IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Well, he can do what if he doesn’t sign a contract (pretty much a free). 

Well yes but being 21 when his contract expires if it comes to that, provided that we make a valid offer we will be entitled to compensation, whether it is taken to a tribunal and they decide or if we and the final interested club come to a mutually agreeable settlement.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well yes but being 21 when his contract expires if it comes to that, provided that we make a valid offer we will be entitled to compensation, whether it is taken to a tribunal and they decide or if we and the final interested club come to a mutually agreeable settlement.

That’s why I put in brackets “pretty much free”. 
It certainly wouldn’t be anywhere near £25m. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

And if by some chance he starts playing silly buggers (and I don't think he would ) NP will have him back in the U23s as quick as a wink, which wouldn't do his prospects any good .

And that's one thing I imagine we would all pretty much be in agreement with.

No nepotism with Nigel.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1

Got to feel that any fee of £20m + add ons (potentially moving it up to £25m+) is one where we start serious talks.

Whether than is Bournemouth it doesn't really matter in my book. Money talks at the end of the day.

It would be interesting to think how that money would change our transfer dynamic over the next few weeks though (the plan B NP spoke about). 

Would we look to upgrade in positions we've already bolstered in the Plan A implemented thus summer so far.

Another 3-4 players and do we block the pathways of a number of the Academy players?

Sometimes having a larger budget comes with it's own issues and difficult decisions.

41 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near free. 

There is a caveat to your thinking though. If he gets snapped up by a non English side will be get considerably less than the compensation already shown by Davefevs. So there is a big risk in that sense however we'll sell before then I'm sure.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Got to feel that any fee of £20m + add ons (potentially moving it up to £25m+) is one where we start serious talks.

Whether than is Bournemouth it doesn't really matter in my book. Money talks at the end of the day.

It would be interesting to think how that money would change our transfer dynamic over the next few weeks though (the plan B NP spoke about). 

Would we look to upgrade in positions we've already bolstered in the Plan A implemented thus summer so far.

Another 3-4 players and do we block the pathways of a number of the Academy players?

Sometimes having a larger budget comes with it's own issues and difficult decisions.

You would like to think that the four incomings were Plan A& B and Plan B is to strengthen areas such as CB,GK and maybe a forward.

• Like 1

Just now, Shuffle said:

You would like to think that the four incomings were Plan A& B and Plan B is to strengthen areas such as CB,GK and maybe a forward.

Could be true there Mark.

Does a new CB mean that we're not going to give Vyner a new deal?

Although Kalas looks to be moving on, our general modus at the moment seems to be getting players in that can play a multitude of positions.

In that sense, one more CB and it could be bye bye Zak.

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Exactly that. The Scott money would be used to upgrade/strengthen the next areas of the squad that need the most attention. 

My thinking would he another GK, CB and CM.

Plus if the right player in whatever position for the right price becomes available we go for it. Price permitting of course.

Then look at getting Vyner, Pring, Bell and Conway tied down for longer if possible with the extra financial freedom. (I know you and I guess everyone on here knows all of it but some key contracts in next 2 years).

Vyner- We took up the option to take to 2024

Pring (2024, option to 2025 if needed), Bell, Conway- 2025.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Although Kalas looks to be moving on, our general modus at the moment seems to be getting players in that can play a multitude of positions.

I certainly think that Vyner is wanted at club but I get the whole you’ve only had one really good season so an improved offer could follow pre Xmas if he demonstrates that it wasn’t a one off.  I suspect that Dickie will ultimately be first choice RCB & in Atkinsons absence we are LCB light.  Think Roberts and Pring are considered LBs who can cover so for me a new LCB required as prefer Naismith in MF.  Who knows though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My thinking would he another GK, CB and CM.

Plus if the right player in whatever position for the right price becomes available we go for it. Price permitting of course.

Then look at getting Vyner, Pring, Bell and Conway tied down for longer if possible with the extra financial freedom.

Vyner- 2024

Pring, Bell, Conway- 2025.

Print, Bell, Conway absolutely a priority.

I'm not so sure we view Vyner in the same light. He had his best season last year and of course on the whole his performances were much improved.

However the contract offer he got is viewed as not acceptable. Do we improve on that, or say that that is what we value you at take it or leave it?

Seems strange that we would look to bring in players for those positions before tying down Vyner if that's the case. 

Awaiting the Bajic move to a French team any day now. He's certainly not in the first team frame at all for me

Edited by NcnsBcfc

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I certainly think that Vyner is wanted at club but I get the whole you’ve only had one really good season so an improved offer could follow pre Xmas if he demonstrates that it wasn’t a one off.  I suspect that Dickie will ultimately be first choice RCB & in Atkinsons absence we are LCB light.  Think Roberts and Pring are considered LBs who can cover so for me a new LCB required as prefer Naismith in MF.  Who knows though.

Agree with that.

I can't see us offering an improved contract to Vyner before Jan and with a new CB potentially coming in post Scott money, he would be even further down the pecking order.

29 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Print, Bell, Conway absolutely a priority.

I'm not so sure we view Vyner in the same light. He had his best season last year and of course on the whole his performances were much improved.

However the contract offer he got is viewed as not acceptable. Do we improve on that, or say that that is what we value you at take it or leave it?

Seems strange that we would look to bring in players for those positions before tying down Vyner if that's the case. 

Awaiting the Bajic move to a French team any day now. He's certainly not in the first team frame at all for me

Hard to say with Vyner, laat year felt like a bit of a breakthrough year didn't it. Can he maintain and push on is the question? In theory yes, as the sides level raises so might his. 25 isnt he, enterint peak age rsnfe and sfill a bit of room for growth- I'm leaning towards try and tie down if possible. 

Atkinson still out for a while, I'll be honest is Dickie right or left footed? I don't know! Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson remain our pure centre backs- yes I know that others can cover but think one more needed ideally although finances may dictate otherwise.

Bit soon? Only 21, Goalkeepers can very much peak later, can hit peak years later than any other position, would we put Wiles-Richards ahead of him as our 3rd keeper?

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Who is better between Alex Scott and his u19 midfield mate Carney who went to Chelsea for £20m?

Just wondering

Good question.  Scott is by far the more intelligent and skillful player with far more nous.  Chumbawumba is a bit of a beast though.  Can carry the ball forward at ease, in a similar way to Yaya Toure.  He doesn't have the intelligence though and loses it a lot.  More of a rough diamond but with better raw materials.

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I honestly don’t think we deviate from the plan.  Don’t forget under the current financial plan, we are close enough to FFP (although not a concern) and SL is bailing us out every season.  If you’re looking for investment or to sell you aren’t gonna want to put money in for someone’s benefit.

So I think Scott’s money (should he go) avoids us having to get an SL bail out for 2 / 3 seasons.

I’m not saying Nige doesn’t get any if it, but I’m think one or two signings at most.

56 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I’m sure we don’t want Zak to go for nothing next season.  I suspect talks will happen if not already happening.

We might bring in a project though.