IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

22 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It seems to me that the only people concerned about the Scott situation are those who post on this forum. Both the Club and Scott himself remain non-plussed and very much in control. Even if we receive a formal bid of £25M it's not a formality that he leaves as it represents the baseline figure, not necessarily the selling price. We don't need to sell and if the wrong club bids Scott might not fancy it. 

Financially it is the optimum time to sell though, maybe last 18 months at a push but once you enter the final 2 years of a contract...at what point do we consider the finance v the football, when there are 18 months left, 12?

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Financially it is the optimum time to sell though, maybe last 18 months at a push but once you enter the final 2 years of a contract...at what point do we consider the finance v the football, when there are 18 months left, 12?

At 18m, if he's upped his game a bit from this season (goals and assists), and Spurs are struggling a bit, 'ching  ching, ching'.

Unless we're doing well (and why wouldn't we be!) when we'd want to hold on to him for our top 6/auto push!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

At 18m, if he's upped his game a bit from this season (goals and assists), and Spurs are struggling a bit, 'ching  ching, ching'.

Unless we're doing well (and why wouldn't we be!) when we'd want to hold on to him for our top 6/auto push!

If we're doing alright, keep. Keep.

Sometimes a risk needs to be taken I suppose, and 2 years, theoretically contacted to us and should be improving. God knows we have sold, sold and sold one more ie Semenyo to see us over the FFP line.

If a £25m bid comes in we have to consider it of course but if not well it helps us on the pitch and why should we sell every single time. I've weighed up football v finance and on this  yeah keep.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One more thing, will Bournemouth sacking O'Neil impact their interest in Scott?

I don't really know how it works there, manager, sporting director, recruitment model.

Richard Hughes (ex-Bournemouth, Portsmouth player) is the DoF / HoR.  He’ll operate above the manager, especially when it was O’Neil.

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

But no one has bid anything yet according to the club 

No, but worded very much that clubs have been in touch!

15 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Or how about let’s really dream.

we keep him as no bid meets our valuation, we have a stonker of a season and get promoted.

we then could keep him longer term….

I think that’s why we are placing such a high valuation on him.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Or how about let’s really dream.

we keep him as no bid meets our valuation, we have a stonker of a season and get promoted.

we then could keep him longer term….

That is where risk-reward comes in. Aim for the stars, developing himself, around better players as the tram better gets used to the 4-3-3 whixh was a midseason switch, full pre season with it may help even more.

A lot of things would have to align but yeah never know. Top two surely out of reach but playoffs...

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Richard Hughes (ex-Bournemouth, Portsmouth player) is the DoF / HoR.  He’ll operate above the manager, especially when it was O’Neil.

No, but worded very much that clubs have been in touch!

It's like they don't believe we're still after £25m. They asking if we'll consider £15 + addons, "cus I could put that to the CEO"?

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's like they don't believe we're still after £25m. They asking if we'll consider £15 + addons, "cus I could put that to the CEO"?

Still I'm not wholly convinced we will get the £25m straight offer but that could really benefit us on the pitch.

Btw my lack of full faith in us getting £25m or above this summer is no reflection on Scott, or his ability- what he is worth, more a case that we don't seem to get the breaks that we perhaps merit, the acknowledgement at times etc. Seldom have in my time supporting.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That is where risk-reward comes in. Aim for the stars, developing himself, around better players as the tram better gets used to the 4-3-3 whixh was a midseason switch, full pre season with it may help even more.

A lot of things would have to align but yeah never know. Top two surely out of reach but playoffs...

Before the season starts nothing is out of reach. 

40 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Before the season starts nothing is out of reach. 

A hell of an ask. The in built advantage financially the 3 relegated clubs could have or 2 if them for one, then among our peers Coventry have a strong foundation on paper, although in some ways not too much. Middlesbrough and Sunderland could push on, Stoke may go big.

Ipswich coming up may also go big.

Watford and Norwich could also have  a significant financial advantage over us.

Yet all of the above have flaws but top 2 feels some way out of reach to me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UpTheReds said:

That is encouraging. He is one of many though, there are about 5 midfielders in that list. Frattesi, someone linked with Benfica, Gallagher, Scott. However yes there will be interest without doubt.

That said it sort of rules out Gallagher and the other Chelsea midfielder, Frattesi wants to stay in Italy and the Mallotrca guy off to PSG. Guy linked with Benfica is off thete.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A hell of an ask. The in built advantage financially the 3 relegated clubs could have or 2 if them for one, then among our peers Coventry have a strong foundation on paper, although in some ways not too much. Middlesbrough and Sunderland could push on, Stoke may go big.

Ipswich coming up may also go big.

Watford and Norwich could also have  a significant financial advantage over us.

Yet all of the above have flaws but top 2 feels some way out of reach to me.

Granted the top 2 is unlikely but I'm not prepared to write it off before a ball is kicked. While wealth through parachute payments is an advantage Luton, and Brentford before them, have shown it's not a necessity. Let's see what the squads are before we start making predictions. Boro are not going to have the same squad as last season and some sides may go big but the players have got to gel. For the time being I will trust to my normal disposition of optimist. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Granted the top 2 is unlikely but I'm not prepared to write it off before a ball is kicked. While wealth through parachute payments is an advantage Luton, and Brentford before them, have shown it's not a necessity. Let's see what the squads are before we start making predictions. Boro are not going to have the same squad as last season and some sides may go big but the players have got to gel. For the time being I will trust to my normal disposition of optimist. 

I think the aim at the start of the season should be to win every game and finish in top two. Otherwise what's the point? Players need to know that's what we expect. If you set targets of play offs or top 10 or whatever then players ain't gonna give 100% each game. 

I'm not sure Leeds, Leicester and Soton are going to walk the league like people think. 

Coventry have seen 5 loan players leave and their 20 goal striker is likely to leave, Hamer too probably. There is talk they need to bring in 10 players so I'm not sure I see them getting near play offs again. 

Swansea look as if they may struggle. Recruitment issues between owners and management. Manager leaving and their bringing in league one manager. 

Lots of Championship clubs are in financial trouble so that creates an opportunity for us. 

Last season I felt as if for around 40 games we were in every single game. Individual mistakes cost us. I'm encouraged that even tho we had little back up and had to play players out of position we were rather consistent in our performances over the season. 

So when you think if it like that, top 2 isn't out of the question. Especially now we've brought in players which should see those individual errors reduce.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So when you think if it like that, top 2 isn't out of the question

Think about it, like, in reality - here in the real world.

We will not finish top two.

Top six is as yet out of reach for us, let alone automatic - this season will be another of building/consolidation.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

The highlighted point is the thing that matters most. 

We aren't actually as far away as some of the doom and gloom brigade think. It will of course take a considerable amount of good fortune and periods of sustained momentum but for the last part of the 21/22 season and the majority of 22/23 performances have been there and we've more than matched every single team in the division. Burnley H and Luton A the only times we looked outclassed, Birmingham A and WBA H the only times we looked utter shite. (Though we missed a few chances in the WBA game that could have changed momentum and result there). 

I don't expect anything, it's a fools game to expect anything in a game like football. But I am increasingly hopeful. We currently have 3 of the most talented prospects in the EFL on our books, (Alex, Tommy and Anis) we have a squad of model pros and leaders, Former Prem winners and a million other elements to be really excited about.

Just need everything to click into place from the stands to the pitch. Anything is possible.

Well said Nige.

• Haha 2

If Scott does not sell this summer, and carries on his trajectory he’s shown the past two seasons. His value could and most probably rise further next summer. I know he will only have one year left but if they are all monitoring then they may be willing to pay more to stop others waiting from buying him.  

Well, we do know Rob Newman has watched him several times.

Just now, alexukhc said:

Would love him at West Ham, proper team to look upto

Do they retain European football for winning this season’s comp?  If so, that’s another good option for Alex.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Well, we do know Rob Newman has watched him several times.

Do they retain European football for winning this season’s comp?  If so, that’s another good option for Alex.

Yea get straight through to the group stages of the higher europa league I think

£25m to begin discussions but West Ham has potential to be a decent move for him. Big but not too big, players like Bowen, Benrahma among others from the Championship are just two who have flourished there in recent times.

The market moves quickly, not long ago that they were being linked with numerous other CMs or reportedly had a serious interest in a few.

51 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

If Scott does not sell this summer, and carries on his trajectory he’s shown the past two seasons. His value could and most probably rise further next summer. I know he will only have one year left but if they are all monitoring then they may be willing to pay more to stop others waiting from buying him.  

I like your logic, but think there is a ceiling for Championship clubs selling to Prem and I think £25m is as close to that as we will get tbh.

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£25m to begin discussions but West Ham has potential to be a decent move for him. Big but not too big, players like Bowen, Benrahma among others from the Championship are just two who have flourished there in recent times.

The market moves quickly, not long ago that they were being linked with numerous other CMs or reportedly had a serious interest in a few.

Alvarez is reportedly going to Dortmund from Ajax. West Ham still want Palhinha but Fulham want £50m.

Watch this space then.?

• Thanks 1