IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unfortunately, on probably his last game for us at AG, today was the worst I've seen him play. He was a passenger, never in the game and should have been subbed at HT. It was very clear he was off his game.

Shame, as he would have wanted to sign off in a much more positive way.

It was a lovely pass to their striker though. 
:whistle2:

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Jeez said:

I think it got to him, the realisation that his life is about to change on a level few of us could comprehend.

Yes I think you are right. Was anonymous today apart from the gift for their second. 

Hopefully he’ll have a good one next week, but today we looked better without him, by some margin  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Todays game was built up as an Alex Scott tugfest for weeks on social media, Kids only young and the expectations of signing off in  style in what might be his final game at the Gate  in a City shirt obviously got the better of him. He is only human after all 

Agree with this although I don't know what Naismith's excuse was cause he was dire!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Todays game was built up as an Alex Scott tugfest for weeks on social media, Kids only young and the expectations of signing off in  style in what might be his final game at the Gate  in a City shirt obviously got the better of him. He is only human after all 

Absolutely this. He's had a lot of attention in the last few weeks. Winning YPOTY, named in TOTY, named in the list of top young players around Europe, been linked with Brighton and Liverpool, all this has naturally had people discussing him over social media, in the print media, on the radio, and on top of that the club make it Alex Scott day and hand out posters around the ground. It's a LOT for a young kid to handle so I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack for today. If that is the last we see of him at the Gate then he will have wanted to sign off on better terms but at least the fans showed their appreciation and support at the end regardless of the last 90 mins

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jeez said:

I think it got to him, the realisation that his life is about to change on a level few of us could comprehend.

Exactly, 19 year old hits a sticky patch of form, probably his first ever, when everyone is piling on the pressure linking him with everyone, winning young player of the year and the club putting out posters of him?!?!

He wasn’t alone, being poor in midfield in the first half. He barely got the ball and all 3 (5 if you include the wingers) of them were over run. No surprise it improved when King was replaced by a more mobile Williams.  That’s not saying Weimann didn’t have a good impact but I think Williams mobility helped the team a hell of a lot 

The last two home games have been probably his worst in a City shirt.  I can honestly count on one hand the number of bad games he’s had & has been our best player this season & most of last. He’s off and knows it & im just very pleased to witness one of the best players I’ve seen in a City shirt, who will only get better. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I was looking really hard for body language today as to whether he’s off, I’d say there was a moment with Andy King (and his wife and kids) near the end of the lap of honour, where he gave them a big hug as if to say “thanks Football dad”, knowing he’s off.

Might be nothing at all.

FWIW I think he’s deserved all the fuss, he’s been an absolute joy to watch, he’s carried us at times.  He’s allowed an off day against the best team in the league.

Girl friend was visibly in tears and hugging others. I offered her an embrace but - well you can imagine what she said.

Her body language and tears make me think Alex is on his way. And bloody good luck to him.

I’m left wondering how much of Alex and Antoine’s chips Big Nige will be allowed to spend?

Or if Steve will be buying some more elephants in Rwanda….. ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm actually positive about Alex leaving. We picked him up from Guernsey as a 16 year old lad for nothing. Developed his natural ability whilst he's been here, he's had two brilliant seasons for us on the pitch. Now we'll pick up a huge fee to push our squad on further and helped changed his life at the same time.

Wish him all the best and hope he smashes it in the PL.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Girl friend was visibly in tears and hugging others. I offered her an embrace but - well you can imagine what she said.

Her body language and tears make me think Alex is on his way. And bloody good luck to him.

I’m left wondering how much of Alex and Antoine’s chips Big Nige will be allowed to spend?

Or if Steve will be buying some more elephants in Rwanda….. ?

I’d definitely go for the elephants in preference to the donkey’s that we normally rustle up.

Actually have huge admiration for Steve’s conservation efforts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I'm actually positive about Alex leaving. We picked him up from Guernsey as a 16 year old lad for nothing. Developed his natural ability whilst he's been here, he's had two brilliant seasons for us on the pitch. Now we'll pick up a huge fee to push our squad on further and helped changed his life at the same time.

Wish him all the best and hope he smashes it in the PL.

I agree and have changed my view of our best players leaving given where the club has been recently.  I used to be gutted, but now, if we receive the kind of fee being touted around and Nige/Tins get a good chunk of it to reinvest, his sale could be transformative for the club.  I trust them to spend it well; certainly better than  predecessors.

Ironically, his sale could very well put us in a better place than had he stayed.  Good luck to him, he’s been a star for us and deserves his chance.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If I was looking really hard for body language today as to whether he’s off, I’d say there was a moment with Andy King (and his wife and kids) near the end of the lap of honour, where he gave them a big hug as if to say “thanks Football dad”, knowing he’s off.

Might be nothing at all.

FWIW I think he’s deserved all the fuss, he’s been an absolute joy to watch, he’s carried us at times.  He’s allowed an off day against the best team in the league.

He’s not allowed to down tools though. 

1 minute ago, aa_bcfc said:

He’s not allowed to down tools though. 

He didn’t, he just had a poor game on the ball.  Without the ball, especially opening first half hour, he was excellent in working with the rest of the front 3 to prsss Burnley into several mistakes..

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He didn’t, he just had a poor game on the ball.  Without the ball, especially opening first half hour, he was excellent in working with the rest of the front 3 to prsss Burnley into several mistakes..

I thought he was a passenger for the whole time he was on the pitch, totally out of it,  and should have been subbed earlier.

Everything caught up with him probably, he's still a kid and he's got a lot on his shoulders.

At least he got a good send off from the crowd when eventually subbed.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dave I wholly respect your knowledge and your insight but surely it’s no coincidence that Scott’s performance today was as poor as Scotts played since he’s come into the team. I accept that all players have an off day but in my opinion that performance can’t be excused an off day. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not so sure about the excellent bit mate but I’m also not going to slaughter the lad for dipping knowing he’s not going to be here for much longer just like I never with famara,they are just humans after all

48 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Dave I wholly respect your knowledge and your insight but surely it’s no coincidence that Scott’s performance today was as poor as Scotts played since he’s come into the team. I accept that all players have an off day but in my opinion that performance can’t be excused an off day. 

A 19 year old has an amazing season and suddenly has loads of big clubs after him and you think that’s not allowed to affect his performance ??  Crazy.  What are you putting it down to?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

I accept that all players have an off day but in my opinion that performance can’t be excused an off day. 

So you’re implying he wasn’t trying?

At least others are suggesting that perhaps the emotion / occasion caught up with him.

• Like 2