IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

12 minutes ago, tin said:

It also proves my point about Wolves’ FFP position earlier in this thread, at which time others naively dismissed it. They’ve clearly brought in enough revenue already to potentially fund this deal. Wolves would be a much better option than AFCB. 

They're not out of the woods yet as John Percy says:

There is still a requirement to bring in further money to eradicate any fears of future punishment for breaching Financial Fair Play regulations, following the club’s mammoth spend last season.

Players such as Raul Jimenez, Daniel Podence and Jonny Castro Otto could all make way this summer if acceptable offers are received.

They are prepared to pay up on the assumption that other players will leave as expected. A risk they are prepared to take because Lopetegui rates Alex so highly.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Not close enough to either Wolves or Bournemouth, yet if it was 20m, add ons and a player - is there anyone worth taking from either clubs if offered?

He hasn’t played much and not sure if he is in Wolves plans but Joe Hodge has a good reputation. Maybe could secure a cheap loan for him or see if they would sell up. Seen clips of youth football looks tidy. No idea if ready for championship. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A few Wolves fans suggestef Cundle as some kind of cash plus player deal.

Mins you a few think he is better than Scott so! ? They seemed to be pointing out some areas in which he apparently outperformed Scott.

I thought he did relatively well during his loan spell at Swansea last season. 

However, I’m unsure if he improves us, largely because he was in a possession based team last season. Whereas we are much more dangerous as a counter-attacking side.

Personally, I think Nige may make a move for Khadra again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

High praise if they see Scott as a Ruben Neves replacement. 

Not that we don't already know this, but shows the high esteem he is clearly held in. 

As John Percy reports:

Lopetegui, the Wolves head coach, is completely behind the pursuit of Scott and believes the teenager can have a significant impact in the Premier League.

Scott was previously on Wolves’s radar before Lopetegui’s appointment in November, but the Basque coach is understood to have been vastly impressed by his potential since taking a closer look.

Very flattering from a coach of his standing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

However, I’m unsure if he improves us, largely because he was in a possession based team last season. Whereas we are much more dangerous as a counter-attacking side.

I don’t think so the player doesn’t want to play for Bristol city that’s Khadra that is. 

16 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I'm not sure we ever were a counter attacking side really. The language used by the club this season suggests thst we will be moving even further away from counter attacking football. 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm not sure we ever were a counter attacking side really. The language used by the club this season suggests thst we will be moving even further away from counter attacking football. 

Start of last season we were predominantly counter-attacking, but as the season wore on, we changed a lot.  Still not there as a possession side but moving that direction for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I know we’ve disagreed over the bidding war, but that’s because people have said we’d accept then renege, like an auction (which it’s not)…which we won’t do…if we’ve said it’s £25m (I’ve no idea) then if someone offers that we will accept it.  We haven’t accepted anything, nor have we then accepted something higher, and in it goes.

All posters are doing is having their view based on the info at hand.  Probably their biggest problem is impatience.

As it stands we are rejecting offers (formal or not).  So far we’ve only heard of two - Wolves £18m rejected, then Bournemouth £15m rejected - we heard them the other way round, but that wasn’t the order City received them.  My gut feel is that they thought Wolves had gone as far as they would and tried to be clever with a lower bid.

We now hear a story that Wolves are still in this and are about to offer £20m+.  We will have to wait and see if this happens.  If it does, firstly it shows Bournemouth have misread the situation, and now will be playing catch up.  Secondly, City might reject Wolves.

As discussed before, the wild card is does the boy want to go to Muff Wolves  or anywhere else. There is a constant assumption in some posts that if the “25” m is hit then the boy moves. This is by no means a certainty, particularly with Bournemouth. 

My thought is Levi will now be forced to take another look at his bank account and, I have said many times,  another maybe a couple of the really big boys put their heads above the pulpit.

4 hours ago, Pearsonistheman said:

Teams he may go to and ku throughts on them as a move -

Bournemouth - close to home, by the sea which I assume he likes, will play week jn week out you’d think.  Tin pot plaything of some Russian oligarch

Wolves - crap area, think they may struggle next season.  Got a top notch coach who rates him and they are a proper club with a history

Brighton - good club, be a good move and would play a fair bit.  Don't seem to be interested.

West Ham - got the Rice money burning a hole. European football so would more than likely get his chances. Draw of London if he wants that.  Apparently already met them and been told unlikely to get much gametime next season.

Liverpool - see Fabio Carvaliho for reference I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.  If we get to January and we are selling can see a deal with a lower fee but he stays till the end of the season.

Spurs - can’t see them going to a player like Scott but then again they did similar with Ali. Wouldn’t be a starter.  

In conclusion -

If I was him I’d be looking at Bournemouth and Brighton or West Ham If London is a attraction. 

If I were a bookie, I'd price Wolves as the favourites to sign him.  Not by much though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Start of last season we were predominantly counter-attacking, but as the season wore on, we changed a lot.  Still not there as a possession side but moving that direction for sure.

Indeed, Nigel himself said we were a counter attacking side but the aim is to transition to a more possession based one.

Not that we will end up like Swansea, we have players who can press with intensity, more so now we have Knight. We have the energy and it we get the triggers right we could be a pain to play against.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Alex Crook earlier.

Wonder what they or he would define as 'silly money'.

In the case of West Ham, might FOMO supersede their going for established and proven experience, from here or overseas. Scott is ahead of all of them at respective stages of their career btw, all the names they were linked with.

As an outside looking in, and something I said earlier, I think they tried to be clever, thinking they were only ones in it.  Seems like they misjudged it!