IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

52 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They tried to sign Barella from Inter and have now allegedly bid £50m for Tonali from A.C. Milan. They also want Maddison, though not for the £50m Leicester want apparently.

So Alex seems an unlikely target.

Although depending on their budget, an early report suggested £70-75m ie in fees, maybe if they want to strengthen 2 or 3 positions Scott may come into the reckoning.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although depending on their budget, an early report suggested £70-75m ie in fees, maybe if they want to strengthen 2 or 3 positions Scott may come into the reckoning.

Yes, quite possible as they want to free Bruno Guimares to play further forward. Though they are also said to want a left back and a centre back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

ery keen on him, but will they pay the valuation?

In theory well the Rice £100m valuation or however much it is would make it easy but.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/uefa-warn-west-ham/

I would say yes but they will try and have a net spend of £0 for FFP reasons. How far they can spread that will be a key question.

I know about amortisation etc but one factor to consider. They were put on a UEFA watchlist in 2022.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Been saying West Ham likely destination for Alex. They scouted him loads of times including every or nearly every game post Christmas. Very keen on him, but will they pay the valuation?

Just need Arsenal to cough up for Rice...

• Like 2

A rare ITK claim (my friend's bosses wife heads up the Adidas/Arsenal relationship...or something like that) says that the Rice deal is basically already done (personal terms agreed), but there's just a bit of fine tuning on the fee. 

Anyways, hoping its true, as I see West Ham as one of the more likely PL destinations for Scott

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SBB said:

Thanks, I hadn't see that quote from Dan Bentley before. Quite a tribute!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Been saying West Ham likely destination for Alex. They scouted him loads of times including every or nearly every game post Christmas. Very keen on him, but will they pay the valuation?

They are about to appoint a technical director which might put Rob Newman's job at risk. No indication it will affect their interest in Alex though.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/21/west-ham-on-verge-of-appointing-tim-steidten-as-new-technical-director