IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Re Newcastle and FFP, that might be a red herring. They’re currently trying to offload Alain Saint-Maximam to a Saudi club. Both Newcastle and the Saudi club are owned by the same people. It’s basically Watford but on a bigger scale and can - if not solve - certainly ease FFP due to ownership.

Doesn’t mean they’re in for Scott. But if they want to be, they can be

Wait until Neves new Saudi club loan him to Newcastle before the season starts.

As you are probably aware the Saudi PIF bought 4 Saudi clubs last month, they also, of course, own Newcastle.

There is no FFP or equivalent in Saudi, again well documented, you can see where this is going.

Eddie Howe has been constantly going on about FFP and how it limits what they can do in the market, strangely more vocal than most other EPL managers.

As far as I am aware, as things stand there is nothing FIFA or UEFA can do about it - Watford on a much bigger scale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel this has a while left to run yet. And I'm still hopeful that the valuation won't be met and he'll still be here next year.

I mean, it's one more year at BCFC, or about £3 million quid in your bank account for playing for :laugh: Wolves or :laugh: Bournemouth.

You know it makes sense Alex.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

As you are probably aware the Saudi PIF bought 4 Saudi clubs last month, they also, of course, own Newcastle.

There is no FFP or equivalent in Saudi, again well documented, you can see where this is going.

Eddie Howe has been constantly going on about FFP and how it limits what they can do in the market, strangely more vocal than most other EPL managers.

As far as I am aware, as things stand there is nothing FIFA or UEFA can do about it - Watford on a much bigger scale.

Yep this has been discussed, a two year loan to Newcastle was muted.

• Like 1

Our CEO was presumably the man that negotiated the deal that got Bolasie to Everton and Wan-Bissanka to Man Utd.

I'd say he probably knows what he's doing.

And if Scott stays, happy days.

As far as progression goes, the only way I see Scott becoming anxious is if he misses out on U21 selection, though I think the next squad announcement is likely to be after the window slams shut.

31 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

It could happen.

FFP was a UEFA invention anyway, not FIFA so that's one flaw in any event- think China introduced some of their own but it's no means a continent wide ie an Asian Confederation wide thing.

Eddie Howe also has form for this..he complained about Bournemouth and their FFP fine in 2015, saying it limited dreams or ambition etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nick Carle perhaps could have gone on to do better here had we kept with the less direct ethos of the 2nd half of the season.

Minority view probably but a 3 man CM may have suited, proper pre-season etc. Thought we played some of our best Football when Noble was behind the striker.

• Like 2

For those very keen on sell ons what is regarded as a good result. If we sell Scott to X for £25M plus a 20% sell on clause (most likely percentage) and he signs a 3 year contract, then after 2 years X sells to Y for £50M (amortised over 5 years) we'd eventually bank £5M. Is that a good or disappointing result? 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Personally I believe he’s better off going to these sort of clubs. If he went to a bigger club and he didn’t get any game time, that is no good. He is good enough to get game time at the likes of Bournemouth and Wolves. He will develop further and move to a bigger club here or abroad in a few years. Resulting in another payout for Bristol City which is the most important thing.

I’m looking forward to his progression in his career. And we can all be proud that he started it at Bristol City. 

I agree that he should go somewhere he’ll get game time but also think there’s better clubs for it.

The likes of Brighton, West Ham, Villa, potentially Crystal Palace are all clubs that I think can offer game time, maybe not guaranteed every week initially but enough game time to allow him to show what he can do before becoming a regular starter.

• Like 1

In respect of West Ham and Scott, their midfield links or consideration seems to an ever increasing pool, such a wide range??

https://www.90min.com/posts/youssouf-fofana-west-ham-target-joao-palhinha-bid-fails

Fofana from Monaco the latest. Needless to say, Scott is certainly ahead of where he was at the respective stages of their careers.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nick Carle perhaps could have gone on to do better here had we kept with the less direct ethos of the 2nd half of the season.

Every time I hear that name it takes me back to Bramall Lane. I think was our play off season, pretty sure  was last game. We lost 3-2 but he was unplayable………

• Like 1

Paul Cooper • 12 m • E

Fabrizo Romano @wwfcchaz • 15m

Alex Scott to Wolverhampton Wanderers, here we go! Agreement reached and Wolves now completed after news revealed a done deal

• #WWFC

Scott agreed personal terms yesterday and clubs agreed with a green light.

Medical being booked this week for English

CM. Huge signing.

X

DOR 11

Home

Friends

Watch

Marketplace Notifications

16 1,366

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Lichfield eastend said:

Paul Cooper • 12 m • E

Alex Scott to Wolverhampton Wanderers, here we go! Agreement reached and Wolves now completed after news revealed a done deal

• #WWFC

CM. Huge signing.

X

DOR 11

Home

Friends

Watch

16 1,366

Straight up?

6 minutes ago, Lichfield eastend said:

Paul Cooper • 12 m • E

• #WWFC

CM. Huge signing.

X

DOR 11

Home

Friends

Watch

16 1,366

You’re sharing a tweet from someone whose Twitter handle is called @wwfcchaz, ffs. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It could happen.

FFP was a UEFA invention anyway, not FIFA so that's one flaw in any event- think China introduced some of their own but it's no means a continent wide ie an Asian Confederation wide thing.

Eddie Howe also has form for this..he complained about Bournemouth and their FFP fine in 2015, saying it limited dreams or ambition etc.

Love to see that quote please. As far as I'm aware the club made no complaint about the FFP fine, and immediately made provision for it in the accounts but were told not the pay it yet by the Football League due to the QPR case going through the courts which could impact the amount. Which it duly did. You may also want to check the extra quote the Football League made about that particular fine when the final amount was confirmed, something no other club has had as far as I know. I understand it doesn't fit the narrative but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Kirsikka said:

Love to see that quote please. As far as I'm aware the club made no complaint about the FFP fine, and immediately made provision for it in the accounts but were told not the pay it yet by the Football League due to the QPR case going through the courts which could impact the amount. Which it duly did. You may also want to check the extra quote the Football League made about that particular fine when the final amount was confirmed, something no other club has had as far as I know. I understand it doesn't fit the narrative but it is what it is.

I'll try and find about it but he wasn't too happy, there was a report in 2015.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3375579/Bournemouth-manager-Eddie-Howe-hits-Financial-Fair-Play-club-facing-fine-structure-spell-end-underdogs.html

Not so much the club, more Howe didn't seem to appreciate it.

Happy to look further into it and Bournemouth weren't over by that much iirc. Few million was it?

• Like 1

Meanwhile, as I said from the outset I'm still not expecting us to get Scott but I'll still keep following this in case since the way the club is operating has changed a lot. There is a gaping hole in our midfield at the moment so someone is going to be signed an play a lot of Premier League minutes next season. I suspect not Scott though.

9 minutes ago, Lichfield eastend said:

Paul Cooper • 12 m • E

• #WWFC

CM. Huge signing.

X

DOR 11

Home

Friends

Watch

16 1,366

That's the wording from Fab's Milos Kerkez tweet but with names and clubs changed.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'll try and find about it but he wasn't too happy, there was a report in 2015.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3375579/Bournemouth-manager-Eddie-Howe-hits-Financial-Fair-Play-club-facing-fine-structure-spell-end-underdogs.html

Not so much the club, more Howe didn't seem to appreciate it.

Maybe there's something else but I'm not sure there's anything too controversial about what he's said there. Pretty much what anyone can tell you, that FFP isn't about fair play but about protecting the clubs at the top and stopping teams breaking into that group.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lichfield eastend said:

Paul Cooper • 12 m • E

• #WWFC

CM. Huge signing.

X

DOR 11

Home

Friends

Watch

16 1,366

Would appear to be a fake Fab?

Screenshot_20230717-180357_Chrome.thumb.jpg.897f92021fec8ea0a4b984d00a9661fc.jpg

Just now, Kirsikka said:

Maybe there's something else but I'm not sure there's anything too controversial about what he's said there. Pretty much what anyone can tell you, that FFP isn't about fair play but about protecting the clubs at the top and stopping teams breaking into that group.

A matter of regulatory interpretation tbh.  Really cash flow or some kinda two year mimimum escrow for cash flow would be the best way.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

If West Ham are the only option then I think he will still be here next season after Moyes failed to show him any pathway into the first team, allegedly.

It seems (according to that WH vlog ) the fans are not pleased with Moyes...........and I know it will sound like heresy but I've always thought him a bit of a dick, sorry .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A matter of regulatory interpretation tbh.  Really cash flow or some kinda two year mimimum escrow for cash flow would be the best way.

Don't want to drag thread off in a different direction but I'd be delighted if they said something like "This is the football budget of the biggest team in your division. If you want to match it with investment - no loans, no paying it back - you can but no more. There is no obligation to do so, it's purely your choice". Obviously needs a lot of refining as it's very rough but it would give everyone the opportunity to compete on a level playing field if they wanted to, and no owners trying to claw their money back later and burying clubs. You'd also need some kind of protection of club assets like stadiums. Pie in the sky I know, as the biggest teams don't want other teams competing on a level playing field and many owners (not all) certainly don't want to put money in without a clear way of getting it back out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It could happen.

Most of the elite teams operate under WTF rules, leaving us less fortunate to deal with the inevitable FFS blow-back.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Haha 12

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What we’ve gleaned over the past few days (in my head at least!) is that City aren’t backing down.  Add to that, Alex playing on Saturday, I think shows City / Alex (his agent) working together…which is actually really encouraging.

Let’s just assume £25m is the magic number, then I think it then becomes all about Alex and who he wants to go to, out of those who meet that.  The bidding war is with him, not City….if money is the driver….I doubt it.  He will pick the club that best suits his needs now and ambitions.

If somebody bids the magic number Dave and the club accepts can Scott say actually no thanks can I stay until January/end of season and revaluate ?