IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

But if you use Harvey Elliot as the comparison player that point is completely reversed. Elliot has played in every game. 

Elliott was signed as a 16 year old and has played about 30 times for them in 4 years, including a season on loan back in the championship. Scott has been a regular starter in the championship for 2 seasons. Not exactly a like for like comparison.

Money talks & he's going with all of our best wishes. He's a top top talent. Considering his age, arguably the best player we have ever produced. My advice would be to hope you get to see him in a Bristol City shirt again before the season ends.

His sale will enable this great club to kick on. Exciting times.

• Like 1

I kind of hoped he would go for a Webster size fee to a similar size Club, then shortly after move to a top Club and we get Sell on. If he goes to a top Club he has to go to a good one, one that can actually win the things we put in as Add ons.
Shit source I know, but this is the sort of thing that would make the deal interesting for me. We get £25m and a £25m player for a year.

Screenshot2023-04-11at14_04_12.png.503877b90e7d712d227a2d7873f4400e.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I kind of hoped he would go for a Webster size fee to a similar size Club, then shortly after move to a top Club and we get Sell on. If he goes to a top Club he has to go to a good one, one that can actually win the things we put in as Add ons.
Shit source I know, but this is the sort of thing that would make the deal interesting for me. We get £25m and a £25m player for a year.

Screenshot2023-04-11at14_04_12.png.503877b90e7d712d227a2d7873f4400e.png

dont do it to yourself

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Don’t think so it’s just me thinking what would be good for him.. look at how well Jude has developed 

If he has to go (and I still hope he doesn't) I too would like to see him at Dortmund. Good club with passionate supporters and big crowds and a team that plays football that should suit his style. He would be superb to play as a replacement or alongside Bellingham. Don't know that he's on their radar though. 

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I hope it comes down to Alex or Boro's Hayden Hackney rather than Sunderland's on loan Manchester United player Amad Diallo. 

Think it’ll come down to Diallo’s goals versus Scott’s overall play in a lesser side.  Hackney shouldn’t win it over those two, streets ahead of him imho.

Just now, slartibartfast said:

Yes, sadly, John went a good few years ago .

Who?

We need to make sure we dont make the same mistake that we did with Webster in selling so late. We 100% need an attacking minded midfielder, and in my opinion 2 defensive ones as Williams is very injury prone, King is unlikely to stay beyond this year as a player, and James needs legs ideally next to him. Really like Oxfords Brannagan and Bird and Knight from Derby

Edited by OliOTIB

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Scott should win it IMO but gut feeling Diallo will. Goals and assists etc even if like Hackney, he is a year older than Scott pretty much.

I'd take Hackney over Diallo every time. I just don't think the award should go to a Premier league loan player, especially one who was bloody useless at Rangers. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

If he has to go (and I still hope he doesn't) I too would like to see him at Dortmund. Good club with passionate supporters and big crowds and a team that plays football that should suit his style. He would be superb to play as a replacement or alongside Bellingham. Don't know that he's on their radar though. 

Bearing in mind dortmunds record of buying in young players, including bellingham from the championship, id be surprised if they didnt know every member of that england youth team? Id like to see scott go there too!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Bearing in mind dortmunds record of buying in young players, including bellingham from the championship, id be surprised if they didnt know every member of that england youth team? Id like to see scott go there too!

It's a fair point. They don't seem to make a song and dance about their signings either. Their purchase of Jamie Bynoe-Gittens from Reading was a little under the radar. 

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It's a fair point. They don't seem to make a song and dance about their signings either. Their purchase of Jamie Bynoe-Gittens from Reading was a little under the radar. 

Came from man city after a spell at Reading I think

Liverpool bought Fabio Carvalho last summer, he hasn't really set the place alight or is playing regular Premier League football. To be honest I would be surprised if we see Alex in a City shirt again unless it is a cameo in the last home game. Why risk injuring a major asset in the last few meaningless games? Also I don't see him coming back on loan either. Nige doesn't like loan players,

• Like 1

I bumped into a bloke last weekend that was a recruiter for Southampton's academy when they had Alex Scott on their books. He told me that after a review the club decided it wasn't good value for money paying £25k per annum to fly him and his dad over from Guernsey, and let him go.

Whopping belters!

Edited by Sir Colby-Tit
  • Like 1