illustrate the dynamics of pricing. 
We are in a strong negotiating position so can extract the maximum from rich Prem clubs and if they don’t accept our price , I am looking at you Wolves, then we keep the player and hope to have a promotion next season with him in the team. 

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

If we sell AS, there I don't personally see the benefit of having him back on loan.

I'd prefer we use the fee to rebuild the entire team of players that belong to us, and will carry us up the league. No point having AS on loan for a season and delaying the inevitable.

Yes I can’t see the point either

11 minutes ago, beaverface said:

If we sell AS, there I don't personally see the benefit of having him back on loan.

I'd prefer we use the fee to rebuild the entire team of players that belong to us, and will carry us up the league. No point having AS on loan for a season and delaying the inevitable.

Normally I’m not a fan of a buy and loan back transfer but if the club felt that they could use the transfer fee to improve other areas of the pitch whilst also having the belief that someone like Benarous will be ready to take over the Scott role in the team this time next year, then I could get on board with it. 

• Like 1