IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

47 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

There was a bid in January. 

Because, yes, Lopetegui does fancy the pants off him. 

All the above is correct. 

The question is - Wolferhampton's financial position is well known, so do they really have the wriggle room to be able to offer us what we want?  

Given it's  the ex manager of Real Madrid and the Spanish national team that fancies the pants off him, given Wolfs have consistently been the keenest of Scott's suitors, given they're a proper football club compared to the utter tinpot tossers  of Dorset, I'd say this has a decent chance of being on the money, IF they can find a few extra million down the back of the sofa.

And our Biff has had several days out, on expenses, to watch his favourite team - all to no avail. Unlucky Moyesie - our boy's twice the player that Flynn kiddie is. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As an outside looking in, and something I said earlier, I think they tried to be clever, thinking they were only ones in it.  Seems like they misjudged it!

May well have done, plenty of twists and turns still await..West Ham are a bit of an unknown quantity in light of being linked with so many midfielders and the possible change of DoF.

Wolves and their amortisation bill must be surging but perhaps a turning point has been reached with them financially.

If Caicedo goes, might Brighton come charging back in?

• Like 1

There are so many people on here who seem so keen for Alex to be sold I'm just surprised somebody hasn't yet told him to bu**er off and be gone. I maintain that our position should be that £25M gets you a seat at the table and that's it. It's the starting point for negotiation not the end point. Anything less should be rejected forthwith. 

I also don't like cash plus player deals. Most of the time you get a sum of cash and a disaffected player who is not wanted by his current club and is nothing more than a make weight for someone else. 

Finally I think if Scott is sold for 20M or more it's delusional to think we'd spend anymore than a third (if that) of what we receive. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

There are so many people on here who seem so keen for Alex to be sold I'm just surprised somebody hasn't yet told him to bu**er off and be gone. I maintain that our position should be that £25M gets you a seat at the table and that's it. It's the starting point for negotiation not the end point. Anything less should be rejected forthwith. . 

If Alex is also happy with that, then we can really play hardball.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I've seen nothing or read anything that suggests he wouldn't be. The universal opinion seems to be that he's a level headed lad who wants to play at the top level but is not in a huge rush to do so yet. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I hope he doesn’t go to Wolves. Just don’t like them. The most forgettable and pointless of all the current Premier League teams. Nothing interesting about them at all.

I don’t like Wolves, either.

But Wolves more “pointless” than Luton & Bournemouth; I don’t think so !!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

At least there’s a story behind Luton and Bournemouth. Luton, the plucky ex-non league team who’ve risen back from the dead. Bournemouth, the Russian nemesis origin story.

Wolves. A gold shirt? That’s it.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I like anyone who is going to pay us £25m or more!

Gutted that he’s gonna go but I’ll be following his career and expect his next club to be a stepping stone to one of the big boys. Which, with a decent sell on fee, will be happy days for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

At least there’s a story behind Luton and Bournemouth. Luton, the plucky ex-non league team who’ve risen back from the dead. Bournemouth, the Russian nemesis origin story.

Wolves. A gold shirt? That’s it.

Really! Wolves are original members of the football league, Division One champions 3 times, Division 2 champions 4 times, Division 3 champions twice, Division 4 champions once and FA Cup winners 4 times. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Really! Wolves are original members of the football league, Division One champions 3 times, Division 2 champions 4 times, Division 3 champions twice, Division 4 champions once and FA Cup winners 4 times. 

Not the JPT though is it?

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we accept less than £25m it may also be a sign of how highly we value having the money in the bank and the scope it gives us going forwards. 

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I hate the way Wolves went up with the dodgy deal with a superagent....

...and I'm still bitter about that night at Ashton Gate... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Yep agree Wolves are a proper club and will always be PL / strong Championship club. Got to be honest though was expecting a better choice than Wolves or Bournemouth for Alex

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Indeed. Billy Wright, 105 England caps, 90 as captain.

Stan Cullis, one of the great managers from 1948 to 1964,  won the league  3 times. The first English club to take European football seriously, playing friendlies against top European sides before the European Cup started.

Derek Dougan, John Richards, Steve Bull, 3 great strikers. The list goes on even if it doesn't quite match Bournemouth's illustrious history.?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

There are so many people on here who seem so keen for Alex to be sold I'm just surprised somebody hasn't yet told him to bu**er off and be gone. I maintain that our position should be that £25M gets you a seat at the table and that's it. It's the starting point for negotiation not the end point. Anything less should be rejected forthwith. 

I also don't like cash plus player deals. Most of the time you get a sum of cash and a disaffected player who is not wanted by his current club and is nothing more than a make weight for someone else. 

Finally I think if Scott is sold for 20M or more it's delusional to think we'd spend anymore than a third (if that) of what we receive. 

If it is 20m plus add ons ; it will be sold as near as possible 25m , the big one will be the sell on fee , 20% minimum , as if he reaches even half of his potential , that will be a fat payday in a few years , , next transfer could  easily be 50 -75 million , I also think that if Wolves do have it accepted it will start a scramble with others who have been playing it cool .

As far as spending it , I don’t any of us believe more than 4-5 million if that would be spent, at least this window, couple of class acts only maybe as squad needs to stay tight 

3 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

If it is 20m plus add ons ; it will be sold as near as possible 25m , the big one will be the sell on fee , 20% minimum , as if he reaches even half of his potential , that will be a fat payday in a few years , , next transfer could  easily be 50 -75 million , I also think that if Wolves do have it accepted it will start a scramble with others who have been playing it cool .

As far as spending it , I don’t any of us believe more than 4-5 million if that would be spent, at least this window, couple of class acts only maybe as squad needs to stay tight 

I'm sorry it should be £25M plus add ons, otherwise we are selling ourselves short. I'd expect us to negotiate a 20% sell on but I wouldn't bank on benefitting from it. Too much store is placed on sell ons which for many clubs, especially us, don't seem to bear much fruit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm so glad you mentioned that, whenever its been suggested that has been my thoughts, totally agree :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm sorry it should be £25M plus add ons, otherwise we are selling ourselves short. I'd expect us to negotiate a 20% sell on but I wouldn't bank on benefitting from it. Too much store is placed on sell ons which for many clubs, especially us, don't seem to bear much fruit. 

Not disagreeing it should be 25m , and it may be that 20m plus is 22m who knows , reference the sell on fee I really do think this will bear fruit , especially if he ends up at Wolves , West Ham et al because I think he will then move on to a top six or top European in a few years for a lot of money 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don’t deny Wolves have a more illustrious history or that they’re bigger. Just currently, I don’t find them interesting. I think I could name three of their players: Bentley, Kilman and Costa. They’re just a pretty dull team, never competing at the top end, mostly avoiding the bottom. If you asked 100 random people to name all 20 teams in the Premiership, I reckon Wolves would be one of the least mentioned teams. They’re, currently, dull and forgettable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Stan Cullis, one of the great managers from 1948 to 1964,  won the league  3 times. The first English club to take European football seriously, playing friendlies against top European sides before the European Cup started.

Derek Dougan, John Richards, Steve Bull, 3 great strikers. The list goes on even if it doesn't quite match Bournemouth's illustrious history.?

I saw that team twice. At Cardiff City in 1952 and in the first floodlit game at City in 1953. They were a very good side with England's captain Billy Wright and a host of top quality in the side.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I don’t deny Wolves have a more illustrious history or that they’re bigger. Just currently, I don’t find them interesting. I think I could name three of their players: Bentley, Kilman and Costa. They’re just a pretty dull team, never competing at the top end, mostly avoiding the bottom. If you asked 100 random people to name all 20 teams in the Premiership, I reckon Wolves would be one of the least mentioned teams. They’re, currently, dull and forgettable.

Fair enough. The one I always forget is Crystal Palace. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

My thought too. No thrills or exciting players to watch. Reckon they need players like Alex Scott tbf so wouldn't surprise me if they hit our demands ?

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

What you on about, who can forget such footballing giants as , Ray Bumstead, Terry Gulliver, John Hold  and late of this parish Lou Peters !

• Like 1

I know their interest has waned, but I'd have loved to have seen Alex go to Brighton - I think he would've thrived there under De Zerbi and they are happy to move players on at a high price to reinvest in younger players, which we could've benefitted from in the future.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BritAbroad said:

I know their interest has waned, but I'd have loved to have seen Alex go to Brighton - I think he would've thrived there under De Zerbi and they are happy to move players on at a high price to reinvest in younger players, which we could've benefitted from in the future.

If Caicedo goes that could still happen.

Wolves are submitting a £20 million-plus bid for Bristol City midfielder Alex Scott, as Julen Lopetegui makes a major push to capture the highly-rated England under-20 international.

Scott is a prime target for Lopetegui this summer and Wolves are ready to make a second improved offer which will be closer to the Championship club’s strict £25 million valuation.

Wolves had an opening proposal worth £18 million knocked back earlier this month but a new offer is imminent for one of English football’s brightest young talents, who was named the Championship’s Young Player of the Season.

Lopetegui, the Wolves head coach, is completely behind the pursuit of Scott and believes the teenager can have a significant impact in the Premier League.

Scott was previously on Wolves’s radar before Lopetegui’s appointment in November, but the Basque coach is understood to have been vastly impressed by his potential since taking a closer look.

Wolves do face serious competition, however, with Bournemouth already having a bid rejected last week.

Above from today’s Sunday Telegraph.

• Thanks 3