IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think with his contract only having two years remaining then most of us are in agreement that we should sell this summer.

If the price is right, fair enough, no different to any other time. Helping us to the play offs/enhancing his reputation further to offset impact of contract running down is a plausible outcome. I’d be happy either way. 

7 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

If the price is right, fair enough, no different to any other time. Helping us to the play offs/enhancing his reputation further to offset impact of contract running down is a plausible outcome. I’d be happy either way. 

I still feel the price suggested by the club is a "we really don't want to sell, but if you insist......." price. 

It's also good that he doesn't want to have to leave, but if some of the named clubs so far do come in for him it could turn this head. 

I actually think the Inter offer could be lucrative over the longer term with a decent sell on percentage. If he were to show up well playing on the European stage with them, he could follow the Bellingham route at similar values.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why do our own fans want us to sell him below what we value him? 

I don’t think we do, it’s just that negotiations often end up with a price lower than the selling club want and more than the buying club wanted to pay, ie somewhere in between.

In City’s case…

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I still feel the price suggested by the club is a "we really don't want to sell, but if you insist......." price. 

It's also good that he doesn't want to have to leave, but if some of the named clubs so far do come in for him it could turn this head. 

I actually think the Inter offer could be lucrative over the longer term with a decent sell on percentage. If he were to show up well playing on the European stage with them, he could follow the Bellingham route at similar values.

…it is likely that if we do sell it will be closer to our want than the buying club want.

But who knows?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Borussia Dortmund probably won't be bidding this summer as Alvarez and Nmecha look likely yo sign, especially Alvarez. Can't think they would look to go in for a 3rd CM but then again they lost Bellingham and Dahoud in one summer so...

They’ve never been linked with him regardless.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Borussia Dortmund probably won't be bidding this summer as Alvarez and Nmecha look likely yo sign, especially Alvarez. Can't think they would look to go in for a 3rd CM but then again they lost Bellingham and Dahoud in one summer so...

According to the Manchester Evening News they may bid for Mejbri from Man Utd and Bild claims they also want Cole Palmer.

Both very Dortmund type signings.

• Thanks 1

What if Nige and SL have said to AS that this coming season is our best chance of getting promoted, if he stays? What if a gentleman's agreement has then been agreed that he'll get regular first team football?  AS  can leave with their best wishes in the second transfer window if we're nowhere near play offs.

AS hopefully realises he has a great support already around him. He knows he'll let Tommy down with having to pay all the rent...as joked by Nige. Why shouldn't he stay under that Gentleman's agreement, assuming there is such a one here? 

Even if we sell him for £15m in 2nd transfer window, when we could/maybe have sold him for £25m currently, BCFC still profits by £15m! 

I am genuinely excited about our prospects this season* so if SL is genuine in wanting promotion, AS has to be in the plans.

*Mind you I normally am every season but this time it feels different in a positive way.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I think there will be some frank discussions between the club and Alex Scott or at least his agent. I believe we will get the £25M and possibly more but will consist of between £15-20M as the transfer fee and  £5M+ in add on’s and sell on clauses, some of which will be almost guaranteed others will rely on Scott fulfilling is potential. If he goes to someone like West Ham or Brighton there could be a European qualification and a non relegation clause. If he joins a foreign side such as Inter then there should be competition winning and International cap clauses.

In an ideal world Alex Scott would sign a contract extension with an agreed minimum fee clause added. But this isn’t an ideal world and as much as I would like to think Scott could go with this I can’t see his agent agreeing to it. The club have a duty to get the best price for their most sellable asset and without an extension this or possibly the January window will be the most profitable time to sell. If we reinvest by getting 2 or 3 decent players with good potential in the same way Brentford have done for years we could strengthen the side (the sum of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts) and also continue to develop player to sell for a profit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

What if Nige and SL have said to AS that this coming season is our best chance of getting promoted, if he stays? What if a gentleman's agreement has then been agreed that he'll get regular first team football?  AS  can leave with their best wishes in the second transfer window if we're nowhere near play offs.

AS hopefully realises he has a great support already around him. He knows he'll let Tommy down with having to pay all the rent...as joked by Nige. Why shouldn't he stay under that Gentleman's agreement, assuming there is such a one here? 

Even if we sell him for £15m in 2nd transfer window, when we could/maybe have sold him for £25m currently, BCFC still profits by £15m! 

I am genuinely excited about our prospects this season* so if SL is genuine in wanting promotion, AS has to be in the plans.

*Mind you I normally am every season but this time it feels different in a positive way.

Every  season I have a shilling on us getting promotion . 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 1

Not strictly speaking City and Scott but reportedly Arsenal have put a £35m price tag on Balogun.

Now as a striker he will get more chances to score and he has done very well at Reims and has the PL premium...but he is also 2 years older. At Middlesbrough age 20 and a half, he didn't pull up any trees in a team challenging for the top 6. Older than Scott is now he was at Middlesbrough..

He also like Scott has 2 years left on his deal.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Dean Jones suggests that clubs are not rushing to meet the price tag.

Wolves certainly don't think £25m is right according to this, other clubs and the window time will tell. In fact things move quickly so again this could be outdated within a week.

https://www.footballfancast.com/wolverhampton-wanderers-transfer-news-alex-scott/