IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

17 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Mac Allister’s fee was driven by his release clause so would make no difference to what we ask for Scott.

Without the Liverpool would have been paying £80m+ for him.

I'm not really a big fan of release clauses. Trigger the release clause and we are obliged to let the player speak to the interested club, no release clause and we can politely tell them to sod off. 

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Going by posts from many fans across Twitter where they’ve suggested their club sign Scott for a few million - I think our fans and club are hugely overvaluing Scott. I understand the club doing it to obtain optimal price but I can’t see any club offering any more than 10m quid for him. 

Then he stays, 

We aren't over pricing him ether, he is getting unervirsal praise from some of the top players coach's and pundits,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Going by posts from many fans across Twitter where they’ve suggested their club sign Scott for a few million - I think our fans and club are hugely overvaluing Scott. I understand the club doing it to obtain optimal price but I can’t see any club offering any more than 10m quid for him. 

We definitely aren't, he's just won the Championship young player of the year...

21 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Massengo cost us £7mil & that was 4 years ago, i would say Scott is much further along with his development than HNM was & nobody really thought the money was OTT. I dont think any club would be stupid enough to offer £10mil & think they would get told anything other than “piss off & dont waste our time”. Some of the prices are ridiculous, i agree, but i think it’s reasonable to ask (& expect) around £25m.

Edited by Mr Hankey
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

We got that for Semenyo and Scott is rated much higher in the game.

And I'm not sure random fans of other clubs on Twitter have quite the expertise and authority you seem to grant them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Good god, so some random fans across twitter are now the font of all knowledge on Alex Scott's valuation. IF Scott does leave, we will get way more than £10m

26 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Great, then he'll be staying. Good times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Mac Allister from Brighton to Liverpool for a reported £35 million with &10 million add ons.

So if Brighton are interested in Scott, how can we get £35 million for a promising 19 year old who has only played Championship for two seasons?

Because MacAllister had a release clause.

16 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Great, then he'll be staying. Good times.

Exactly!! ? 10m is very low. Can’t see it being lower than 20m and that be with serious add ons. 

Like having the chat would you rather have our squad as is now(maybe add roberts and another) and keep Scott another season and get 10-15m for him. Or get the 20-25m this season? 

Personally, would rather have Scott for the season. I’d like to see him put this team on his back in a way and drag us to a playoff spot. Obviously the squad around him is a strong as ever too but his third full season with all the praise and accolades, it would be nice to see him take the statistical leap in terms of goals, assists and key passes. I don’t really fancy us for playoffs without Scott. Perhaps similarly positioned to slightly better. With Scott, and another step forward from him, I can see us in the top 6. 

The 25m would almost be too much for how we run the club now. Would we go buy 4-5 million quid players? With more expensive fees probably comes higher wage demands and we have a structure now(for the good). Or does it evolve with such a sale? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Really?

You are valuing him in the same bracket as Matt Taylor and Rovers' other star, the as yet uncapped Welsh International, Aaron Collins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Mr Hankey said:

Massengo cost us £7mil & that was 4 years ago, i would say Scott is much further along with his development than HNM was & nobody really thought the money was OTT. I dont think any club would be stupid enough to offer £10mil & think they would get told anything other than “piss off & dont waste our time”. Some of the prices are ridiculous, i agree, but i think it’s reasonable to ask (& expect) around £25m.

He didn’t. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

How much did he cost? Most sites have him down as £7mil (or €8mil) - the only site i have seen to have him down as less is the Bristol Post

3 million I thought, it would of raised to 8 million based on add ons like promotion etc

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

3 million I thought, it would of raised to 8 million based on add ons like promotion etc

Ah that makes more sense, hopefully the add ons never kicked in! Think that will be the same for Scott tbh, we may claim we get a stupid amount of money when he does eventually leave, but a lot could end up being add ons. 

Ah that makes more sense, hopefully the add ons never kicked in! Think that will be the same for Scott tbh, we may claim we get a stupid amount of money when he does eventually leave, but a lot could end up being add ons. 

We will get 25 million for Scott, but we will have a sell on of around 10 to 15% because if he fulfilled his potential you could be looking at 100m player and future England captain, imo

• Like 1

How much did he cost? Most sites have him down as £7mil (or €8mil) - the only site i have seen to have him down as less is the Bristol Post

Covered in the Massengo thread on main pages:

I have him down as €3m and I’m very confident of that figure, both in terms of who told me and then cross-referencing to the club accounts.

As explained it is not unusual for French / and other media to quote fees in different ways:

• just the initial fee (becoming less common)
  • initial fee plus maximum add-ons (becoming more the norm - see McCrorie this week “fee could rise to £2m” type stuff)
  • as above but also include the wage cost over the term too

but pretty much always “undisclosed”.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Just seen one post from some Spurs news type Twitter accounts asking if fans would prefer to sign Maddison for 50 million or Scott for £20 million. A lot of replies going for Scott

Twitter link

Bit of an odd poll, as I don't think comparing Maddison and Scott is like-for-like, is it? Maddison plays much further forward. 

Maddison has 10 goals and 9 assists from last season, Scott scored 1 league goal and made 4 assists in the C'ship.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We will get 25 million for Scott, but we will have a sell on of around 10 to 15% because if he fulfilled his potential you could be looking at 100m player and future England captain, imo

Hope you're right. I'm not convinced he has superstar potential but what do I know. I could see why the likes of Maddison and Bowen went from the championship for big fees. Standout players in terms of goals and assists. Not sure I would see that value in Alex as a fan without my rose-tints.

Only time will tell who has got it right. Personally I'd jump at £15m plus add ons.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bit of an odd poll, as I don't think comparing Maddison and Scott is like-for-like, is it? Maddison plays much further forward. 

Maddison has 10 goals and 9 assists from last season, Scott scored 1 league goal and made 4 assists in the C'ship.

It'll be interesting when he does step up to the next level what position he actually ends up in, won't it? He could almost end up playing anywhere.

I like him playing deeper in our team/division because - for as basic as this sounds - I always just think you want your best players on the ball as much as possible. And he obviously sees more of it there.

I know he's played deeper for the England age groups too, but again he's a standout player at that level, as much for his physicality as his ability. But then he'll lose those points of difference when he goes to the Premier League.

As an aside, it's interesting the amount of people who consider him a dribbler/a player in the same mould as Grealish. While he's got great feet, like Grealish, I've always thought his vision/passing range for someone so young is his best asset. He releases the ball more quickly than Grealish IMO.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

It'll be interesting when he does step up to the next level what position he actually ends up in, won't it? He could almost end up playing anywhere.

I like him playing deeper in our team/division because - for as basic as this sounds - I always just think you want your best players on the ball as much as possible. And he obviously sees more of it there.

I know he's played deeper for the England age groups too, but again he's a standout player at that level, as much for his physicality as his ability. But then he'll lose those points of difference when he goes to the Premier League.

As an aside, it's interesting the amount of people who consider him a dribbler/a player in the same mould as Grealish. While he's got great feet, like Grealish, I've always thought his vision/passing range for someone so young is his best asset. He releases the ball more quickly than Grealish IMO.

Agree with all of that, and to add the comparisons with Grealish are pretty lazy when the only similarities are their quick feet and rolled-down socks IMO.

If he stays, great. If he goes, I hope it’s for £20m+ and it happens sooner rather than later so we can find a quality replacement. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think there are a small minority of our fans that struggle with the concept that Scott is NOT an attacking midfielder and should NOT be judged against the output of other attacking midfielders

Lots of people, our fans and other clubs fans also concentrate on his goals and assists. 

Yes he probably should be scoring a few more, he knows this. But things like assists relies on the players without him. 

It's all his other stats that people should be looking at because that's what makes him a 25 million player. I believe he is right up there with the goal creation chances?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think there are a small minority of our fans that struggle with the concept that Scott is NOT an attacking midfielder and should NOT be judged against the output of other attacking midfielders

But should still be judged on output. Not putting the lad down as disappointed I’m not going to see him next season. However his “ stats” don’t read amazing when you’re asking for 25 million. 

It’s  win win for us. We sell we get a big cash offer and set the club up for the immediate future and if he stays he can help us push for top 6. 

Normally you are worried about losing your best player however very relaxed about this one.

• Like 5