IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

11 hours ago, Spudgun said:

Frickin Bournemouth.

Would seriously be ****ed right off if he went there, crap tinpot club.

West Ham or Brighton would be much much better for him and his career, Both in Europe.

Bournemouth got away with it last year and with any luck get relegated this time.

There 25M is as good as anyone's.

Still being compared to Grealish, it's so lazy. Alex has more facets to his game than playing with his socks down!

I do wonder if the average fan of West Ham for example actually know what they would be getting.  He's not a winger.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Blimey, how to go over and over the same thing without really saying anything.

He said Alex Scott played 47 Championship games for us last season. 

He also failed to mention the possibility that their interest in Scott may have came from ex Bristol City players Moyes and Rob Newman, which seems a pretty obvious link. 

I dunno, if someone's gonna put a video out like that, at least get the facts right in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Still being compared to Grealish, it's so lazy. Alex has more facets to his game than playing with his socks down!

I do wonder if the average fan of West Ham for example actually know what they would be getting.  He's not a winger.

At least include the winning of free kicks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I think he's a Grealish+ 

His style is very similar however he has defensive attributes that Grealish doesn't have. 

Scott could play as a winger but I think his attributes would possibly be wasted there.

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I see him more like (not the same) Gerrard and Bellingham than I do Grealish.

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He said Alex Scott played 47 Championship games for us last season. 

He also failed to mention the possibility that their interest in Scott may have came from ex Bristol City players Moyes and Rob Newman, which seems a pretty obvious link. 

I dunno, if someone's gonna put a video out like that, at least get the facts right in my opinion. 

Yep, it’s just filling 10 mins isn’t it.

I watched a video the other week by a young City fan re Jason Knight.  Fair play to the lad (not trying to sound condescending) for doing a video, it’s more than I could do, but it was 8 mins of saying very little other than his age, what positions he can play, then contradicting the initial view that he didn’t think he was the right player, and then going full circle.

In summary it told me nothing about the type of player at all.

Do they not plan what they’re gonna say?

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think he's a Grealish+ 

His style is very similar however he has defensive attributes that Grealish doesn't have. 

Scott could play as a winger but I think his attributes would possibly be wasted there.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I see him more like (not the same) Gerrard and Bellingham than I do Grealish.

I think this goes some way to showing what an exciting talent he is. It's hard to put a "the next..." type label on him. Moves like Grealish on the ball, combatative and intelligent in midfield like a Gerrard or Bellingham but hard to make direct comparions to other players out there. Versatile but not a classic utility type either.

He's fairly unique as a young up and coming English player. Worth every penny for whoever coughs up the cash IMO.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think he's a Grealish+ 

That's nonsense in fairness. You watch Man City and his defensive work has been superb.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

A podcast I really rate finally got to talking about Alex Scott in a 'suggested transfers' video, they spoke of the 'exciting left winger at Bristol'. Almost vomited. They're so knowledgeable about the Premier League but the second you dip into the Chanmpionship they haven't a clue!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

A podcast I really rate finally got to talking about Alex Scott in a 'suggested transfers' video, they spoke of the 'exciting left winger at Bristol'. Almost vomited. They're so knowledgeable about the Premier League but the second you dip into the Chanmpionship they haven't a clue!

Lee-Hendrieitis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Gazred said:

I think this goes some way to showing what an exciting talent he is. It's hard to put a "the next..." type label on him. Moves like Grealish on the ball, combatative and intelligent in midfield like a Gerrard or Bellingham but hard to make direct comparions to other players out there. Versatile but not a classic utility type either.

He's fairly unique as a young up and coming English player. Worth every penny for whoever coughs up the cash IMO.

He's the first Alex Scott (well, if you ignore the other England capped Alex Scott).

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Maybe they were previewing next Summer's chase for Sam Bell and got the names mixed up?

16 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

More money for Wolves from the Nathan Collins (Brentford) deal. 

Talk of a £35m bid from Napoli for Max Kilman as well. 

They now need to replace Neves, Moutinho, Collins and Adama Traore. 

Was a good price for Collins tbf, a fair defender but £23m worth? Killman also heading off it seems which would bank over £100m (in total) in what increasingly looks like a fire sale.

Wonder how much FFP s**t they are in. A long season ahead for Wolves I think.

15 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Got a few contacts here at Maidenhead - they’re due 20% of any Max Kilman sale. Huge number for them if he goes for £35m.

https://footballinberkshire.co.uk/news/club-news/74701/max-kilman-the-hassle-free-defender-who-could-make-maidenhead-united-millions/#?utm_content=cmp-true

love it!

• Like 6

Well with the Rice deal appearing to be finally over the line between Arsenal and West Ham, hopefully the "reported" interest in Scott from the Hammers will either turn into something a bit more solid, or they will move onto other options.

The next week or so should be a but more illuminating than the previous social media nonsense.

17 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Got a few contacts here at Maidenhead - they’re due 20% of any Max Kilman sale. Huge number for them if he goes for £35m.

They need every penny. Saw them away at Gateshead at the end of last season - utter rubbish (even with the ex City lad in their team) !

31 minutes ago, ptr6 said:

They need every penny. Saw them away at Gateshead at the end of last season - utter rubbish (even with the ex City lad in their team) !

How interesting.

I had to look it up, but I imagine you are referring to Shawn McCOULSKY.

I am surprised he is not playing at a higher level.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

How interesting.

I had to look it up, but I imagine you are referring to Shawn McCOULSKY.

I am surprised he is not playing at a higher level.

Really? He was bloody awful.

• Like 1

Interestingly, probably due to my locality (30 minutes if that on a train into Stratford/London Stadium) I seem to have been getting a few snippets from fan pages on Facebook from West Ham supporters - also probably because it's linked my activity to City, not that they spy on you or anything......

Anyway, a few "groups" seem to think that they are very interested, with one I've just across a few minutes ago (but have scrolled past and now lost) saying that West Ham representives have spoken to Alex, and further movement was likely.

Now I have no idea if there is anything in this, or how (un)reliable that particular group is, but they seem pretty sure that there is likely to be a bid put in, if it's not already happened. £22m was mentioned, but again, no idea if reliable.

As I've said I've seen bits popping up a few times tonight, so will make sure if it happens again I'll screenshot, or link the source.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Interestingly, probably due to my locality (30 minutes if that on a train into Stratford/London Stadium) I seem to have been getting a few snippets from fan pages on Facebook from West Ham supporters - also probably because it's linked my activity to City, not that they spy on you or anything......

Anyway, a few "groups" seem to think that they are very interested, with one I've just across a few minutes ago (but have scrolled past and now lost) saying that West Ham representives have spoken to Alex, and further movement was likely.

Now I have no idea if there is anything in this, or how (un)reliable that particular group is, but they seem pretty sure that there is likely to be a bid put in, if it's not already happened. £22m was mentioned, but again, no idea if reliable.

As I've said I've seen bits popping up a few times tonight, so will make sure if it happens again I'll screenshot, or link the source.

I suspect that these guys are just supporters, like you and I, with as much knowledge regarding any potential transfer and fee as you and I.

It’s always good to hear perspectives from supporters of other teams so I’ll welcome any updates you can supply but I will have pinch of salt near at hand when I read them!