IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

4 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Only just noticed the Bristol Sport branded backpack in the picture. Clearly his delivery of Nike gear from the FA wasn't quite extensive enough. 

And he chose not to wear his new Wolves branded kit...

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, M.D said:

I got the feeling with The SL interview on radio Brizz that he wasn't that keen on NP and that Robins was the man he would like to replace him with..

Looks like Nige has told him a few home truths over his term here…and he didn’t take too kindly to it.

• Like 13
  • Flames 6

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Gossip today that they`ll be pulling in £70m EACH for Mac Allister and Caicedo.

Shame if they do would be nice to see some of these players staying with the clubs that give them a chance rather running after the money of the big 4 , Brighton are excellent.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, M.D said:

I got the feeling with The SL interview on radio Brizz that he wasn't that keen on NP and that Robins was the man he would like to replace him with..

Unfortunately, I got the same impression and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't renew NPs contract regardless of where we finish. I also get the same impression from JL.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looks like Nige has told him a few home truths over his term here…and he didn’t take too kindly to it.

I think that is the case.

SL does not take criticism very well if past incidents are indicative.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Unfortunately, I got the same impression and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't renew NPs contract regardless of where we finish. I also get the same impression from JL.

I think that is the case.

This is the problem I think. Look at Brighton, Tony Bloom is a great Business man but the first thing he did was to employ people who know about football and could run a club..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Absolutely.

Tell SL some what he doesn't want to hear and you are out on your ear. Rub his balls with a warm soft cloth and you can get away with running the club into the ground.

Remember though, it's his money and his club.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Absolutely.

Tell SL some what he doesn't want to hear and you are out on your ear. Rub his balls with a warm soft cloth and you can get away with running the club into the ground.

Remember though, it's his money and his club.

If that was true then Nigel wouldn't still be here would he?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 3

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully Lansdown will sell up and move on soon as he’s taken the club as far as he can. Won’t have to worry about upsetting his ego. As grateful as I am for Lansdown sand his money, he’s not a football man and has often made poor choices when it comes to Bristol City. I for one am glad we have a man at the helm who knows what he’s doing and isn’t afraid to tell SL what’s what 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Hopefully Lansdown will sell up and move on soon as he’s taken the club as far as he can. Won’t have to worry about upsetting his ego. As grateful as I am for Lansdown sand his money, he’s not a football man and has often made poor choices when it comes to Bristol City. I for one am glad we have a man at the helm who knows what he’s doing and isn’t afraid to tell SL what’s what 

30 years or so of SL, and we are no closer to promotion now than we have been since the 70s, the only way we are going up is to have a new owner come and throw money at it…

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

29 minutes ago, BLRed said:

If only he had come to you with your incredible foresight, it was foresight right? You knew all those choices were poor before he made them not after, right? If only we had a football man in charge with money like the other 91 league clubs.... oh wait....

• Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That doesn’t really matter though, does it? They are in the premier league & will be again next season all for the price of just a few million fine….i would be happy with us breaking all the rules to get to the top tier & then just pay a few million quid to get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They probably regret it, playing all those crap teams in the EPL and collecting 100s of millions in the process :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was on BBCRB, pre-Burnley…was with Geoff Twentyman.  Let me see if I can find a link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0ffz56p

Just thought he came across a bit rude / dismissive of what Nige had achieved.

probably doesnt like the fact np knows how to run a football club after letting kid crayola and the ashton coconut loose on it

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was on BBCRB, pre-Burnley…was with Geoff Twentyman.  Let me see if I can find a link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0ffz56p

Just thought he came across a bit rude / dismissive of what Nige had achieved.

Thanks for that, just listened  but really couldn't hear anything too untoward in what he said. The only thing that was said is that they had some disagreements, but that's fine , surely ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

30 years or so of SL, and we are no closer to promotion now than we have been since the 70s, the only way we are going up is to have a new owner come and throw money at it…

And to date some have thrown far less money at "it" than SL yet achieved so much more which is very sad.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s the thing with an experienced manager like Nige, not only has he seen it and done so can pass comment based on his experiences.

But, maybe more pertinent, he is unlikely to need the money so will tell someone like SL exactly how it is.

The last manager we had that was, sort of, in that position was Cottrill. 

I don’t believe getting Nige out is on the agenda currently but if we start badly next term I would not be totally surprised. One thing we can be certain of is that Nige is no yes man.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Thanks for that, just listened  but really couldn't hear anything too untoward in what he said. The only thing that was said is that they had some disagreements, but that's fine , surely ?

I think it was more what he didn't say.

Most recognise that NP has done a good job in clearing up the mess created by SL and MA, but SL bigs up Mark Robins at Coventry and the job he's done whilst ignoring NPs input here other than saying we should have had more points and further up the table (not necessarily in that interview) and his son said the same. They are on a different page to NP imo.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1