IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

52 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Stepping stones...at least he would get game time in the Prem.

Yeah, but Luton aren't going to sign him on a short contract are they so when they come straight back down Scott finds himself tied to a Championship club that may not want to let him go. With his level of talent and the fees being mentioned, he should be looking at teams like Liverpool, Brighton, Spurs or maybe Villla, clubs that will still be up there for the foreseeable future but he can get game time. With Liverpool looking likely to have signed Mac Allister the logical step would be for Brighton to use their success this season and turn a big sale of Mac Allister into a win-win by signing Scott for £20-25m. GIves them a healthy profit and turns a foreign-based player into an English-based player with a very long career ahead of him. I think Brighton would be mad to pass up the opportunity being as they've basically been forced to sell their talisman midfielder. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, but Luton aren't going to sign him on a short contract are they so when they come straight back down Scott finds himself tied to a Championship club that may not want to let him go. With his level of talent and the fees being mentioned, he should be looking at teams like Liverpool, Brighton, Spurs or maybe Villla, clubs that will still be up there for the foreseeable future but he can get game time. With Liverpool looking likely to have signed Mac Allister the logical step would be for Brighton to use their success this season and turn a big sale of Mac Allister into a win-win by signing Scott for £20-25m. GIves them a healthy profit and turns a foreign-based player into an English-based player with a very long career ahead of him. I think Brighton would be mad to pass up the opportunity being as they've basically been forced to sell their talisman midfielder. 

Replacing a world cup winner at 19 years old, now that would be a huge compliment and statement

2 hours ago, Spike said:

2 hours ago, Citychuds said:

For most players yes. Scott is a better player than that

But where else will he be a starter every week in the Prem? The reason he is caught the eye is his league form so many good players get buried with top sides, he is only 19 /20 plenty of time to progress to a top side, but yep I am playing devils advocate here, maybe Villa ,West Ham, the latter seems a possibility with Rice off. Who I think was the age of Scott when he was a first team regular. 

What is great we all seem to want to see him progress, last thing I want is a now show for the big boys.

Just now, cotswoldred2 said:

But where else will he be a starter every week in the Prem? The reason he is caught the eye is his league form so many good players get buried with top sides, he is only 19 /20 plenty of time to progress to a top side, but yep I am playing devils advocate here, maybe Villa ,West Ham, the latter seems a possibility with Rice off. Who I think was the age of Scott when he was a first team regular. 

What is great we all seem to want to see him progress, last thing I want is a no show for the big boys.

Just now, cotswoldred2 said:

What is great we all seem to want to see him progress, last thing I want is a nowhow for the big boys.

NO!!

On 31/05/2023 at 08:44, Silvio Dante said:

It’s even worse than that - looking at the profiles of those replying they’re all Man Utd fans.

So they’re bitter that a player they loaned out, and presumably therefore didn’t see play in the flesh, didn’t get an award in a division they have no knowledge of.

Belters.

And they support a team in a city that they have probably never been to.

5 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Matt O’Reilly is a target for Brighton. Former Fulham academy graduate, currently at Celtic. Has done very well there. He was also fantastic during his time at MK Dons.

With them also signing Dahoud (Dortmund) and Milner, it could mean that they do not progress with a move for Scott. 

Oh, Really?

On 29/05/2023 at 19:35, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

It's a true shithole, it needs a few things doing to meet the premier League requirements.

The main bits they will struggle with are VAR requirements, Media and there is also the fact one whole stand is under development, there is also some random requirements around boundaries in the premier.  

I think they are aiming to double their capacity and add safe standing of 4k it will be interesting as three months is not long.

All the work Luton are doing is TV and media related.

Upgrade floodlights (for TV), 50 TV camera positions, media work room with internet facilities for UK and foreign journalists, press conference room with seating for 100,  TV studio, Var studio ,and toilet and canteen facilities (for TV, media and journalists). 

Hopefully we have all this in place - just in case!

With the money being chucked at brighton for their players, I can genuinely see us holding out for 35-40 mill for Scott should they come in for him. 10-15 of that maybe in add ons and we would be crazy not to include minimum 20-25% sell on clause.

his sale, as much as I would hate to see it happen, would genuinely set us up for a promotion push financially for the next 2-3 years

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BLRed said:

With the money being chucked at brighton for their players, I can genuinely see us holding out for 35-40 mill for Scott should they come in for him. 10-15 of that maybe in add ons and we would be crazy not to include minimum 20-25% sell on clause.

his sale, as much as I would hate to see it happen, would genuinely set us up for a promotion push financially for the next 2-3 years

The Brighton way is buy low, sell high so they won't spend that kind of money on Alex imo. Maybe £30m on Colwill if they can persuade Chelsea to sell, though he's a defender of course.

In any event they look like having 3 midfield signings lined up plus Gilmour and Buonanotte already getting games last season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The Brighton way is buy low, sell high so they won't spend that kind of money on Alex imo. Maybe £30m on Colwill if they can persuade Chelsea to sell, though he's a defender of course.

In any event they look like having 3 midfield signings lined up plus Gilmour and Buonanotte already getting games last season.

Well, they paid 20m for Webster, so they mix it a bit where necessary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’m a bit surprised that we’re not seeing more concrete links around Scott.

The Prem season has finished. He’s back from the WC. Probably on holiday now, admittedly, but as other deals begin to get done it’s surprising that the race hasn’t really started.

A price tag of 25m may have something to do with that.

I'm hopeful that he'll still be here for next season.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The Prem season has finished. He’s back from the WC. Probably on holiday now, admittedly, but as other deals begin to get done it’s surprising that the race hasn’t really started.

There will be a lot of high profile Midfielders move this summer. The two MF's from Brighton, The Leicester boys, Ward Prowse, Declan Rice. I wonder if they will happen first before it cascades down to to Champ players?

14 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

There will be a lot of high profile Midfielders move this summer. The two MF's from Brighton, The Leicester boys, Ward Prowse, Declan Rice. I wonder if they will happen first before it cascades down to to Champ players?

Yeh exactly. There's a decent list of midfielders from the relegated sides alone that may be higher up the list. I thought Wolves losing Neves for free and Moutinho would trigger their interest but they've got money issues. 

West Ham seems most likely to me once Rice has gone. They're lacking in midfield already and Soucek wasn't great this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was still here for the games before the Transfer Window closes. I think there will be other late moves when clubs assess their squads after the first couple of games, and that's when he will come into people's reckoning.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was still here for the games before the Transfer Window closes. I think there will be other late moves when clubs assess their squads after the first couple of games, and that's when he will come into people's reckoning.

Which won't really help us at all.

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Which won't really help us at all.

I don't agree, we clearly had/have plans that don't include selling Scotty, if he needs to be replaced they will have contingency for that. It would also put us in a very good position financially for the 2 or 3 windows without being under pressure to sell.