IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also SSN.

It's pretty clear that Lopetegui is really keen to sign Alex and it has been suggested that he has told the owners to meet our valuation come what may.

There's little or no sign that any other club will pay the price so it may come down to our payment terms.

22 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's pretty clear that Lopetegui is really keen to sign Alex and it has been suggested that he has told the owners to meet our valuation come what may.

There's little or no sign that any other club will pay the price so it may come down to our payment terms.

Wonder if Pep discussed Scott with Lopetegui (after the cup game) seeing that they are good friends. As you say Lopetegui seems to be pushing for this and is keen for the deal to get done.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Wonder if Pep discussed Scott with Lopetegui (after the cup game) seeing that they are good friends. As you say Lopetegui seems to be pushing for this and is keen for the deal to get done.

Possibly he might have asked his opinion but according to John Percy in the Telegraph Alex was on Wolves' wish list before Lopetegui arrived and when he took a close look himself he immediately wanted him. Hence Wolves making a bid in January.

On 14/07/2023 at 15:35, Sleepy1968 said:

Crikey. Did a stick of rock end up somewhere it shouldn't have at some point?

Something like that. I just don’t like Bournemouth. Was once there in the High Street when an armed raid on a Jewellers took place. It was scary. Then wasted a day giving statements and a further 2 days in court as a witness .
Another time I lost a phone on the beach and all the hassle that entailed. 
I’ve never seen City even get a point there. 
Even when I flew from there I got my suitcase searched and had to repack it. 
No I don’t like Bournemouth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 18

15 minutes ago, redapple said:

Something like that. I just don’t like Bournemouth. Was once there in the High Street when an armed raid on a Jewellers took place. It was scary. Then wasted a day giving statements and a further 2 days in court as a witness .

We should have vetoed the Semenyo deal on that basis alone!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, redapple said:

Wow. You've clearly earned your free lifetime pass for ragging on Bournemouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Team said:

I agree, I am still not convinced this all ends with Wolves matching our valuation and that someone else won’t come in last minute.

I think they'll match our valuation but I'm not sure if it would be Scott's preferred destination and this is where his agent has to earn his money. Of course he'd join Wolves but I think if given a choice he may prefer a West Ham or Brighton etc.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Malago said:

I always thought there was something sinister about that doll.  Remember walking past a Redifusion shop in Broadmead which had a dozen or so TVs showing the Test Card.  Always gave me the creeps. 

IMG_0366.jpeg.f105d0d94f124551998a2a871e99451d.jpeg

Give Chucky a run for his money that thing!!

Anybody know if she ever won that game of o's and x's?

38 minutes ago, Malago said:

I always thought there was something sinister about that doll.  Remember walking past a Redifusion shop in Broadmead which had a dozen or so TVs showing the Test Card.  Always gave me the creeps. 

IMG_0366.jpeg.f105d0d94f124551998a2a871e99451d.jpeg

Always annoyed me that they are playing noughts and crosses, and they haven't put one in the middle. Everyone knows you start with the middle.

Edited by asfred
  • Haha 2