IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Liverpool bought Fabio Carvalho last summer, he hasn't really set the place alight or is playing regular Premier League football. To be honest I would be surprised if we see Alex in a City shirt again unless it is a cameo in the last home game. Why risk injuring a major asset in the last few meaningless games? Also I don't see him coming back on loan either. Nige doesn't like loan players,

I think he'd make an exception.....

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Should really read the thread but hoping some nice poster will tell me. Does anyone know how long Scott is out for?

Nige pre Stoke said he was making good progress.  However, if there really is a serious offer on the table, I can’t see the club taking the risk playing him, in what for us, is a series of meaningless games.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Malago said:

Nige pre Stoke said he was making good progress.  However, if there really is a serious offer on the table, I can’t see the club taking the risk playing him, in what for us, is a series of meaningless games.

Absolutely. The thought of some thug like Norwood or McBurnie ploughing through him doesn`t bear thinking about.

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I bumped into a bloke last weekend that was a recruiter for Southampton's academy when they had Alex Scott on their books. He told me that after a review the club decided it wasn't good value for money paying £25k per annum to fly him and his dad over from Guernsey, and let him go.

Whopping belters!

Interesting that. I was in a Bath hotel frequented by a couple of scouts from Southampton for The Hull and Man City games. However I can not even imagine Scott going back there under any circumstances. Pring maybe. 

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Big C said:

Liverpool bought Fabio Carvalho last summer, he hasn't really set the place alight or is playing regular Premier League football. To be honest I would be surprised if we see Alex in a City shirt again unless it is a cameo in the last home game. Why risk injuring a major asset in the last few meaningless games? Also I don't see him coming back on loan either. Nige doesn't like loan players,

That’s not what he’s said….

10 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Absolutely. The thought of some thug like Norwood or McBurnie ploughing through him doesn`t bear thinking about.

Indeed - although I believe we can relax LR..

Alex will be wrapped in cotton wool & placed safely untill this season has ended for us - and rightly so.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Alex will be wrapped in cotton wool & placed safely untill this season has ended for us - and rightly so.

Give him 10 mins against QPR so him and the crowd can say their goodbyes. 

• Robin 1

15 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I bumped into a bloke last weekend that was a recruiter for Southampton's academy when they had Alex Scott on their books. He told me that after a review the club decided it wasn't good value for money paying £25k per annum to fly him and his dad over from Guernsey, and let him go.

Whopping belters!

Was told the same by someone whose son was in same age group at Southampton.  He said parents were stunned as he was at the best prospect in that age group. Not sure how Bournemouth missed him as went there on trial after release.  Their loss is our gain & we’ve witnessed one of the best players I’ve ever seen in a red shirt.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

23 hours ago, BCFCAL said:

I agree I think The Ox and Milner are basically already gone, 

19 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, sadly, John went a good few years ago .

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Who?

50 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Probably a little bit before your time, but I think he may have been referring to the late Mr. Atyeo.

Just to clear this up, otherwise it’ll keep triggering me.

@slartibartfast is referring to “The Ox” in the context of deceased Who bassist John Entwhistle, who held the nickname “The Ox” as opposed to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or John Atyeo.

Hopefully, @PHILINFRANCE and @Davefevs, with this information you Won’t get fooled again…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

@slartibartfast is referring to “The Ox” in the context of deceased Who bassist John Entwhistle, who held the nickname “The Ox” as opposed to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain or John Atyeo.

Hopefully, @PHILINFRANCE and @Davefevs, with this information you Won’t get fooled again…

Thanks for that.

I’m not sure that @Davefevs was fooled, though, as his response, albeit quite subtle, was actually the correct answer.

It would seem I was the only one fooled.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

CLASSIC.........................I forget not all posters are from my generation !

You’d back him to break into that Liverpool team after a couple of seasons as they definitely need a freshening up. Not sure if I see them taking another youngster though, they have Carvalho, Bajetic and Elliot who are all playing in midfield. 

They really should though, as I think he would bring something different.

14 hours ago, Malago said:

Not just that, but also we have to start preparing for life after Scott. 

Monday shows that we can compete with the best teams in this division ( Saturday as well, as Stoke were a form team) not only without Scott, but also a number of key players. 

5 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You’d back him to break into that Liverpool team after a couple of seasons as they definitely need a freshening up. Not sure if I see them taking another youngster though, they have Carvalho, Bajetic and Elliot who are all playing in midfield. 

They really should though, as I think he would bring something different.

Sounds like they've been priced out of Bellingham so maybe they are willing to buy a first teamer (someone like Maddison?) and then take a punt on our Alex as the next big thing

4 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

I fully expect him to play if fit.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

You underestimate my musical knowledge! ???

57 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for that.

I’m not sure that @Davefevs was fooled, though, as his response, albeit quite subtle, was actually the correct answer.

It would seem I was the only one fooled.

Indeed, it’s why I like The High Numbers! ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

CLASSIC.........................I forget not all posters are from my generation !

There really is no substitute for age and experience Slarti!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

Sounds like they've been priced out of Bellingham so maybe they are willing to buy a first teamer (someone like Maddison?) and then take a punt on our Alex as the next big thing

Why go somewhere if you’re not going to play? If good enough it doesn’t matter how old you are. However for any young player to develop, they need to be playing quite a few games a season otherwise their career just stalls. 
I hope his advisors are savvy enough to realise that and choose a club that gives youth a chance. 
Dortmund would be a good choice. After all he’s already playing overseas. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stortfordred said:

Why go somewhere if you’re not going to play? If good enough it doesn’t matter how old you are. However for any young player to develop, they need to be playing quite a few games a season otherwise their career just stalls. 
I hope his advisors are savvy enough to realise that and choose a club that gives youth a chance. 
Dortmund would be a good choice. After all he’s already playing overseas. 

To be fair, Klopp has given the Liverpool youngsters a good chance this year in midfield.

• Like 1

Unless behind the scenes it’s all been sorted where ( or perhaps where not ) Scott is off to this summer , is this transfer business going to effect how soon we go for our targets or not as the case may be .

obviously if Scott is off for big numbers ( which is what we are constantly being told it will take for us to let him go ) it will surely change our market / targets depending on what happens , hopefully sorted sooner than later , you know what a few of these prem clubs are like they will play about all summer then week before the season starts they will come in with the big offer and he’s off leaving us in no mans land 

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Unless behind the scenes it’s all been sorted where ( or perhaps where not ) Scott is off to this summer , is this transfer business going to effect how soon we go for our targets or not as the case may be .

obviously if Scott is off for big numbers ( which is what we are constantly being told it will take for us to let him go ) it will surely change our market / targets depending on what happens , hopefully sorted sooner than later , you know what a few of these prem clubs are like they will play about all summer then week before the season starts they will come in with the big offer and he’s off leaving us in no mans land 

I think our approach will stay the same regardless.

I don't think selling Scott would mean we suddenly look at more expensive players but the quantity of signings may increase which we can be fairly fluid about. 

Imagine we have a list of targets who fit our criteria that are all being worked on and will have contingency plans/targets if Scott were to leave. I also believe the club are approaching this window on the basis that Scott won't be here for the start of next season but don't think will shoot ourselves in the foot like when we signed Palmer/Szmodics and had Paterson if he were to stay

• Like 1

Will be interested to see whether anyone meets the £25mil valuation, and if they don’t, whether Scott starts to try and force the move. I would be surprised if anyone forked out the cash we want, it’s a lot of money. Maybe we will get one more season out of him. Either way, interested to see what happens.

Perhaps we need to get our business done before he goes, can see clubs doubling/trebling their valuations of players - I don’t see it being a quick sell.

Edited by Searles
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1